A fresh new start for some?

ZombieHeadShots

[08] Mercenary
With SCV on the way and SCIV coming to a close, are there new or returning players ready to make an imprint in the SC community?

New players:
What type of experience do you wish to have for SCV?
What impression would you like to leave during the SCV era?

Returning players:
What impression have you already made and/or haven't made?
What do you have planned for SCV?

As for myself, I believe I've made some kind of "bad" impression but an impression nonetheless. I've managed to be one of the few strong Ivy users but in the process I've made several foes.

I have no big plans for SCV. I gave my all and best to SCIV. Username ZombieHeadShots will hide in the shadow with SCIV.

Well, at the beginning, i was not very convinced, most of all by the critical and brave edge stuff (street fighter like), but the new just guard system, balancing and fast paced gameplay made me believe in a reborn of the series....I play since Soul Calibur 1, and i didn´t liked 3 and 4, but I want to give the opportunity to this new game :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

New players:
(I feel addressed by that line of questioning since I'm no tournament player.)

I'm really thinking about attending a tourney or two during SCV's era. Some German gaming sites claim that Namco's going to hold tournaments in Germany as well (there's even a release party next week where I sadly can't participate). I'm not great at the game, but I'd like to see how far I can make it, meet some faces and sport my victories. ;) If I ever had the urge to get good at a game, perhaps SCV's the thing.

I'm not that much of an online player, so I believe I'll give SCV's online a shot without any intent on getting the hang out of online play. That field I feel I don't fit in.

And I'm going to rule casual weekends, crush my enemies, see them driven before me and then hear the lamentation of the women.

Returning players:
1.What impression have you already made and/or haven't made?
2.What do you have planned for SCV?

MMMM, I wont lie, I have a really good impresion of the game itself, I have some doubts about the future of the series though. I don't dislike the changes, and I like the criticals but :2::3::6:x2 makes me to put my distrust face, I just hope they don't go even further in future titles and transform this into SF.

But the actual game looks good.

BUT this gave me a really bad impression about the SC team. In SCIV i had the impression they were being kind of lazy. Now that impression is even harder. Not sure if is for lazyness, for market strategy or what, but it really annoys me how they ignore obvious fan claims and how they don't show the slightest creativity, they talk about making a game that feels "new" but then they go half assed keeping the half of the cast intact and the other half only with some changes.

If you are gonna revolution, then DO IT, dont give a new hat to the old classic Malibu Stacy and say that it's new. Give me a fucking lisa lionheart.

2.Expend hundreds of hour creating CAS

Soul Calibur V is the definite SC game of the series. The shortcomings of Soul Calibur IV are nicely addressed in this sequel, which I am very pleased. Its almost like a complete overhaul, a clean start.

Learning the new in-game mechanics, playing around with the characters, like my main Mitsurugi, making CAS, and enjoying Story Mode, plus any bonus modes if applicable.

This looks like a hell of a game. I'm planning on developing a small scene in my school, and go for the real thing with the two or three good players that result from that experiment. But I myself am the first that has to improve; I didn't want to go too deep into SCIV so late, so I just learned the basics. Getting good will be hard, but I bet it'll be lots of fun too.

New players:

Returning players:

No intermediate or casual categories?

As a returning new player (I guess?) I hope to see better online matches than IV could ever hope for. It was exceptionally rare to find matches that were challenging without people resorting to Cervantes BBB (this is boring) or relying on some cheap high/low (ie: Lizardman) that, for whatever odd @#$(! infuriating reason, were unstoppable online.

Online comes with a lot of jaded baggage including training against tactics no one uses offline, building bad habits, etc, etc. But it's extremely convenient to at least be able to go practice online in the middle of the night before you have to work the next day.... I'm sure at least 50% of those online matches will teach you more than arcade mode.

After all of that, if everything seems OK, I'll find some local tournaments to head to. :)
Otherwise, it's off to Skullgirls with SCV being my casual title. :(

really? Cerv's BBB is easy to deflect and the only cheap low I can recall is Amy's or Mitsu's

Exactly - easy to deflect. A whole match of Cerv's BBB is boring. Not boring because I'm losing - boring because it's friggin' boring to step, punish, step, punish, step, punish, step, punish, Zzzzzzzzzz.

There are a ton of lag tactical shennanigans. Mitsu's 2KB is a simple one - on a 4~5 bar link or local you'll be fine. Anything less and it's a coin toss.

Lizardman had that silly low slash -> headbutt (low -> smid) that was a coin toss online. Not to mention the random times when lows go right through people's legs. :\

Exactly - easy to deflect. A whole match of Cerv's BBB is boring. Not boring because I'm losing - boring because it's friggin' boring to step, punish, step, punish, step, punish, step, punish, Zzzzzzzzzz.

There are a ton of lag tactical shennanigans. Mitsu's 2KB is a simple one - on a 4~5 bar link or local you'll be fine. Anything less and it's a coin toss.

Lizardman had that silly low slash -> headbutt (low -> smid) that was a coin toss online. Not to mention the random times when lows go right through people's legs. :\

Yeah that's why I like playing against people who know what they are doing. And the unaffected lows happens here and there but not too often. You just gotta adapt to the situation, it sucks but eh.

Yeah that's why I like playing against people who know what they are doing. And the unaffected lows happens here and there but not too often. You just gotta adapt to the situation, it sucks but eh.

Just to make sure you're following, it isn't any sort of select that's throwing me off. It's the fact that offline I can easily 2G 5G Mitsu's *and* Lizardman's low/high and low/mid. As I'm sure you know, there are a literal ton of options to get around Mitsu from GI, aGI, step, tech step, etc, etc, etc. Online, however...... I guess 5G gets lost and you end up eating the mid/high. There is no adapting, there is only rage. :)

Try it sometime. Jump online with Lizardman while you torrent/Redtube/whatever and have a buddy try to block that silliness.

Quite a few characters have their 1A (or similar wide sweeps) clip right through players legs with no effects happening. Tira and Rock are two easy examples.

SCIV online sucked. :(

Back