A little 1A+B combo I found...

Hoboman42

[08] Mercenary
Hey everyone - I was messing around in practice with Xianghua for a bit today, and I found a combo or two which I thought might be worth looking into.

Here's what I've found so far that looked promising:

CH:1::A:+:B:, :3::B:, :1::(B):, SXS3 :B:, * FC:3::B:,:6::6::B:+:K:_:3::3::K:,:A: *On Block
CH:1::A:+:B:, :3::B:, :(A):+:(K):, SXS3 :B:, * FC:3::B:,:6::6::B:+:K:_:3::3::K:,:A:

CH:1::A:+:B:, :3::B:, :6::6::B:+:K:_:3::3::K:,:A:

Tried to get :4::4::A::A: to hit after the :3::B:, but no luck so far.
The way I figure it, since :1::A:+:B: tech crouches, it could be used at disadvantage or to continue a combo if you've got a frame trap going on, especially if you know your opponent regularly tries to punish with :A::A: or some other high attack.

Comments and improvements welcome.

EDIT: From what I can tell, since I'm too lazy to add the numbers, that big combo up there takes off just a bit below half health if all of it hits. Second combo does about 57 damage.

In some situations, it seems like the :1::(B): leaves the opponent out of range of the followup, so you can substitute an :(A):+:(K): in there too. There are numerous mixup possibilities here too, with WS :K: or WS :B: into a crouch throw. plus the SXS mixup, or even a :B:+:K: or :(B):+:(K): out of the :A:+:K:

Back