A question about stances

jsmith1

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys I have a little problem about Kilik's MO(:2::3::6:), BP(:2::1::4:), and Asura Dance (:B::+::K:,:6::B:,:4::1::2::3::6::B:)
For each stance/move, which types of attacks (high, mid, sp mid, low, sp low)/(vertical, horizontal) do they GI?

On a side note, which stance (Monument and Back Parry) do you use more often?

Thanks!

MO auto-gi all horizontal moves (high, mid, spemid, spelow, low)
BP auto-gi all vertical moves (except stab)
Asura auto-gi all mid moves (except non weapon move, Kick, Head etc)

MO is more powerfull, with more options. I use it more.
BP is still powerfull and applicable but Asura is often a better response to GI verticals which are ofen middle.

BP still can be used for some objectif :
- versus some move that you cannot auto-gi with Asura, like Astaroth 6K.
- to safely go into mixup if you fail the auto-gi, also backstep to evade a little

Also the option off MO is generally small range, or advancing move (besides MO B), so generally it is best to use when you are close and want to attack.

BP has better ranger, and if you use it at mid range, you can also profit the backstep evasion and the BP A/B pressure, also the BP K auto-gi confirmation. So it's good to use BP at mid range, in defensive situation.

Asura is more for close situation, when you are forced to defend a mixup, or you want to negate a frame trap. Mixing MO and Asura is very goof for it at close figting.

Well sorry for my bad english, i hope there is still some information that can be understood.

Wow Hayate, this is so much information! Thanks a lot!
I generally agree with the usage of the stances, but I personally prefer using BP, precisely because of its range, and the 3kB after BP B.

Is MO A more useful than MO B?

BP mixup A/B can be Gied on reaction. So versus a good character, unless you are delaying your BP A or trying a BP K (unsafe) you will fail versus an experimented player, especially a blocked BP B will not arrive a lot. I know that BP B then 3kB is great, i use it a lot, but versus experimented player here, this will not arrive much, i will hit or i will be gied.

MO A is a lot's better than any other move of MO. It's safe, it let Kilik at -5 disavantage on block, perfect to setuping Asura/Mo mixup, if it hit it gives free combo, and if you master the delayed version of FOTD you can force them to duck and get hit by MO A or force them to stand still and get throw by FOTD. Also MO A is an advancing move that is exellent to cover range and attacking safely. The only problem is to have enough advantage and make fear the opponnent to firstly go to MO safely. To do this you use MO K (+0 on block!!) and MO B (retreat evasion).

BTw to respond to your question, BP and MO have to be used at different situation, BP is more for far/mid range defensive action, MO is for close mind game option.

Awesome tips again, Hayate! +rep!!!!!
The only thing is that I can never pull of FotD. It's just too hard for me. I can't even complete Asura Dance consistently XD

Then what are you doing here?? Lol learning asura is a must for kilik, GTFO.. hit up training until its perfect.. GO GO GO GO

like Diiminished said, just hit up practice mode till you can do fairly well. When I first started, I couldn't do Asura very often, but once u get the hang of it you will wonder why you could never do it in the first place, same for FOTD, i could NEVER get this move, till i spent a few days in training in my spare time, now I got it down fairly well, and I wonder why I couldn't do it in the first place lol. Now only move left for me to master is ASURA (JF version) only done it twice... that move is H A R D lol.

Just pass the need time to master your input.

- Asura is basics
- Fotd is basics

You have to these quite easly, training unless you manage too. Search several timings and binding/tips.

- Delayed Fotd is advanced, but still is important.
- JF Asura is for expert, and depend on your controller precision.

Just pass the need time to master your input.

- Asura is basics
- Fotd is basics

You have to these quite easly, training unless you manage too. Search several timings and binding/tips.

- Delayed Fotd is advanced, but still is important.
- JF Asura is for expert, and depend on your controller precision.

still need some tips for the delayed FotD
any hints?
asura GB is easy for me

The only tip that i have is :

236 (delay) [4A+G ~~ 6A+G] then 41236B

The part [] has to be donne very quickly.

I have still trouble with Asura JF, any tips ?

Lol, do the last part..... really, really, fast. I've got it to about 40%, after your B+K, 6B, I swing my analog up to 98741236B and it comes out like a charm.

BP :A: has a secret little ringout property that you can use.

Once you have the opponent back to the edge, and if they are blocking high (B/c they are afraid of the ringout options you have), you go for the BP :A: and just flip them out of the ring.

I cannot take credit for coming-up with this. Learned it the hard way playing a very clever Kilik.

Cheers,

StarberryBSD [PSN]

Yes, MO is espcially good versus 3K user who will try to negate Asura/1B mixup.
And BP is good versus Asta 4B / 6K who will try to negate Asura/1B mixup too.

yeah BP A can ring out.

Diiminished> yeah, i can do it but i have to do 6B~41236B all very fast, so i cannot hitconfirm the second part, can you do JF asura with waiting after 6B to hitconfirm ?

So they will catch kicks? That's pretty nifty, given that you can expect a fair bit of kicking to try and negate Ashura. Do you know how big the GI windows are?

Yes, MO is espcially good versus 3K user who will try to negate Asura/1B mixup.
And BP is good versus Asta 4B / 6K who will try to negate Asura/1B mixup too.

yeah BP A can ring out.

Diiminished> yeah, i can do it but i have to do 6B~41236B all very fast, so i cannot hitconfirm the second part, can you do JF asura with waiting after 6B to hitconfirm ?

Nah I can definitely not hit confirm it yet, thats another day haha, but I can just do it really fast and cross my fingers I see that flash lol.

thks man helps alot and works for me at least as long as the rod is glowing.
asura gb is doing the motion fast and precise. it is easier if u manage to do the hcf motion after the 2n 6B motion(2nd hit) complete and fast cause this will practice the process. otherwise you should know everything else about it...so yeah you have to practice and maybe kill a pad for it, i dont but its possible^^

good luck...is know saunic is also comfortable with this so u could ask him for some other hints

Back