A Question about the two SCIV Guidebooks.

CHIP_STAXMAN

[08] Mercenary
Before some of you jump in with some comment like "Why do you need a guide? That's for n00bs!" Let me explain that I want it for collector's purposes, not for gameplay tips. I have the SC2 and SC3 guides and apart from opening them up once to see what I'd bought, I've never opened them since.

Anyway, to my question. I've noticed that there are two guides. I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference was between them?

Soulcalibur IV Fighter's Guide (Signature Series Guide)
Amazon.co.uk: "Soulcalibur IV": Fighter's Guide (Signature Series Guide): Adam Deats, Joe Epstein: Books

Soulcalibur IV Fighter's Guide (Brady Games)
Amazon.co.uk: Soulcalibur IV Fighter's Guide (Brady Games): Adam Deats, Joe Epstein: Books

I can see from the Amazon images that they have different covers, and different prices. But are the insides different?

Honestly,they're both the same thing. Though the second one has a LITTLE bit of extra information. I don't remember but it's pretty much the same as the first one but it comes with additional accessories.
And in all honesty,I think learning stuff from the forums would be a lot better then buying the strategy guide. But that's just me.

On the forums there is a lot more to learn indeed. But I also bought the brady guide.
It is nice as a collectable, and there is some good basic stuff in there to get you started.
Most if not all the info can be found on this forum, but when i start to learn a new character I ussually use the guide first to get the basics of the character and some combo's not listed in the in-game movelist as a guide on your lap while playing is more acceable then a PC with 8wayrun open in your internet browser while switching from page to page to get the info you want.
For advanced character usage, the forum will be much more usefull, but before getting there, the guide will have proven its worth.

Thank you for the help guys.

I won't be using the guide for game info, just the pretty pictures! :) And not in that way.

On the forums there is a lot more to learn indeed. But I also bought the brady guide.
It is nice as a collectable, and there is some good basic stuff in there to get you started.
Most if not all the info can be found on this forum, but when i start to learn a new character I ussually use the guide first to get the basics of the character and some combo's not listed in the in-game movelist as a guide on your lap while playing is more acceable then a PC with 8wayrun open in your internet browser while switching from page to page to get the info you want.
For advanced character usage, the forum will be much more usefull, but before getting there, the guide will have proven its worth.

Lol I kinda think it's funny how your name is LordHerpes and that picture of Nightmare you have looks like the herpes monster.

If you're getting it for collecting purposes, you should definitely get the one with only Sieg on it.

I got that one and I'm very happy with it.

Save for how Best Buy wrapped it in plastic and bent the hard cover.

Plus, the one with Seig isn't really a hard cover, it's a portfolio, the actual book is awesome.

Back