A "secret" move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siegfries

[08] Mercenary
In SC4 after performing a 44K drop kick, it was possible to tap B+K just as his legs straightened out on the ground to make him instantly pop back up in backwards Chief Hold. I don't think the majority knew about this, I never bothered to make an account here before and enlighten people.

Anyways, the input is different now, but it's still possible to recover in backwards Chief Hold after a 44K or if you're laying face down, facing away. Also works if you're laying on your back with your head towards your opponent.

When you're in one of those two downed states, press A+B+K to stand up without facing your opponent. You remain backwards. So Pressing A+B+K then B+K allows you to get up and enter Chief Hold very quickly. Call it impractical or very situational but the GI property of the move can be useful sometimes.

I specialized in fighting backwards using his stances in SC4 lol. Wish he still had Right Side Stance A+B for that retreating low sweep. When backwards he'd be stepping towards the opponent. Forgive my complete lack of proper notation, please. x_x

PSN: Ysmir

Instead of A+B+K you could also K+G.

Or just mash B+K - it works for other characters to stand directly into a back turned move (ie Xiba's monkey tail).

I never use K+G, forgot about it. Don't have a button assigned for it or anything lol. Mashing BK doesn't get 100% consistent results with me. I'm sure a number of characters can benefit from it in SC5 but in SC4 it seemed to be exclusive to Siegfried, though I didn't ever try waking up with K+G back then. Makes me wonder now.

In SC4 you could wake-up back turned with either A+B+K or K+G, which was for anyone. It was not a bad strategy if you had a very quick back-turned attack, like say for example Zasalamel's BT B+K. The only problem was that you had you could only do it off of two specific knockdown states instead of all four, which made it a bit predictable and made actually getting up much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back