A taste of Hell: Restaurant Okizeme(Tech Traps moved here!)

Belial

King of Hundred Swords
---------------------------------------------
Mitsurugi Wake Up(aka Okizeme)
Moves that hit grounded:
1A : tracks both sides
2A+B : doesnt track
6B2 : doesnt track
1B : track right rolls
3B : track right rolls, good range for hitting backrollers too.
1K : track both
2K : track both
66_33_99B : hits left siderolls for full damage (66BB), hits otg at angles.
44B : doesnt track
66A+B : doesnt track
9A+B : doesnt track
MST A+B : doesnt track
MST K : track both
666K : track both
A+B : very seldom, only certain kd's, listed for completeness.

Moves, that allow free wakeup after hitting grounded:

After any of these hit grounded you can dash/run 3B/2KB and it wil CH otg atacks. Should opponent tech roll he is trapped in guessing game. (this include combos ending with such moves, like 66A+B,2A+B or 22B,6B2)
  • 2A+B : you have to run a bit after
  • 6B2 : you have to make a dash by single tapping 6
  • 66A+B you have to run a bit and use faster pokes like 1B (3B can be interrupted)
Eventually, opponent can chose not to tech, in which case you can:
  • 6B2 : hits all rolls, cant be interrupted, hit otg, reset, after one 6B2 hit grounded, 2nd 6B2 - will also track tech roll left&right)
  • 66A+B : hit back roll, otg, cannot be interrupted / hits left roll after 2A+B hits grounded too, good after combos such as BT B+K 6B2, which leave opponent too far.
Untechable knockdowns:

2K*:B :
  • 3B will hit rolls but not otg.
  • 2A+B, 6B2, 1B - must be blocked
CH 2KB : opponent can safely backroll.

4KB (both hits only):
  • 3B hit otg, right roll and backroll
  • 66BB hits left roll only
  • 6B2 hit backroll, otg
Left side throw:
  • 3B hit otg, back, right.
  • 6B2 hit left, back, otg.
Right side throw:
  • Dash 66B hit back, left.
  • 66A+B hit right, back, otg,
  • 1A is very interesting here, hits otg(can be blocked on reaction though) if opp roll left or right he cannot guard 1A, if he tries to block after rolling once it will launch as if in tech trap.
  • Once you force opp to get up - run up, mixup.
Back side throw
  • 3B all but right roll.
  • 6B2 all but left roll.
A+B:
  • 66B hit all
  • 6B2 hit all
CH bA :
  • 1A will hit siderolls.
  • 66A+B will hit backrolls.
  • Once you force opp to get up - run up, mixup.
FC 1B - free mixup,
  • 2A+B hit all
  • 3B hit all
  • 6B2 hit all
33_66_99BB - both hits close-mid range hit only!
  • 1A will hit all rolls,
  • 66A+B will hit backrolls
  • Sometime AC takes further than normally, seems random to me. then they can backroll 66A+B/1A), you can run up and wake up for free anyway.
33_66_99BB - second hit only!
  • 2A+B hit all
  • 6B2 hit all
  • 3B hit all
666K - combo with 6B2

MST B+K4 :
6B2 must be blocked
A+B hits all rolls
opponent in 2KB range

Tech Traps

236B*_236B hold
  • 66A+B: back, forward, otg
  • A+B: back, forward, otg
  • Dash, 2KB: forward, left, right (timing is somewhat difficult)
  • Dash 66B: left, back
  • 44A : right, back (character dependant)
1A
  • bA: right, back, forward
  • 66B: left, back, forward
2A+B otg hit (thx to Jaeger)
  • 236B: left
  • 1B: right
  • 2A: left, right
CH FC 1BB
  • FMD B (not really a trap, the KD cant be teched at all, but opp cannot get up and JG)
66_22_88A+B
  • A+B: left, back, forward, otg
  • 236 hold: left, back, forward
  • 11BA: right, back, forward
(4K) second hit only (props to lezane)
  • 1A: all, can be blocked
  • 66A+B: left, back, otg, cannot be blocked
  • 99BB: left, otg
BT B+K
dash CE (90+): left, right, otg

CH 44B
  • 6B:2 tech all
CH 22A
  • light dash 66B: left, back
11A
  • WS A: left, back
(c) Belial, 2012. This post is a product of intellectual property.
  • You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, distribute, lend, hire, sub-license, rent, perform, make a derivative work from, make available to the public, adapt, alter, edit, re-position, frame, rebrand, change or otherwise use in any way any of my posts and content in whole or in part on your product or service or elsewhere or permit or assist any third party to do the same except to the extent permitted at law

Can I have a Mist Sandwich to go with a taste of hell, please? Anyways, very informative. Mitsu OKI game is damn strong in this game!

Finally found a use for 6B:2 , damn this move is crap I always get this instead of normal 6b2!! it should be harder to do!

new combo
CH 44B 66BB (65)

new tech trap:
CH 44B 6B:2 tech all!

Thx Belial ! Good trap !

Also, after 2KCH, WSA tech right, WSB tech left. It's not very usefull but it works.

Finally found a use for 6B:2 , damn this move is crap I always get this instead of normal 6b2!! it should be harder to do!

I was suffering from that too, like 90% of the time at one point. 6b2 done too quickly or 'buffered,' results in a 6B:2 I found. The visual cue to avoid this is to wait for the character animation to have returned to neutral before performing 6b2.

I cant help you i give up on mitsu in sc5 . Hes too boring its like playing Amy. Anyway good job all.
I love your signature Belial. Do you know if this player is still playing? He wasnt bad.....

Following the wake up Zoidberg suggested in combos thread:
2KB*, 1A - it turned out very interesting
as you know 2KB* knockdown cannot be teched, but most of the time opponent choose to roll away from you instead of getting up in the face of another mix up. So 1A catches all normal rolls and if they try to roll to the side and get up it will hit them as though in tech trap.

I still prefer to go with the standart mix up options
once again I will explain how it works so you dont get confused

When you knock opp down with 2KB* you have to decide if you think they're going to roll , or get up.
Since they cannot escape some moves here at all, I think its best to use 2A+B most of the time to force them into blocking, once you've made sure they get up, you can use another 2KB* to reset the situation.
2A+B is -2 on guard +8 on hit and hits for 28 damage otg. So take some time to practice your hitdetect - it will pay off.
Small tip: if you use 2KB* right away after first 2KB* KD's they can block the last hit of it (! weird), so to make this a true mix up with 2A+B you just use a quick cancel of B(B~G) or another move.

But some people are just TOO subborn: they love to say otg all the time
If they do, spam some 6B2 its free and you can sneak 2 or 3 hits on ppl like this. its alot of damage (20 per hit) and against most characters its almost no risk.
Another tip: Also if your 2A+B hits otg you can use A+B here. its also force block, even if they tech. should the stay otg or roll again it hits, no AT though, but its the only way to stop all rolls after 2A+B hits otg since they're left too far away.

Dont stress yourself too much trying to find the best wake up, its always a guess but a very good one for you. Notice your opponent habbit and get a little more spam-happy with options they are weak to.

PS: I think I have a new B&B juggle, but I have to do all the tests etc, so will post later. stay tuned.

Thank you guys, this means a lot to me.
Im trying my best to make this SA prosper.

236B*
44A is tech trap at right. 66BB tech trap at left and foward or back. Can launch with a delay (difficult timing). 66A+B can't be blocked if the opponent doesn't tech.

66A+B
11BA is tech trap at right, back and forward.

11A
WS A is tech trap all side.

22A
bA or 1B tech trap a right
66B at back forward and left
66A+B can't be blocked if opponent stay on the ground

In the OP
1) 22_88B 236 delay B is VERY inconsistant and also hard to do.

236B*
44A is tech trap at right. 66BB tech trap at left and foward or back. Can launch with a delay (difficult timing). 66A+B can't be blocked if the opponent doesn't tech.

66A+B
11BA is tech trap at right, back and forward.

11A
WS A is tech trap all side.

236Bhold/236B* : 44A only tech catch backwards
66BB only hits left tech otg, if you dash slightly before 66B it will launch. The timing isnt difficult at all, though.
66A+B: tech catch back tech and hits otg.
Overall pretty useless aside from 66A+B which works only once (I've already listed a mixup with dash 2KB in OP)

66A+B
11BA can be sort of mixed up with 236B hold here.

11A , WS A doesnt hit left techroll

22A
bA or 1B tech trap a right
66B at back forward and left
66A+B can't be blocked if opponent stay on the ground
1) b:A doesnt catch anything
2) there is a range at which 1B is guaranteed, at other ranges it wiffs regardless of tech
3) you need a very small dash to make 66B launch here
4) 66A+B doesnt even hit otg here

Also if you dash to make 66B launch it wont hit otg

Tested Mitsu vs Mitsu.

It seem for some stuff, it's character specifics :/...

44A work only for 236B BE during a combo. 3B 236B BE 44A in tech trap at right work.

Sorry for mistake xD

Back