AA or 6B

Xhrono

[08] Mercenary
Okay, so I still play this game off and on and it's still fun for me. So I jump online as casual SCIV players do... and I notice something that I've never had before... AA may be fast but 6B is a mid and has a better chance of connecting only because AA is a high and I've whiffed half the time I've tried it. So... how did i find out? I've played a good Setsuka. She has that umbrella move that just goes under my AA and I'm just screwed. I'm not saying that 6B is the holy grail but according to the wiki, it's -5 on block and +5 on hit (pretty good IMO).

Question 1: best option out of 6B on hit and on block is...?

Question 2: best punisher for a blocked FCaB (I think that's the notation) Sesuka umbrella is...?

TIA

personally I don't use AA unless I'm fishing for counter hits.

I use AB cause it's a lot harder for them to go under the A and hit before the B.

6B is awesome, I've been saying that for a while.

AA should be a punish if used instead of a poke yo use to fish for hits. If you're gonna fish, use AB.... heck if you are going for free hits, still use AB. If going for CH, AB is actually still better because AB 4A+B~A is NCC and Neutral on hit instead of negative on hit like AAB. The one thing AA has going for it is that you can just mash it out when you aren't sure.

AA creates more space on hit and block.. i find it useful at times. both AB and 6B leave you fairly close.

umbrella is like -21 on block, so almost any ranged move will do. 66B:A is probably your best bet, but since this is online, you might only get 6B or 1BA provided you're close enough.

6B on block.. if they try anything slow-ish, you can interrupt with AB. otherwise against highs you can iWS K or maybe 2A. maybe even try 22_88A or 22_88K-- i like those moves at slight disadvantage. and if you're a master, you can always 2bA, which would trade with i13 moves.
if they like to 2A, you can always just block to regain the advantage, or you can 9B them which will also beat throw attempts.
barring all of this, my favourite option is to step to their weak side.

6B on hit.. you can pretty much do what you want. i2bA, A, B_1B, K, 3K are all uninterruptable. you're in range for a throw. you can do another 6B (can be stepped though) for CH or SG damage. 33A for anti-step or PO pressure. and you likely have time to reposition yourself if you are in a bad spot on the stage, using her leaps. if they freeze after being hit, sometimes i like to iWS A to continue the pressure as that move is even more safe on block.

After reading the above, AB sounds like it's more solid than AA. I've this really bad habit of hitting AA after every blocked move in hopes of getting some free damage. I'll have to work more into my game as I only use it to get in close. After that, I'm usually AB and AA (AA out of block and AB for neutral).

I didn't know that 33A catches steppers! That's something good to know!

Don't forget the A:6 just frame.
It's not very reliable(i practice it very much but only get it max 30% when i try)but when you do AB you can as well try A:6+B.
When you get it, it as fast and does more damage than AB and it hits mid at 15 frames like A6.
If not you still get AB.
Only drawback is that it is less safe than AB.
And remember not to do A:6 WR B all the time because it is very Techable.

Don't forget the A:6 just frame.
It's not very reliable(i practice it very much but only get it max 30% when i try)but when you do AB you can as well try A:6+B.

What's up everyone, just joined 8WR yesterday and loving it haha.

Anyways just a quick side note to help you out with Taki's A:6 just move that I've learned from trial and error and experience is that if you actually hit A46 in quick succesion the just hits with tremendous ease. The timing it takes to hit the 4 right after the A and before the 6 is pretty much perfect to complete the just.

Scratch my back I'll scratch yours haha.

What's up everyone, just joined 8WR yesterday and loving it haha.

Anyways just a quick side note to help you out with Taki's A:6 just move that I've learned from trial and error and experience is that if you actually hit A46 in quick succesion the just hits with tremendous ease. The timing it takes to hit the 4 right after the A and before the 6 is pretty much perfect to complete the just.

Scratch my back I'll scratch yours haha.

That little trick actually works quite well. I only tried it in practice so far, so I don't know if it's much harder during block/hit stun, but it's pretty easy from step. Either way, that's pretty cool. Thanks for the tip.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :)

I gotta try the A46, might work for me too. So far I just used A:6 but the just time isn't quite right. What is iWS?
I used 6B alot to prep me on chain attacks. It has a quite range also. But on experience opponent it won't work, because it's too slow and too easy to escape with side step. So AB is a safer counter. I use 1K a lot also for counter, then 44B to escape from counter short low sweep which good opponent usually does to counter low attack. This is also good for those who like to guard impact to rising attacks.

Back