Adoption!!!

Mavericks42O

[09] Warrior
As a kid growing up i always knew something was different between me and my brothers. When i became a teenager i was sat down and explained to that i was adopted when i was 3 years old. Apparently my real mother was 15 when she had me and wasnt up to taking care of me so she adopted me out. I was adopted into a loving and caring home. Raised with all the love and support one could ask for.

As an adult i have met my birth mother and can only say that thank god i was adopted out. I still talk to her occasionally here and there but not really a solid relationship. My birth father on the other hand i had never even seen a pic of him till just recently.

I was on Facebook the other day and got a messege from a lady whom i've never met nor seen before in my life. Apparently this lady was dating my birth father when i was born and remembered my name and found me on Facebook. She is still friends with him and his family. I was introduced on Facebook to my aunts on my birth fathers side and finally seen a pic of what he looks like. I've had some contact with my aunt but none from him yet. Aunt calls me the other day and says he really wants to contact me but is afraid that i might have contempt toward him for obvious reasons.

So now i'm not really sure what to do. Should i have contact with the guy that wasnt man enough to handle his responsibilties and threw me away? Should i just be the better man and give him a chance? A part of me really wants to meet him and see where i come from but its really hard cause of obvious reasons. Any suggestions?

I'm from a similar situation, my parents were divorced when I was 1 and I grew up never knowing my father. He moved to Washington (I lived in Florida) and we never heard from him again. It wasn't until I was about 24 that I decided to try and find him. Luckily my aunt was able to find him, her google-fu is enormous. So after talking to him on the phone a few times, I got tired of the conversations with him and just broke contact.

I'm not saying this is what you should do, but I was glad I was at least able to talk to him and know what he was like before I passed any judgement on him. So in my opinion, I'd say at least give him a chance to find out from his own mouth, why he did what he did. It may make things a lot easier in the long run on you.

Times change, people might change too. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

Give him a chance, and sit down with him.
Roll up a fat one, tell him he has to puff it... it'll help with the pain and the awkwardness.

good luck

Back