Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Haha this what I do to! For the 1B,BE I'll usually use 4B+K instead of the 44B,A,A if it's possible. So many options! Lol

The RO range on 1B BE -> 4B+K~G is sick! With careful stage-awareness you threaten a lot of space on any stage with an edge. You can RO from literally any spot on the upper floor of astaroths stage with this combo for example. You can RO from very unexpected spots in general on loads of levels.

The RO range on 1B BE -> 4B+K~G is sick! With careful stage-awareness you threaten a lot of space on any stage with an edge. You can RO from literally any spot on the upper floor of astaroths stage with this combo for example. You can RO from very unexpected spots in general on loads of levels.
Yeah I kinda stopped doing the 4B+Kg for RO because I misjudge the distance and rung myself out 1st too many times. What's funny is because it happened on the stage you pointed out the most.

1B, B~4B+K,G for a RO is very good. However, it comes with a heavy price if it's misjudged. It's very rare that you'll need to do it on the upper floors of Astartoh's stage. On the lower level of Astaroth's stage it's more suitable for that particular technique. It's better to pull this off towards the middle of stages such as Sieg/ZWEI/Viola/Raph/2nd part of Elysium/NM/etc. Most RO attempts started with 1B, BE usually call for 44B,A,A/4B+K/66K(from longest to shortest)
Yeah I kinda stopped doing the 4B+Kg for RO because I misjudge the distance and rung myself out 1st too many times.
Don't stop using the technique, just use it less often.

I am not sure if 3B is a legit option for JG since in many (most?) situations JG leaves opponent at -17, while 3B is i18.

It's legit. Moves that generally get a lot of blockstun/frame advantage get eaten alllive by JG 3B. I just won a tourney because I JG 3B'd Algol WS K[K] and I had never fought someone that used that move before so i had to figure out a JG punish on spot.

It can be stepped, but if he does WR KK you eat the second kick. Besides, Just Guard has dat swag factor going for it.

Yeah, I finally stopped being lazy and started practicing Just Guard. It didn't take me long to realize I was playing this game wrong the entire time XP

Any foot setups/frame traps for ch or BE 1B? I knot it TCs pretty well, any strings it ducks?
Umm I am not sure, but I think it TC Xiba's 2nd hit of AAK. I'm in the middle of doing an in-depth match-up study vs Xiba and I'll be sure to look out for that. I'm also not sure if Aeon has any frame traps? Idk though

so here's the exact data on 1b after some brief testing

1B TC's between frames 4 and 9.

1B TC's really early but loses it's frames long before the attack hits
earliest TC I can find is on frame 4
Aeon 1 v. Aeon 2
Aeon 1 does 1B (BS -9), Aeon 2 blocks
Aeon 2 does AA (i13 - 9 frames = 4 frame high)
Aeon 1 does 1B, ducks and CH's

Latest TC is 9 frames
Aeon 1 v. Aeon 2
Aeon 1 does 6A (BS -4)
Aeon 2 does AA (i13 - 4 frames = 9 frame high)
Aeon 1 does 1B, ducks and CH's

Aeon 1 v. Aeon 2
Aeon 2 does B+K (BS +3)
Aeon 2 does AA (i13 - 3 frames = 10 frame high)
Aeon 1 does 1B, but gets hit

Intrestingly, 1B BE DOES duck in the situation above, and ducks when B+K is replaced with 1B BE, so it ducks at least till frame 11. Did not test exactly when it stops ducking, too lazy.

For the record, 4B+K ducks later then 1B, but retains it's TC for a hella long time, TJ's later, and can also duck mids. It starts ducking at frame 9, if i remember correctly.

So, long story short, 1B is more suited as a anti-high panic button and 4b+k/1b be are pressure anti-high buttons. well, 4b+k is anti a lot of stuff.

Hmmm...I never tried 1B BE -> 4B+K~G...Then again, I rarely use 4B+K~G at all. Looks like I need to spend more time in the lab...

Agree, 4B+K makes Aeon so cute. I don't know how it go through somethings between the gap of high mid low.

crow_winters, do you have a PSN ID. We can play some games online.

Personally I like 4B+K~G. It's safer than it looks against some characters because he ends face down instead of standing. It's a decent move to punish backstep or moves that use pushback for safety. Plus it looks so herp derp

4B+K~G is really unsafe vs. everyone, not everyone has played against Aeon enough to know how to punish it well though, particularly since 4B+K is completely safe. 4B+K~G knocks down and has dat SC1 RO ability in combos and that's about it.

I can't, like, stop you from using it, lol. I just think it's too unnecessary a risk to just randomly throw it out vs. someone smart vs. a similar move with the same input but is 100% safe.

36 damage vs. 42 according to the guide. If you want to risk a potentially really horrible OTG hit + lost momentum for 6 damage and a KD you can't even pressure off of, by all means do it, I'd rather stay safe versus all except two characters (since we're splitting hairs, alpha can punish it too. actually, i wonder if he can punish 4b+k~g with CE? lol he may not be able too, it might like cause a screwed up air hit or just whiff alltogether) I perfer keeping them standing with my own frame advantage, particularly now that Aeon wants people standing anyways to work that 4B.

Not a super viable tactic but as a gimmick you can do 4B+K~G and wake up with WR K in the hope of scoring a counter hit if the opponent reacts late.

Back