Air GI, Big Damage

D.I.N.O

[11] Champion
So as everyone knows by now, if you GI a tech Jump Move, the opponent will get semi launched in the air, allowing you to followup for combos.

However

Flashback to SC4. If you parried (4G/1G) an opponents move, and they wall splat, depending on the move you just blocked, they can take HEAVY damage.

In SC5, I've noticed that you AIR GI someone, and you dont' follow up, they will take a little, to MASSIVE damage, depending on the move you just Air GI'd.

ie I just Air GI'd Taki WindRoll BBB (3rd hit), I whiffed my followup, but the damage they took when hitting the ground was equivalent to them getting hit by that WR BBB.

Discuss.

So they take the damage they would've done to you when they hit the ground? Also, I know it's most likely char. specific, but how have you followed up an air GI?

Yeah, I've seen this with accidental aGIs. Air GI and they get hit for a lot when they hit the ground.

It's so interesting. I love this game.

This is probably what I noticed with Nightmare's CE. I GI'd a Xiba 9B with it and there is no way it did less than 190 damage. My mind was blown.

Back