[Alberta, Canada] We exist!

Good idea. I'll add them soon.

----

Is anyone down for an "Alberta online session" this week?
Sort of a meet & greet of Alberta's community, lol. Get that salt shaking!

I'm down. Altaire V on 360. I'll probably be getting a PS3 sometime in November, so if I do, I'll start mingling with those of you on the PS3 side. How's saturday at 6 PM-ish sound to the 360 players? Just one suggestion for a possible meet time. I'm pretty flexible as long as it's in the evening on weekdays and afternoon or evening on weekends, so I'm good with whatever works for you guys.

GGs to Dan the Ezio guy yesterday.
Don't think he's on 8wr much but he should be! He needs to experience the extreme SPAM of the Alberta link!!

I am free to Ezio.

Also, sorry I didn't get the chance to play you yesterday, wings, my salt levels were extreme. (insert terrible chem joke here).

---

Aight peeps,
PSN gathering Sunday @ 7p.

Online IDs have been added to the first post.

I'm dissapointed to say that we may not actually be meeting tomorrow, because i may be the only one actually able to attend.

Aww, cheer up slayer. There's always next week. Here, have a hug! (>^.^)>
I'm sure next week will be better and in the meantime, you can just keep training your Siggy and look forward to the online thing on sunday at least. (Psst, bake cupcakes and promise them for the next meeting).
@Hussler-I like seriously have to bring cupcakes to our next meeting on Thursday now lol.

So there's a Sieg player on the 360 side? This should be interesting. I'll add him right away. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to play him sometime this weekend.

Anyone else want a crack at me? I have some odds and ends to take care of tomorrow morning and I'll be watching the MLG stream for MK9 and TTT2 the rest of the day, but I have no plans for sunday.

Created a new username cuz I "completely lost" my last one.

It is nice to meet everyone. My name is Daniel, I live in Calgary and I main Ezio. I sub Alpha Pat, but I don't play him much and do drop every JF anytime.

Alas, I do not play online any longer, no thanks to my crappy internet.

Holy shit, Dan the Ezio player is Street 11? I played this guy in tournament, back in April. I still, to this day, have no idea how I won. His Ezio is fucking ridiculous.

Good to see you're still playing, man. We definitely need to get some more games in whenever I'm in Calgary next.

lol, everyone seems to know him as Dan the Ezio. He should just change his username to DanTheEzio, lol. (Not funny).

Welcome Street11!!
Your Ezio is beast.

Well, I was introduced to the guy as Street11 when I showed up at the tournament, by a friend of mine. I played him in casuals for about an hour beforehand. I knew his name was Dan and obviously I knew he played Ezio, but somehow I didn't connect the dots when you said you played "Dan the Ezio guy", lol. I feel just the least bit retarded now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I'm also glad to see that you're still playing this game Altaire, seeing how your Nightmare was freakin goooood. As for me, I'll be playing this for a long time seeing how it is one of my 3 favourite FGs. I'm now better than before! But I'm sure all of us are :)

Thanks Hussler! Your Hilde is really sick too.

Yeah, I can only imagine. I remember talking to Shujinkydink about how your only real weakness was that you weren't familiar with the game when either of us played you, and how you'd probably be a fucking monster if you really put the time in. In fact, he was telling me that when he ran into you at casuals a couple weeks later, you tore him up.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes next time around. I've definitely gotten a LOT better myself. My issue up until around the beginning of June/end of May (right after I got back from Toryuken and actually started playing again) was that I was trying to play the game like it was SC4, where backstepping was generally a lot weaker. Nightmare, Siegfried and Cervantes didn't have any mobility via backstep, they would just back walk. I remember watching my April Duels footage and thinking "FFS WHY AM I NOT BACKSTEPPING AT ALL", and then it hit me that I wasn't even playing the game right. When I finally got that down, it made my life a lot easier. I really just had to stop and completely re-learn the game instead of expecting to coast by on what I knew from past games. It was kind of hard to admit to myself that I had no fucking clue what I was doing at the time, but it was worth it to finally muscle past that.

It's good to see some newly revealed blood after all our thread spamming...XD. Welcome to the site street11! I remember playing an Ezio at Zero Hour in Edmonton. There were only about 4 players there. Was that you by any chance? I believe he said he was from Calgary as well. If so, I was the Astaroth/NM player at the tourney.

Ahh yes, I do remember playing him in casuals after. tbh I was able to beat him there only cuz he was screwed up by 1A -> hnnngh -> RING OUT

I haven't really put a whole lot of time since there are so many FGs available to play, but I still practice from time to time. Since April Duels (or Zero Hour, rather), I learned the importance of backstep, A button, JG, and most importantly, match-up knowledge. My playstyle is not yet 100% complete, but I'm getting there.

How can I forget the NM/Asta player and the Sieg player in Edmonton (Jargen and Slayer iirc). I got wrecked that day and my only excuse available was "monitor was very laggy" ;) It is nice to be able to talk to you again.
I'm looking forward to play against everyone again when the time comes.

Back