[Alberta, Canada] We exist!

GET HYPE! ALBERTA SC EXISTS!

We'll host a tournament in Jan. if you guys are down to come.

So, no one is getting online? Come on people, who DOESN'T look forward to the prospect of getting blown up by some asshole on the internet?

So there's a Sieg player on the 360 side? This should be interesting. I'll add him right away. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to play him sometime this weekend.

Anyone else want a crack at me? I have some odds and ends to take care of tomorrow morning and I'll be watching the MLG stream for MK9 and TTT2 the rest of the day, but I have no plans for sunday.
wow i totally didnt check this thread till now...so this is how you found out about me! =P im gonna see if i can join you and get some quick games in before bed.

Street and wings, I won't be at casuals this Thursday because I gotta study, but I'll leave my system + SCV at the university so you can still play though.

@Wings - I'm gonna form a study group for chem 311 sometime over the long weekend or the day before the exam. Let me know if you are interested in joining.

PS: GGs to the PSN people yesterday night! xD

Yea, a study group for chem 311 would be great. When's the second midterm again? And oh the horrors, I hate step 6.
Step 6-Solve.
(In my head during the lecture) (>P_P) What in the world am I writing down?
Anyway, good luck with the studying. And ggs! xD

Good luck with the exam.

I won't be available next Thursday due to midterm so I guess I'll see you 2 weeks after.

I'll try to try out online again tomorrow in the evening.

PSN/XBL: street121

When's the second midterm again?
1 week from Thursday (Nov 15 IIRC)

Step 6-Solve.
I'm stuck at Step 0 - Go to Lecture. :p haha

Please PM me your number and availability for next Mon, Tue, and Wed and we can get something sorted out. I know 2-3 other ppl who are also interested in the group as well, so we should be prepared and covered this time around (unlike last month.. =S).

----

I won't be available next Thursday due to midterm so I guess I'll see you 2 weeks after.

Best of luck to you too! We'll see ya in the following weeks then. =D
I'll add you on PSN when I get the chance - I'm not online much, but we can try to schedule some games if you're down.

----

Tournament in Jan is currently in the planning process, but it should be confirmed within the next 2-3 weeks.
Whoo!

GGs Altaire!

Oh man, you weren't kidding when you said you got a LOT better. I got a lot of catching up to do here haha

I totally forgot about JG yet again after the 3rd match or so.

Dude, I legitimately started getting a headache from trying to keep up with you, lol. I was really impressed. I think matchup knowledge is the only thing you really need to work on in this game, because your fundamentals are incredible. Your spacing was seriously on point, and there were a couple of points where you were just completely in my head. When you JG'd Nightmare's 66A on reaction, in lag, I was fucking shocked.There's a couple of things you could probably add to Ezio, i.e. using more raw 66B (over 66B B) and more low crossbow to keep people from advancing, but all around, really solid play. With practice, you could easily be a top player in this game.

Your Alpha Pat was looking pretty good, too. You seem to get the idea of how to space with him properly, and most people don't. When I come to Calgary next, I'll see if I can show you what I do with him.

Thanks man, you were not the only one getting headches tho. Your backstep usage was incredible and made me whiff a lot from ranges where I thought it would connect as a maximum range. The MU I was the most comfortable with was VS Ivy (thought I got Nightmare down, but not enough)

I must say I was proud of that JG myself. I just have to do it 3 times as often from now on :)

Thank you for the pointers. Yeah, I seem to just do it with Ezio's 66BB, and I rly need to fix that since it can get stepped or JGed easily in offline matches. Gotta use more of that low crossbow too. I feel like I forget that move entirely. I also must say that I overestimated Ezio's 2A range. I thought it was longer :(

Meh, only things I know with aPat is 4K, 22AA, JFs which I drop a lot, wake-up CEs, and 2B+K. It would certainly be great if you could teach me next time you come to Calgary.

I must say, it worked quite well with minimal lag, even tho it got slow from time to time. I'm going to see if I can do online more.

I definitely like my lame, backstep-heavy characters. A big part of my game with Nightmare is just using the threat of backstep whiff setups to commit people to either block or back up, which effectively creates frame advantage. If they do commit to block, I can just grab, or go back into pressure. This is something Alpha Pat also does really, really well, and I don't see enough people taking advantage of it. He has a million and one ways to force a whiff, and if you commit to block, you have to guess on the B+K and 1A A A 50/50. I see it as playing an aggressive spacing game. You should play Slayer if you get the chance, though. I haven't fought very many players who have better spacing than I do, but he's definitely one of the few. Trying to play footsies with him was a fucking nightmare.

The fact that you use 4K with Alpha Pat at all is a start, lol. That's such an underrated move. I think his 4K, 22_88K, 3K and 6K are all really good for specific purposes, and no one is using any of them. 6K is great at interrupting pressure, as it's 15 frames and gives you a full combo on CH, though it's unsafe against some characters. 4K is really good at catching people coming in, and it creates enough pushback on block that you can use it for a backstep setup against some characters even if it's blocked. 22_88K is just good for its horizontal coverage and the fact that it's a knockdown on hit with good hit advantage, so you can get a knockdown and have enough time to reposition yourself, depending on what you're trying to do.

2B+K is really good for setting up a whiff punish, too. On block, it's -2 with considerable pushback and forces your opponent into crouch. It does pretty good GB damage and it hits grounded, so on a knockdown, you can throw this out to chip away at your opponent's guard gauge and still set up a whiff punish.

I think Alpha Pat has a lot of overlooked tools, honestly. Most people think that if they can throw out 33B and pull off his just frames consistently, they can play the character, but there's just so much to it than that. If I don't come down to Calgary before January for the tentative tournament, I'll still see you then, and I can help you work on the character. Even if the tournament doesn't happen, I'll still come down just to get some casuals in with everyone.

I'm really sorry for being unable to attend the meeting at such late notice. My carpool buddy left early and left me stranded (>Q_Q) and I have like 1.9999% experience with winter driving so I had to leave before it got darker.

Sorry everyone for not being very active. My friends have been on my ass about playing Halo 4 with them, and work has been keeping me a little busy among other things. I'll try to spend more time playing SCV with you guys. I still can't find my PS3 copy for whatever reason. :(

That's okay. The PS3 version of SC5 is less important.

...Because I'm not on it.

We should play on the 360 side sometime, though!

Back