Algol JG List

crow_winters

[11] Champion
I think it might be useful, particularly later in the games life, to have a comprehensive list of strings we can nullify with JG. A added bonus is that Algol, for those scared of JG, can actually do shoryu GI (623B) inbetween strings as well. I guess this can work as a general "how to punish strings" thread, but JG is so huge in this game thanks to the damage you get from it.

Just to get us started...

Pyrrha
66B BE - You can easily JG the second hit and punish with 4B. Shoryu also works.
236A BE - You can shoryu the second or third hit, you can JG the third hit and punish with 66B, and you can Jump B the second hit. Jump B and shoryu do the same damage and, it appears, meter build. For maximum meter build and swag, you can JG the second and third hits then punish with 66B. Just doing this with a 3B at the end builds almost enough for a BE from 0% meter.

Yoshimitsu
4KB - You can JG the second hit and land 4BA, or shoryu inbetween hits and elminate the delay mixup.
3AB BE- JG the third hit for 66B, or shoryu.

You should probably rename this to algol a-GI thread or 263B or something. You can just guard pretty much anything like BB and its not Algol specific, but you can only 263B a bunch of slower strings.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head that I've tried is algol's own 4AB, when the B is delayed. But delayed strings probably shouldn't be listed lol.

You can just guard anything but not everything is actually punishable if you JG it. Ultimately 623B is a easier alternative to JG with waaay less reward, and against some strings, more risk involved. That being said, they all kind of fall under the same umbrella. I was hesitant to make the thread but multiple character forums have been having trouble with things like Pyrrha 66B BE, so I thought, hell, let's document what our max damage punishes are for easy reference.

Just guard gives a 44B punish against Astaroth's following moves (that are practical to JG):
1AA
1BB
WR KA
A+B/8A+B
44[A]/44A
22B/22B BE
And all of his unblockable attacks.

Back