Announcement: Notation Change for Soul Charge to "NTC"

Tiamat

[11] Champion
Hello everyone I wanted to make an announcement. Mikosu has brought it to my attention that in BD namco calls nightmare's "soul charge" mode "terror charge". Until now we have used SC, which also means "soul crush" in SC4...and if we use TC for "terror charge" that may be confused with it's current use as notation for "tech crouch."

Taking the example of what Sieg players agreed upon in SC3 I have decided the best thing to do is call this NTC (Night Terror Charge). Let me know what you think. Personally I think this is an easy change to make and will avoid future confusion. I'll update my guide to reflect this notation change soon.

That seems good, I noticed on the NM wiki Mikosu used "terror charge," in the frame data thread.

If NTC isn't that popular we can just say "soul charge" and the meaning will be the same.

Ya, I think the new acronym will work. It is just another 3 letter acronym like NSS that also starts with Night. Plus sounds kinda cool since "Night Terror" was a boss in SC3. If enough people object to the change we'll scratch it, but otherwise this will be the new notation from now on.

"Night Terror Charge" makes me wish Nightmare had a in-game Night Terror transformation even more >_>

As long as you announced it, the notation changed should be fine to adjust to. It's not that I play competitively anymore, but I still check back here.

Well I don't play in tournaments anymore myself but we can still use it in the future regardless. I'll certainly be playing a lot whenever SC5 comes out haha.

I don't see where the confusion is.

No one has a reason to use the term "soul crush" in the NM forums. :/

Hah. Well it's mostly because now that we know namco's name for it (terror charge) we might as well use it from now on.

Glad to see that people like the change.

Back