Anti-Guard Impact Thread

Gods-Spartan

[09] Warrior
Yes...this is the anti guard impact thread NOT auto GI.

Seems to me that Asta has a lot of highs and mids and is slow enough to be GI the crap out of. This said...what are some strats to keep yourself out of this situation?

Hmmm....

Guard canceling, but the G cancel from standing A,B or K on this game happens in a way that your opponent won't really be fooled. The only move that comes to mind is 44 into G cancel.

3 and releasing it early or fully charge it to UB. Just watch against step. 4[A+B] the same way.

im assuming its up close and people are GIing the crap out of you because you are responding instantly when you have advantage. let them know its dangerous to guess wildly vs asta, use 66[k] and 4 and of course use JF command throws too.

look for patterns, a lot of people GI after certain moves and if you can spot it you can punish big.

if people are using auto GI's then its better to know what they actually GI... asta does have a lot of mids so your high options stuff like 6a, k, 6b+k, and also throws. you can also just 2k and back step/space or use a mixup after.

i tend to have a liking for PT against those who have shown a pattern for GI. its a lot of damage and it really teaches them to stop GI every fucking time they get a chance. Also tends to work well after an amy user gets her attacked block only to do that B+K parry, the parry happens, while you are in full swing of PT, sidestepping ( if you held 2 or 8 ) and hitting for great damage because it comes out slower than what they were expecting.

Now that ojeste has mentioned though, i will have to try some f the stuff he mentioned, since that would leave them a lot closer for wake games and other things.

Back