Anybody playing Ninja Gaiden 2 at all?

Oboro

Namunamunamuna...
I love that game. I just finished my second run though Master Ninja mode. This game is way harder than NG Black (due to cheap projectile spam) but it's got some bad ass weapons.

if its harder than black to hell with 2. I beat shinobi for the ps2 no problem, and the original ninja gaiden for xbox was too much for me....and i refuse to play it on easy

i'm playing it. though just casually though. running through acolyte to get a feel for the game.

right now, i'm stuck on Castle Crashers :D

How do you guys rate this game? I'm thinking about getting it.

How does it compare to Assassin's Creed? I hope its not as repetitive.

MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER than Assassin's Creed.

9/10. due to some freezing issues after the mission mode patch.

I would give it a 8 out of 10 just because of some issues/glitches they don’t bother me too much but they shouldn’t be there that being said I liked it better than the first all the new stuff they added is awesome.

I have to rate this game 2 ways. How much I love it and the technical aspects of it.

I'd give this game a 10 on sheer enjoyment. It's hilariously gory. The weapons are all cool to use and Ryu is a total badass. If you found the first too hard then Acolyte mode should be better for you.

Now this game clearly has Microsoft's (who published it) touch of get this out the door and making us money. There are some framerate problems (which were unheard of in the original), rare but present game breaking glitches in chapter 10 (keep multiple saves just in cause, though I never ran into it in any of my playthroughs) and a general feel in lesser polish than the first. The mission mode update, which you need to download to play the pay to play mission mode (booooo) will ruin the single player game causing it to freeze and be impossible to finish unless you clear your HD cache.

Also if you play on higher difficulties the game gets retarded. I could pound the xbox originals. I could play through on Master Ninja fairly easily and actually had the number 2 score on the PSN leaderboard for Sigma (I think I'm still number 9 over a year later!!) but this game is brutal. Relentless projectile attacks force you to learn to link Obliterations and Ultimates as much as possible for the invincibility frame needed to stay alive. The bosses are mega cheap for the most part. I beat Shinobi on PS2 on Super difficulty and I gotta say this is way harder (maybe not the last boss though he's was just dirty in Shinobi).

Anyway just don't expect the same play style as Ninja Gaiden 1 and you'll be happy with this game. It's more fast paced and frantic, less methodical.

This game is quite fun but its not as hard as people make it out to be. The problem I been noticing people have is that the game is a defensive game. Usually going on offence gets you raped. Mostly on harder game modes but generally you block and wait for a opening. You can't be a turtle about it, cuz as with a fighting game you WILL be thrown for it. After getting a general flow for how the game plays you'll only have problems with the bosses. Most of the games content can be blown threw by simply spamming a double sparrow dive attack. Its been weakened alot from the pass games but still saves my ass alot.

One thinsg for sure this game makes Devil May Cry 4 look like childs game.

I should really get around to beating it. I do hate a few things about it. How I'll be doing fine and the AI just decides to somehow grab me even though I'm nowhere near them. Or the camera angles fucking up my flow of combos and shit. >:U

[COLOR=\"DarkSlateBlue\"]This game is quite fun but its not as hard as people make it out to be. The problem I been noticing people have is that the game is a defensive game. Usually going on offence gets you raped. Mostly on harder game modes but generally you block and wait for a opening. You can't be a turtle about it, cuz as with a fighting game you WILL be thrown for it. After getting a general flow for how the game plays you'll only have problems with the bosses. Most of the games content can be blown threw by simply spamming a double sparrow dive attack. Its been weakened alot from the pass games but still saves my ass alot.

One thinsg for sure this game makes Devil May Cry 4 look like childs game.
[/COLOR]

Actually if you play on Mentor or Master it's very hard and most people can't understand if they've only been playing on Warrior or Acolyte. I've played through Master twice now and done everything. Fought every fight done every Test of Valor and got Master Ninja on all levels with a final score of 44.6 million (which if the level boards weren't broken would be near the 50s I believe, though one could easily get 60+ million without cheating if they wanted to milk it). It's a cheap kind of hard so you need serious patience.

I haven't gotten the urge as much to throw my time into it after I picked up SC4 :P I still haven't touched Mission Mode since, and never touched Mentor. I do think the projectile spam is pretty annoying, but overall the game just gives visceral fun :D I'm going for the weapon master achievements on my immediate todo though. What's everyone's go-to? Mine's the Lunar, purely for being able to Drop out of the air. THAT saved my butt a lot of the time.

The thing about Ninja Gaiden 2 is that most other action games feel weak next to it. Also iirc Master Ninja mode has a glitch which allows you to get millions of karma with barely any effort. Anyone get the DLC Mission Mode?

I don't have the time to play it anymore with the release of Disgaea 3, Tales Of Vasperia, Infinite Undiscovery. So yeah SC4 has been placed down for about 2 months, lol.

the game is a defensive game.

Usually going on offence gets you raped.

Mostly on harder game modes but generally you block and wait for a opening.

You can't be a turtle about it, cuz as with a fighting game you WILL be thrown for it.

This doesn't really make sense...

Anyway, I like NGII way better than 1 and played the shit out of both of them. I'd say this game is about 400% more offensive than 1 or Black. Whereas you could just stand around blocking in the original the pace is much faster here and you will get punished with projectiles/throws/rockets etc. if you don't keep up with the frantic pace. That said, it's much more visceral and fun than the original and as long as you keep moving, attacking, and timing your invincibility frames it's still a tad easier than the original. Additionally, Master Ninja is way more fun than Mentor in my opinion since many projectile and rocket spammers are replaced with white ninjas which are much more fun to fight. Every weapon in this iteration is a force unto itself and the weapon challenges are a testament to that. If you liked the first there's no reason you shouldn't like this one save for a few glitches and poorly placed load points/spawn oddities.

Plus, when you get into higher difficulties passing Tests of Valor basically requires you to sever limbs with surgical precision to incapacitate without killing to make things managable.
Also iirc Master Ninja mode has a glitch which allows you to get millions of karma with barely any effort.

They fixed this and IIRC only some of the top 1-8 people actually used the cheat to upset the leaderboard considerably.

The test of valor are mind numbing is some instances in path of the master mode. Number 9 takes forever. Did you finish them all too chainring??

I hate the stupid explosive archers on Master. Hands down the biggest pain in the ass the whole game.

Anyone else run into a strange epiphany that you just might have to be a ridiculous masochist to enjoy this game? I know I've thought it many times, at least in the jungle >_>

Back