Anyone know a good custom character formula page?

MrJazzbo

[08] Mercenary
I want to explore what Talim, Maxi, and Raphael are capable of in Special Versus and i'd like to find a page with some starting points in that regards. Anybody know of such a page?

Anyone know a good custom character formula pa

Even though nobody I know plays Special versus seriously, creating epic stat/skill builds for certain playstyles is a hobby of mine. I can come up with some builds and post them here, if you'd like me to. Or if you'd just like some general pointers like you said, here's a few tips.

If you're focusing on skill points, there are a few parts to pay attention to per gender. For Talim/female CaS, Cat Ears/Angel Wings/Kittymeow Set all give rediculous ability boosts. The Apron is also good for females (has 100 special) but it doesn't allow you to attach a Lower Body equipment. Males get good ability boosts from the Dark Knight's Cloak (50 Gauge), Santa's Coat (65 Gauge, if you have the DLC), and Horns of Calamity (only 20 Power, but a whopping +50 attack with -10 defense)...well, males don't have too many huge skill point items. Look around I guess.

If you're going for good stats - the Leviathan set (males) and Voodoo set (females) are the most expensive parts per gender, and are above average in both stats and skill points, for the most part. For males, Nightmare's/Astaroth's parts will give large amounts of attack/power, in exchange for low health. On the other side, the Warthog set (male) and Gorgon set (female) give large amounts of defense and HP, in exchange for less skill points.

Character specific advice:

I don't know much about Talim to be honest, but from what I've seen she's a very 'bob and weave'/mindgames character. Her "Soul Edge & Soul Calibur" weapon has a build in HP Burst though, which is great. If you game her a good Defense/HP build with HP Recovery or HP Drain, you could find plenty of opportunities to use it. Throw in a high level Soul Gauge Recovery/Boost, and you've got yourself a hard to kill character.

There's a killer Maxi player back at college, and playing him has made me realize that you end up blocking against him ALOT. Shave Damage would really help whittle down the opponent's HP, and scare them into attacking more often, netting Maxi more counter hits. In case they do manage to interrupt you alot, Nullify Counter can help you not get combo'd too heavily (most people look at Nullify Counter as one of the most useless abilities, but meh). If you're good at using his auto-GI stance, you could think about using Impact Edge or Inpact Heal instead of Nullify Counter, which would really put your opponent on edge. His Soul Edge has Strong Impact as well, making his auto-GI even more useful.

Raph can also overwhelm people sometimes, from what I've seen. His 'best' weapon, Amy, has Charge Cancel built in; could be deadly in the right hands. Counter hits are very important to Raph (I assume, don't know him too well), so I'd suggest using Auto Counter to get in some good damage. I could see Start Dash being thrown into this for an excellent start-of-the-round advantage, too.

Hope this helps.

Back