[Apr 4, 2014] Texas Showdown (Houston, TX)

evilbuho

[08] Mercenary
Texas Showdown 2014
Friday, April 4 - Sunday, April 06, 2014
Directions: 7611 Katy Freeway Houston, TX 77024

Registration fee is $30. Tournament fee is $15 for Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom. Every other game is $10 per game. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THIS EVENT.

The main games will be:
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012(360)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2(PS3)
Injustice Gods Among Us(PS3)
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma(PS3)
Killer Instinct(XONE)

On top of the main games there will be several side tournaments.

Houston has strong Soul Calibur players and because of this Soul Calibur V is going to be one of the side tournaments. If enough interest is shown by the community we might also run a SC2 side tournament. Last year I personally added from my own pocket to the pot bonus and might do so again given how many people are interested.

Here is the link for the pre-reg

http://txshowdown.com/default.aspx?MenuItemID=195&MenuGroup=

The link does not have Soul Calibur V on the pre-reg list but since it is a side tournament you would pay for it at the door.

If you need any additional details, feel free to ask I will be checking the thread as often as I can.

Last edited:
Some additional details:

For the hotel rooms, if you call the hotel at 1-877-227-6963 and mention "TEX" you can get the rooms for a rate at $99/night

As Evil Buho has said, Soul Calibur 5 has been added to the lineup.
Also added are King of Fighters 13, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Project M

As of now, side games can only be registered at the door, but you can purchase your venue badge now until Feb 14th at our early bird rate of $30. After that, the price goes up to $40 until we stop taking registration on our website. At the door, venue badges are $50. We also have spectator passes for $15. Spectators will be allowed to play in the BYOC area and casuals, but not allowed to enter any tournaments.

We have added MvC2, CvS2, 3rd Strike, ST and Alpha 3 in an event we call, the Stargate Classic Pentathlon

Much like the actual pentathlon, this contest will feature five events. For this we are hosting tournaments for five of the classic fighting games of last generation, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

The Pentathlon will be a contest to see who is the best in all the games. Entry fee for each individual tournament is $10. Players can decide whether or not to enter each tournament. The $10 tournament fee will be split up between $5 for the individual tournament prize pot, and $5 for the total pentathlon prize pot. Tournaments will be best 2/3, double elimination, 3/5 grand finals. Points will be given to all players towards the final ranking.

MvC2, CvS2, and 3S will be played on the PS3 digital download versions. ST and A3 will be played on CPS2 systems, boards supplied by Stargate Arcade owner Chris "Cmutt" Wong. Additional prizes for the pentathlon winners will be given by fashion blog http://www.wewearthings.com/ and others. MvC2, CvS2, and 3rd Strike will take place Friday night, while ST and A3 will be on Saturday.

Who's making out to this? I was humbled at Final round only making 16th place so I am eager and motivated to defend the title >:)

Back