Arcade hard AI

Karnot

[08] Mercenary
I'm no pro at SCV, And I mostly play with nightmare ( the style fits the most for my custom character) But the AI tends to piss me of in hard arcade mode and also it confuses me as well. Normaly the troubles start in hard arcade at stage 4-5 .

But sometimes even at stage 3 when I beat the living crap out the AI, it seems like the AI is saying : "hey look at that you are almost winning, well guess what? wrong!". And then it just unleashes a massive barrage combos timed by the millisecond. I mean it just feels like the AI reads your inputs.

Or when I blaze trough the first 3-4 stages in a few minutes the the next because just totaly retarded the AI block everything perfectly and always counters your combos.

So has anyone else experienced this as well? Or do I just need to practice more?

I've had experience with the Sieg at the end of the Ranking route, which is locked to Normal, and multiple times have I had matches were both of us stand there, doing nothing, until literally ten seconds away from a time over, where he runs up and slaps my shit six ways to sunday before time can run out.
Your problem though, I experience a lot on the Extra arcade route [its my favourite so I play it to grind for equipment], which is compounded by stages 4 and 5 being the LS characters [Nightmare, Kilik, EM, aPat, Oprah, Elysium, Cervy, Algol]. It really depends though, some days everything is a cakewalka nd other days stage 3 Astaroths are just like nope, cut that out, get outta here

TL;DR Always strive to improve, but the AI can and WILL be assholes sometimes

hmmm I see, thanks for the advice. I just started getting chain combos a bit more. I have owned SCV quite a while now. but most of the time me and my friends where way to busy creating custom characters right now I have over 30 customs every fighting style has been used. So I havent really mastered anything yet XD. But I do get annoyed when my character just refuses to do his critical edge, But I geuss that is on my end when I am in he heat of the battle.

It's just something that comes with practice. Hard bots are honestly very predictable once you play them a bit, they will always use the same combos or followups. While they are very fast and can be a pain, they are still just bots that will keep doing the normal bot stuff.
Legendary Souls though, fuck that shit. They totally read inputs there. :p

It's just something that comes with practice. Hard bots are honestly very predictable once you play them a bit, they will always use the same combos or followups. While they are very fast and can be a pain, they are still just bots that will keep doing the normal bot stuff.
Legendary Souls though, fuck that shit. They totally read inputs there. :p

ELYSIUM IS HELL INCARNATE :'(

Remember playing LS and just spamming Pyrrha Os 4B, 2A. The enemy Kilik will find a unique way to get out of it every time.

Pick Asta

6B. If CH, do combo for 1 billion damage.
If they block, stand and block for a second.

Repeat.

That's about how good the AI is in this game. Legendary Souls included, lol.

Big image, but this is what I was looking to post earlier, lol
q9euQuP.png

Are there any other AI cheesing moves like that and Viola's neutral BBB?

I dont get myself, after some practicing combos in training mod I tried hard mode I tried hard arcade again (standard route) beat the living crap out of everyone until I got up to nightmare and I just got stuck. So I tried a different route (europe) and again beat the living crap out everyone, final stage was vs cervantes I lost a couple of times but I beat him.

But during those couple of fights I noticed something. When I beated Cervantes his ugly pirate booty 2 times in a row and victory was almost assured at that time, It seem like the AI said ahhh helll no! You are not going to win this fast! And then he just blocked or dodged everything I threw at him and dished out a crazy chain combo that literaly gave me no chance to do anything. But anyway it kind of puzzles me that I beat stage cervantes but I cannot beat stage 6 hard nightmare. Well maybe I am just really bad at mirror matches.

Big image, but this is what I was looking to post earlier, lol
q9euQuP.png

Are there any other AI cheesing moves like that and Viola's neutral BBB?
I swear, the AI does not know what to do against Pat's 9 B+K(reg). I literally spammed this shit through arcade and either crushed guard or hit them.

Pssh, puh-leese, Edge master was a fucking nightmare.
I spent over an hour on him, LITERALLY. I have not touched LE souls since. I'm happy with my 90+ minute time thank you very much!
What I do to beat him quickly is wait for him to throw unsafe moves. I always beat him under a a minute n 30 sec that way~

You can't forget in story mode you're having fun, the difficulty is rising somewhat then BAM

Zwei V Nightmare

You can't forget in story mode you're having fun, the difficulty is rising somewhat then BAM

Zwei V Nightmare
The "fun" is debatable but that fight is probably the most unnecessary thing ever.
I recall getting so frustrated with it that I just cheesed grabs. WITH ZWEI, who has like NEGATIVE RANGE on his grabs!

The "fun" is debatable but that fight is probably the most unnecessary thing ever.
I recall getting so frustrated with it that I just cheesed grabs. WITH ZWEI, who has like NEGATIVE RANGE on his grabs!

I initially thought you had to finish story mode before you could access all characters (I just wanted APat) and it was just frustrating. After giving up I found him in the character select screen. :/

I initially thought you had to finish story mode before you could access all characters (I just wanted APat) and it was just frustrating. After giving up I found him in the character select screen. :/
Nope, you can get them just by grinding character levels. I don't know which exactly though. Kilik can also be unlocked right off the bat by clearing Asia arcade route.

Nope, you can get them just by grinding character levels. I don't know which exactly though. Kilik can also be unlocked right off the bat by clearing Asia arcade route.
"Wow, awesome! I can play as all the male styles I already have,"
(I understand some people are crazy and like his character.)

What I do to beat him quickly is wait for him to throw unsafe moves. I always beat him under a a minute n 30 sec that way~

I need to be patient then, I'm trying for the fastest time and it screws me over. I actually tried it again the other day and did great. I got to Edge Master in 9 minutes, spent 5+ on him and gave up.
In hindsight, a 20-ish minute time would be better than a 90+ one.
Just a little better.

Back