arcade stick, to repair or replace?

MuffinMan123

[10] Knight
currently using a ps3 hori fight stick v3, my problem right now is that starting this month, I found out that my arcade stick is having trouble registering pressing 2 buttons at the same time and is always doing (A then A+B) instead of (A+B) right away. the buttons do feel harder to press than before, and I am wondering if I should open it up to clean it or just buy new buttons from ebay.

also thinking about whether I should mod this stick or buy a hori/madcatz stick that uses real sanwa parts (usually around 150 now). now that ps4 coming out I have less and less motivation to buy a brand new fight stick and isntead just want to mod it, but hori has plastic shell so the threading for the screws will loosen if I try modding it too many times. not to mention buying the parts separately will eventually stack up the cost quite a bit. considering the time spent I am wondering if buying a brand new stick will be the better choice.

If it's like the EX2 sticks, replacing the parts is not an easy task. (Parts are sealed off with no way to access them without sawing into plastic.)

Look at the Quanba/Eightarcs. Dual compatible can be a godsend at tournaments.

well, considering the new gen consoles don't really have fighting games and that the xbox360 and ps3 games will continue to be played. so you'd be better off getting a madcatz if you really want a new stick or troubleshoot solutions for your current stick.
Look at the Quanba/Eightarcs. Dual compatible can be a godsend at tournaments.
this. i want to get my Madcatz stick dual modded for this reason.

Back