Are Crouch Attacks Vulnerable to Throws?

Jay_Rupp

[03] Disciple
It seems like they are, but I don't know if that's because of the crouch attack itself or if it's because characters stand up a little right before performing one. Halp!

Last edited:
Most or all attacks with Tech Crouch are not crouched for their whole duration.
For example Taki 3B's TC frames are 6-13
It impacts with i16 so at the start, and 3 frames before impact, she can be hit with high attacks like throws.
TC frames vary for every move.
2As for example have worse TC than i would have thought.

Also, low grabs exist, which only work when you are crouched.

Most or all attacks with Tech Crouch are not crouched for their whole duration.
For example Taki 3B's TC frames are 6-13
It impacts with i16 so at the start, and 3 frames before impact, she can be hit with high attacks like throws.
TC frames vary for every move.
2As for example have worse TC than i would have thought.

Also, low grabs exist, which only work when you are crouched.
I just spent the last hour learning about TC and TJ properties in SC. From what I understand it pretty much works the same way in Tekken (Tekken's crush system excluded).

TC moves make highs and (standard) throws whiff
TJ moves make lows and (standard) throws whiff

Is that correct? Sorry about all the questions, mate. I hate Discord.

Last edited:
Yes that's correct, and yes i also miss the time everything SC was on here, now all info is scattered over all the different discords, a mess, really, sadly.

Yes that's correct, and yes i also miss the time everything SC was on here, now all info is scattered over all the different discords, a mess, really, sadly.
Yeah, definitely man. It sucks, but all fighting games are like this now. Even Tekken Zaibatsu, Test Your Might, and Shoryuken are dead. It really is sad. I just don't understand the logic behind using Discord and Reddit (for these purposes). They're terrible at storing/sharing information. The hidden room trend on Discord is stupid toxic too.

Last edited:
Back