[Arizona] AZ and friends!

I'm gonna see if any tucson peeps have an interest in making the trip down on saturday. If nothing else can someone record finals?

Good games to all at Dogg's house. I feel like I'm getting it finally!

Munchi, nice meeting you and your brother. The amount of twins in the AZ community is staggering x)

GGs to everyone that was at Dr.doggs place tonight. Learned some good tips. Hope to see u guys on saturday

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to make it out to sessions in Glendale easily during the week, given my work schedule. Come see me online, I guess. ;_; I will be at the UAT tournament, though.

Would anyone in the east valley be interested if I hosted a session? Sunday and Monday work best with my schedule, and I currently have the X360 version (although if someone brought a copy for the PS3 or another X360 copy, those could be put to use). Why not Saturday night? Well, I already have people dashing around with anime girls here then, and I don't have the space or the setups to accommodate both (and given how parochial fighting game communities tend to be, I doubt the two would mix very well...).

Good games to munchi, kyo, King Hippo, Morty, Sao and the two newcomers (sorry, forgot your names). Everyone has definitely improved from the last session.

Morty: I think you're almost there. You just need to work on stopping step, get some wall game going, and work on ring outs when the opponent is close to the edge.

Sao: Xiba doesn't have great punishment, but you can do more than what you're doing now. At the very least, when you punish with K, see how much frame advantage you have so you can go right into a setup. Also, Xiba's while rising punishment isn't too bad, so maybe look at ducking highs to punish?

Hippo: Pick a character... just one character. lol

Kyo: Mitsu is good for a starting character, but if you switch to Yoshi I think you'll fair better.

Munchi: Talk to Cory about Cervy on Saturday. I know he's pretty much maining him now.

I'm gonna see if any tucson peeps have an interest in making the trip down on saturday. If nothing else can someone record finals?

It's going to be streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/thedigitaldojo

I'll post up a correction if that's not the right link or if it won't be streamed, but that should be accurate.

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to make it out to sessions in Glendale easily during the week, given my work schedule.

Would anyone in the west valley be interested if I hosted a session? Sunday and Monday work best with my schedule...

What do you consider west side? Because I'm under the impression Glendale is west side.

Hey guys tomorrow, a stream called NeoMaxico is going to be on and it's gonna be showing some SC5. Please tune in and come out if you can.http://www.twitch.tv/neomaxico We will be holding a tourney on the stream. Hope to see you there!

Where is this taking place? I'm free tomorrow night... at the moment.

DrDogg, I may come to the UAT tourney on Saturday, I work that day though so if I can come I'll be late.

How late? I'll probably have to leave right when the tournament ends. I know a few others have plans that night as well.

I don't get off work until 5:30, so we're talking post-tourney casuals by the time I could show up.

I don't get off work until 5:30, so we're talking post-tourney casuals by the time I could show up.

Yeah, I definitely won't be there. But it seems there's a tournament tomorrow. Trying to get the details on it. I'll post up when I do. Looks like it's on the east side.

What do you consider west side? Because I'm under the impression Glendale is west side.
I wrote that post at 5 AM this morning; I really meant the east valley (Mesa, specifically).

Hey guys tomorrow, a stream called NeoMaxico is going to be on and it's gonna be showing some SC5. Please tune in and come out if you can.http://www.twitch.tv/neomaxico We will be holding a tourney on the stream. Hope to see you there!
Where is this taking place? I'm free tomorrow night... at the moment.
This; if this is taking place where I think it is, it's really close to where I live.

Sorry, I realized that I said this without giving an address

111 N. Gilbert Rd. Apt.2126 Bldg.19

It starts at 5 pm with KOF 13 and later (I'm thinking 9 or 10) we will play sc5.

It starts at 5 pm with KOF 13 and later (I'm thinking 9 or 10) we will play sc5.

Nice, so SCV tournament late Thursday night? I am definitely down for something like that, I get off work around eight.

Dude I lived like 7 min. from there and it is after work hr too (9pm right?) It is PS3? Fee?

Hey, guys. My name's Jenkem, and I'm just one of many behind NeoMaxico. Just dropping by to hopefully clear up some confusion.
First off, yes, we're gonna host a Soul Calibur 5 Tournament tonight at the NeoMaxico house. It's free (therefore, no payout; bragging rights only) and the entire thing will be streamed. Tournament starts at 10PM and will likely go on until about 12PM. It's gonna be played on PS3. BYOC if possible, although we usually have plenty of sticks. There will be casuals stations at the house, but those will most likely be devoted to AE and KOF XIII during the SC5 tourney. During KOF XIII, we'll see what we can do about getting an SC5 station setup.
In regards to commentary, anyone who wants to get on the mic for SC5 can; I'll let you guys use your best judgement in regards to who would best for the job. We usually put two guys on commentary and tend to follow the "straight-man and other-guy" formula.
I personally have no idea what the level of competition is going to be like; most of the people that currently go to NeoMaxico go for KOF XIII and only play SC5 casually. I can attest, however, that everyone that currently comes digs SC5 and is hella down with helping out the Soul Calibur scene.

Anyway, I'm just going to paste what I usually poast every week in the Facebook Group:
Code:
111 N. Gilbert Rd. Apt. 2126 Bldg. 19
Bring sticks, some cash for pizza if possible ($5-$10) and friends who are down with KOF. There will be casuals for KOF and other games, and the entire event will be streamed. Shit starts at about 5pm, goes on until late.
We do own a cat, so if you're allergic, be wary. Also, he's an inside cat, so keep the front door closed whenever possible.
As long as everyone respects the people, pets and property, everything's gonna be a-okay.

Greets to everyone in AZ's SC scene - NeoMaxico looks forward to hanging with you guys. Sorry if that was long-winded, hahaha.

Back