Art of Silence

Very very nice work. They all look fantastic but I have to say that IRM's sig was my favorite.
Good luck with learning photoshop. There's a lot of tools to use but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it even more (>^_^)

It's learning to paint with it like I do on canvas, and do graphics alike to pencils is what really thrills me. I need to know how to do those!
If you're still not comfortable with drawing it right from photoshop, you can always draw things on paper with pencil. Outline it with a thin permanent black marker. Afterwards, you just set the above layers to multiply and you'll still see your lines. Clipping mask is very useful for working on one part at a time.
Here's also something that may help you =)
It's not about sig but the tips in there will help and for the future when you want to color your artworks or something.
http://sanguisgelidus.deviantart.com/art/Digital-Painting-Tutorial-Spirited-Away-310665370

If you're still not comfortable with drawing it right from photoshop, you can always draw things on paper with pencil. Outline it with a thin permanent black marker. Afterwards, you just set the above layers to multiply and you'll still see your lines. Clipping mask is very useful for working on one part at a time.
Here's also something that may help you =)
It's not about sig but the tips in there will help and for the future when you want to color your artworks or something.
http://sanguisgelidus.deviantart.com/art/Digital-Painting-Tutorial-Spirited-Away-310665370
Thank you :)
Sigs are just a side project to brush up on my layer and blending knowledge for webworks. I'm actually a graphic artist, mostly working with pens and pencils, but also loving any other tool from cover paint to sculpting. I'm looking to be able to create fantasy, landscape, and even portraits via digital art, as well as to colour my own comics.

This is different kind of art, but people asked where the Song of Silence login name came from.
A "Song of Silence" is a metaphor. It refers to the fluency, rhythm, depth and purpose of a song which in itself can be a long discussion. Enough to know that songs were easy to learn before the written culture and thus they were the collective memory of people. As such, a thought, a purpose, a legend among other things - can all be considered a song as well as any single article that which was meant to live on through a methodical legacy.
A "Song of Silence" is, as such, a manner of communication beyond words, sounds, a flow of energy, of purpose and a legacy we all know when we sit next to somebody we are close with - and we do not need words to express anything, there is nothing needed to be said.

And here is the poem where I first used this metaphor:
I'm the flame, the midnight candle, lover - dusk to dawn
I am the shadowed graveyard, I'm the king, the pawn
Falling of the leaves on browning autumn's wind
I'm the blooming flower, the coming of the spring

I am the flowing river, springwater's gentle stream
I am the raging storm, a rumbling endless scream
I am the gentle dream, gift by grains of sand
You may seem to hold me but I'll flow through your hand

The one still rock to build on, endless mountainside
I do not collide and nor do I abide
I am but a pillar, or keeper of mind's groves
Maybe just a memory, a sigh of lost alcoves

I am but a sigh: wind rushing through the tears
I am but a whisper: an echo of my fears.
I'm a song of silence, and the silence of the song
Your vanity's enemy and the heart where you belong.

Back