Ashes sail the breeze - a theory on Fan Fiction

Dab_Of_Oppo

Gentlemen of the Road
“So you’re looking for it too?” Tira cackled, leaning against a tree, “Well I know who has it.”

“We all know who has Soul Edge, just tell me where he is," Talim pleaded with her. "I really don't want to hurt you." This girl, Tira, is damaged enough as it is, Talim thought.

"It's no use, you wind worshiping little idiot!" Cassandra yelled to her, then turned to Yun Seong, "So why did we send her to do the negotiating anyways?"

"Talim wanted to let this girl live, like she does everyone. I just don't see the point," he said.

"So what do you want with it then, wind-girl?" Tira mocked in a sing-song voice, "You gunna try to save your little friends then? Or maybe you just want them both for yourself? Wouldn't that be swell, you agree? As for where he is, ohh oh oh, I don't know. Probably hunting down and killing those who would challenge him." She glared knowingly at Talim.

Talim had no response for that, only clutching her weapons tighter.

"This is stupid, we don't have to deal with her," Cassandra said quietly, then looked to Yun for agreement. He only nodded.
Drawing her sword, she then walked past Talim and toward a laughing Tira. Talim froze in place, only just comprehending. The Greek was only three steps away by the time Tira realized what was going on and raised her ring blade in defense. It proved to be not enough, though. Cassandra thrust through the opening in the ring blade's center, plunging her sword through the deranged girl's neck and pinning her to the tree she leaned against.

"Hagguh," Tira tried to laugh, but all that came out was a gurgle. Her head lowered, smiling, as though admiring her own reflection in Cassandra's sword.

Tira coughed, spitting blood on the blade and Cassadra's arm.

Cassandra recoiled, pulling the blade from Tira's neck. "Oh god! This won't come out!" she shouted in a worried tone, brushing at her clothes.

"Why did you do that!?" Talim shouted, her voice cracked with the realization of what had just happened. "You didn't have to kill her?"

Tira slumped to the ground, and lay there twitching.

"Why do you want to save everyone then? She would have just as quickly seen us dead, and if we let her live, who's to say she doesn't then come after us?" Cassandra replied, still worrying over her clothes.

"She does have a point, Talim, and who knows whether that girl even knew anything about Soul Edge's wielder." Yun-Seong tried to sound as reasonable as possible, but Talim would have none of it. She just glared at him.

Cassandra walked back to where Yun was standing, "Lets go. We still can find my sister, I be she knows where the bastard is."

Talim shook herself, you killed her, she thought. You didn't have to kill her, but you did it anyway. She knew what she had to do now, and forced herself to walk up to Tira. The broken girl lay face-down in the grass, still involuntarily shaking. Talim kneeled down and placed her ear to Tira, who was trying to speak but the words were lost in blood.

"This was not fair for you, you broken thing. May the next life treat you better." Talim drove her blade through Tira's back, through her heart. A few moments passed, a tear graced Talim's cheek, and Tira stopped moving entirely.

Talim stood up, and turned to find Cassandra and Yun walking away already. There must be balance, and she intends to ruin it. Wind what would you have me do? I don't want to kill her, but this Cassandra needs to die...

"Well are you coming or not?" Yun called from up ahead. "Cassandra has a sister she'd like to talk to, and maybe she'll actually talk to her instead of killing her!" Cassandra punched his shoulder for the last remark.

Talim nodded, settled her thoughts, and rejoined them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is a no-edit work. I have not revised this at all since I originally wrote it.

I see the point now. Of Fan Fiction I mean. Yeah what I wrote is terrible, and needs a lot of work, and I probably take the story too seriously in terms of attempted realism (in the game swords, spears, and hammers only knock people out? Really?). But as Kirax pointed out to me, FanFiction is just a means for practice. Nothing more. Sure they're not your characters, but it's an excellent device to just write. For practice.

Trying out situations, seeing if you can actually write a sword fight (which needs a lot of work, and is something on one of my own projects I will have to learn how to do), ect. Yeah people will give you shit for screwing with their perceptions of certain characters, but FanFiction is a tool, a laugh. Writing this, it was fun. It's great to practice certain styles, try to write something you struggle with, or just want to gain experience in a certain area without getting bogged down trying to think up characters of your own. It's a quick, easy way of getting better at writing.

NOW I UNDERSTAND!

And can now go to sleep. Seriously, not 'getting' the concept of Fan Fiction has kept me up more than I should have been tonight, and yesterday.

PART 2- no edit

“Why are you doing this, Sophitia?” Cassandra pleaded with her sister.

“You will never understand.” She replied.

Cassandra and Sophita stood a short distance apart; both with weapons drawn. Talim was nervous, constantly imagining how this could turn ill. Yun-Seong had tried to comfort her, but made a complete hash of it.

“Never understand what? When was the last time you saw your children? How do you know he hasn’t killed them?” Cassandra taunted.

“It’s a mother thing I guess,” Sophita turned her eyes to the ground, “It’s been a long while, but they’re alive I know it. I’m so sorry Cass, but I cannot allow you to continue.”
“And I can not allow you to stop me. Hell, sis, how can you love someone you’ve never met? You children wouldn’t even recognize you now! I bet they’re dead and a part of Soul Edge already.”

Sophitia looked back at her sister, eyes glaring with rage and she raised her sword and began to sprint.

I really need to learn when to shut the fuck up… Cassandra thought, raising her own shield in defense.

The two met. Cassandra sidestepped right, turning to dodge Sophitia’s thrust. The blade of Sophitia slipped between Cassandra’s shield and body.

She missed! Cassandra relished the thought for a moment. When Sophitia pulled her sword back the edge of the blade caught Cassandra’s upper right arm, cutting deep. Cassandra’s arm retched and her hand released its grip on her sword.

“We need to stop this!” The desperation in Talim’s voice wasn’t even enough to move Yun, who only could watch.

Damnit. No time to find it again, I still have my shield though. Cassandra swung with her left had; the lip of the shield catching Sophitia in the head with a crash.

“Augh! Damn!” shouted Sopitia, tripping backwards. She dropped her sword and put her hands to her face, trying to stem the flow of blood that now covered her left eye.

Now is my chance! Cassandra thought, and she dropped to the grass. This arm is useless, she floundered around searching the grass for her weapon, I’m getting weak, and this needs to end quickly... Her blood-slick hand found the hilt, finally! She grabbed a good hold, and rose to meet her staggered sister. Ha! An opening!

Her sister still clutching her face, Cassandra drove the point of the blade into Sophitia’s stomach, just below her breastplate. She had forgotten who she was fighting; all that mattered now was to win, no matter the cost. In this blind fury she pushed the blade to the hilt through her sister.

Sophitia’s eyes widened, “Why, Cassandra…”

“Oh my god,” Cassandra stammered, she looked down to see the blood soaked sword she held pressed into her kin.

A tear formed and ran down Sophitia’s cheek, to fall and end its journey mixing with the blood in the grass. “Why did it come to this..?” Her voice was only a whisper now. Sophitia threw her arms around her sister, “One last embrace, for whatever family ties we had.” She closed her eyes and sunk her head to Cassandra’s shoulder, and drew her last breath.

Cassandra had no response, what have I done killing my own sister. She kneeled, laying her sister down in the grass, and drew her sisters sword from her body and placed it and the shield on Sophitia’s chest.

“Cassandra..? Are you,” Talim inquired, she had walked up to where Cassandra sat in the grass.

“Why…” Cassandra looked up at Talim, fighting the urge not to cry. She made a rough attempt to gather enough muster to speak, “Kill me. Please?”

^Not bad. But some part was ooc like when sophie sweared at cass. I think there should've been alittle more reluctance in the fight between the two sisters and cass should've tried to convince her sis to stop what she was doing because it was wrong and blah blah blah before they fought. But I like the last part where cass despaired over killing her sis since the emotion was clear and the imagery was very good.

^Not bad. But some part was ooc like when sophie sweared at cass. I think there should've been alittle more reluctance in the fight between the two sisters and cass should've tried to convince her sis to stop what she was doing because it was wrong and blah blah blah before they fought. But I like the last part where cass despaired over killing her sis since the emotion was clear and the imagery was very good.

ooc? I should go back and turn down the profanity too, as well as make them a bit more reluctant to fight. Or at least show that they were reluctant until the 'children' comment.

As for the last part, I'm Greek, and we love a good tragedy.

EDIT: Oh, 'Out of Character.'

Considering all I've gleaned for their characters was based off the snippets of dialogue in-game, may ask Talisman or Darkwings for better character descriptions.

EDIT 12/03/12:

This will not be continued. Unless you demand otherwise, but that is highly unlikely.

Back