Astaroth's missbehaving - online lag tactics

Maedhros

[12] Conqueror
I looked everywhere for this information, but couldn't find a single useful thing. So I ask you people. Which moves count as part of Asta's lag tactics?

Today I had a slight discomfort online when I ROed a player with Asta's 1a. It was a good player, but when that happened she absolutely flipped and cancelled her own session filled with players. 1 lost round! Anyway, I too don't want to annoy people that way, so please... Educate me. :)

I'll give you the list:

Grey Area (Could be beaten offline but may still work well):
1B
44B G gimmicks (I've been told by only a handful that these set ups are pretty boosted).

Bad (Don't use online ever):
1A
1[A] A_B (Fake mixup)
44A spam
Bearhug (4A+B) from neutral (meaning while you are staring each other down).

I'll give you the list:

1B
44B G gimmicks (I've been told by only a handful that these set ups are pretty boosted).

1A
1[A] A_B (Fake mixup)
44A spam

HMMMMM......had some asshole last night that did that quite a few times!!

HRD

HMMMMM......had some asshole last night that did that quite a few times!!

HRD

Every time I did it was for oki/major plus frames after NH B+K or 4(A) which works well offline as a mixup from throws. It also works well as a tech trap. It's not a lag tactic if used while the opponent is grounded. You just always tech into it without doing WR A or something. What I meant from neutral is that if we started the round and I just ran up and attempted bearhug. That would be lagging you to death. :p

Just don't tech so much vs Asta and you won't get bear hugged to death. XD

I'll give you the list:

1B

1A
1[A] A_B (Fake mixup)
44A spam
OMG... I spam 44A the entire time, and was so enticed by it's effectiveness... I had this feeling it would be equally successful offline as online. Unfortunately, I'm gonna play offline for the first time next week, so only then I'll be able to test it out offline on an experienced opponent.

Also, the bear hug... It's bad lag tactics because offline in neutral stance, you would have the chance to also hit Asta charging it, instead of just jumping to minimize the damage, is that it? And catching opponents rising from being grounded is ok, right? In that case, ok. *sigh of relief*

Every time I did it was for oki/major plus frames after NH B+K or 4(A) which works well offline as a mixup from throws. It also works well as a tech trap. It's not a lag tactic if used while the opponent is grounded. You just always tech into it without doing WR A or something. What I meant from neutral is that if we started the round and I just ran up and attempted bearhug. That would be lagging you to death. :p

Just don't tech so much vs Asta and you won't get bear hugged to death. XD

I cant help it. I see flames while laying on the ground and Im like....."OMG get the fuck up and and hit a mofo". It never works tho.

HRD

OMG... I spam 44A the entire time, and was so enticed by it's effectiveness... I had this feeling it would be equally successful offline as online. Unfortunately, I'm gonna play offline for the first time next week, so only then I'll be able to test it out offline on an experienced opponent.

Also, the bear hug... It's bad lag tactics because offline in neutral stance, you would have the chance to also hit Asta charging it, instead of just jumping to minimize the damage, is that it? And catching opponents rising from being grounded is ok, right? In that case, ok. *sigh of relief*

The only reason 44A is not grey area is because when it is spammed it is a wall of online rape. However, using 44A offline and online is still effective in moderation anyway. It kills step pretty well so don't just take the move out of your list. Yes if the opponent is grounded it's ok to start it up bear hug because it's impossible to step after wake up, and if you mix it up from time to time people will fall for it :p

I cant help it. I see flames while laying on the ground and Im like....."OMG get the fuck up and and hit a mofo". It never works tho.

HRD

That's why it is a pretty good mix up on oki. It requires me crossing my fingers though since it is easy to whiff if you don't tech and you can punish me. Also now that I think about it getting up and WR A is pretty risky considering I can cancel it to the normal bear hug stun. That's why I like Astaroth oki XD

If you ever want to play online Maedhros just add me and I could give you some Astaroth training if you would like. I'm probably one of the few active Asta players left running around. XD

I know 4{A+B} after CH 6K is a tech trap, it can also be applied after 4*1G on wakes...
Asta's 1{A}A and 1{A}B, aren't lag tactics, as Jargen pointed out its a fake mixup, however it can be dealt with even online...
44A spam is not lag tactics, its just a bad choice, but using 44A*44{A} effectively can benifit Asta's spacing game greatly, but in itself 44A is around -16 on Grd so its actually punishable...
In an offline setting, Asta's A+B/ 44{A}/ 22B/ 9B+K/ 4B+K/ 66{K} - Can all get GI'd (most of the time), especially if executed too slow in certain situations, these can be grey area as well but its never a good idea to remove them completely from your gameplay as most of these attacks are good spacing tools etc...

Back