Astaroth's Post GI Options

GEMINI_KNIGHT

[09] Warrior
POST GI OPTIONS

Options after Repel (6G_3G; green flash)
Note: THESE ARE THE ONLY OPTIONS THAT YOU HAVE AFTER A SUCCESSFUL REGULAR REPEL:

Command Throws (STRONGEST)
66B (STRONG AGAINST 3G)
66K (ONLY ATTACK THAT KNOCKS DOWN OTHER THAN THROWS)
6A
4A
3A
B
4B
K

If you anticipate your opponent to instantly Re-GI, then you can use the following for damage:

44[A]
66[K]
22_88B~4
PT

Options after Just Repel (6G_3G; JI, Red flash)
Note: ALL HITS WILL BE CH UNLESS OPPONENT RE-JI, SO I WILL POST THE 4 STRONGEST OPTIONS:

66AB
6B
Command Throws

OPTIONS AFTER PARRY (4G_1G)
NOTE: OPTIONS DEPEND ON WHETHER OPPONENT TECHS OR NOT AFTER BEING PARRIED, AND YOU MUST BE IN CLOSE RANGE FOR MANY OF THE OPTIONS. STILL NEEDS MORE TESTING, BUT FOR NOW:

2B+K, 2A+K, 1B, 4B, AND 2A if they don't tech after being parried
4B and crouch throws if they do tech after being parried

can you guys react fast enough and make the most out of just impacts and normal impacts?

i mostly use 66k, 63214b+G or low grabs for my post GI attacks though it feels wasted when i do 66k after a just impact. i find 66k to be most useful in general though to create space and especially near edges of the ring.

The thing that I like about using 66K as an option after post GI is that it is the only move other than throws that will knock the opponent down. After 66K lands, your opponent must tech and guard 22_88B. If they don't you get more damage on them, and if they do, then you made two successful strikes at their soul gauge.

I need to test this, but it has been said that command throws can be ducked under immediately after a GI, but not regular throws. If that is truely the case, then 66K and 66[K] will be more useful after GI.

As for a just impact, it's best to go for command throws for now, and practice confirming the JI and quickly inputting 66AB, or 6B. However, for 66AB, the 28B+G follow up sometimes miss because of distance issues; and as for 6B, the unbreakable stun won't always happen due to, once again, distance issues. 6K to 2A+K will always work.

The 22K stun is different, because from that stun you can use AB and the not only will AB count as a CH, but the second hit will stun them as well. This will only work after the 22[K] stun and the 44[A] stun as well.

The 22K stun is different, because from that stun you can use AB and the not only will AB count as a CH, but the second hit will stun them as well. This will only work after the 22[K] stun and the 44[A] stun as well.

Great, thanks. This will help me a lot.

Ok here goes my first post. Ive been practicing a lot with this game plus ive played loads of sc2 and sc3 and asta has always been my boy. i live in sweden so i maily play online and now im finally beginning to be able to pull off gi with a descent success rate (online). The thing is ppl just buttonmash and instantly get out of my hard earned throws. This makes me sad and i wonder is it even worth it?? I mean. the way i see it, being good at gi is skill and it seems to offer very little reward. If im doing something terribly wrong pls let me know. Sorry for being a whiner btw:)

I'm not sure if 44[A] hits post GI if they re-GI. I tested it roughly once and was able to block. I'll do more testing and get back to you guys.

Back