Attack Cancelling

LKV

[09] Warrior
so i'm wondering if you guys find attack cancelling useful at all. personally i think it's pretty nifty and here's why:

Taki is fast in particular and has some moves which allow you to keep attacking on hit or block.

Taki is quick enough for people to sometimes freeze after she blocks a safe attack.

Given these points, attack cancelling can cause your opponent to attack at times where they really shouldn't, and given Taki's speed, a reset of the situation can cause a lot of angst for the opponent.

Fun things about cancelling: K~G causes you to move backwards, which you might use to get out of certain ranges.

A~G advances slightly, can show a little bit of sword flash.

you can buffer stuff into it, like PO, which is the sexiest use of it IMO. A~G~214 for the sex.

eliminates predictability without really sacrificing advantage because of her speed.

thoughts?

My thoughts:

Actually i don't do it very often, when i do it, it's mostly accidental.

Anyway i think after an attack cancel, it could be useful to use moves with evasional properties, especially moves that tech crouch like 6A or 44B because they might want to attack as fast as possible with an A.

The same might apply for taunt and 41236B cancel.

ill spam it as a taunt sometimes when i use xianghua (a-g) cos it makes me laugh, spammin nightmares a-g is funny too.harhar =/

I use attack cancels allot and it causes the opponent to hesitate from time to time. I suggest unblockable cancels because that causes ALLOT of hesitation if you use it correctly

Back