[Aug 24, 2012] EBO (East Brandenburg Open) (Wriezen, Brandenburg)

Kalas

[13] Hero
Hey everyone!

The EBO will be back this year for SC5.

I give you some basic information for the moment.
Date: 24.08-26.08.12
Place: Wriezen (close to Berlin) as always
Conditions of participation: Click here
Rules: Click here
There will be a 3vs3 and a solo tournament. If we have enough players from each country, why not make a national tournament, too? Depends on your interest!
Note: Violas Back-Throw Infinite is banned.

Participants:

registered (52)

Everyone who has already payed.

Malek is set because he won the last EBO.
Sacharja is set because he pays for our website.

planeten-0294.gif

G.O.D. waffel...............(4 TVs, X-Box, Game, Converter)
G.O.D. Mistmöhre.......(4 TVs, X-Box, Game, Converter)
petite carotte.................(Converter)
Sacharja........................(PS3, Converter)
Marloss..........................(X-Box)
Tad_today
Ryuga............................(X-Box, Game)
Doctor Gore
Vigo
PB*Neo4Life
PB*Kappa
Antaiseito[NET]
Fleshmasher
Kalas
_Maxi_
LeLLe Fost
Soulassasin
Dark Slayer
PB*Lmtr
Dropical..............(2 nights payed)
Chazy..................(X-Box, Game)
Master Ari...........(2 nights payed)
Rome
Bryareos.............(2 nights payed)
PB*Chucky
PB*Adamas
ChaosK
Irate_Notebook
Kerrigan
daGOTTh
Jag the Gemini
LuCypha X
Falkenberg
2nd Face
Sunblade
Cloud
Darkshadow

flagge-0449.gif

Malek (3 nights payed)
dranakal
Sazayel (3 nights payed)
Pantocrator

flagge-0319.gif

Hyrul (3 nights payed)
Grunt Dude (2 nights payed)
Silent_Joel (2 nights payed)

flagge-0441.gif

Di
Matt-JF (3 nights payed)
Crescent_Moon
Ring
Heniek

Austria.gif

Dodo (1 night payed)

flagge-0832.gif

spyder

Reflex WhYYZ (3 nights payed)

pre-registered (27)

Everyone who told us his/her interest but hasn't payed yet.

Germany:
PB*JD
PB*Pazu'
PB*Kydavra
AkaBShadow
Mayala
Nu Maek

UK:
Synraii
Wil

France:
Eggmaster
COP DT7
raziel
Deus Kaliya
Hispike
KiraDems
Chiyo

Switzerland:
Furzy
Cliff

Poland:
Devil
Hiryu
Aragh
PePe
Bolgan
Mace
Oxva
Mecek

Austria:
XshadeX
Yamajara

Team list:

1. Trio Infernale (Kerrigan, daGOTTh, Jag the Gemini)

To cut long story short: It will be almost the same as last year.
Tell us if you wanna come and we will give you information for paying the entry fee. The entry fee will be 20,12€ this year for all three days (including food, participation and a place to sleep at the venue).
More information to come!
And we will probably have a stream, too.

Payment

Too late, ask the GODs personally.

Costs

EBO (participation and tournament included, warm lunch included, possibility to sleep at the venue included, German sausages and barbecue every evening included, all that for the whole 3 days) - 20,12€
1 night in the pension (breakfast not included) - 17,50€

For example:
EBO + 3 nights in the pension = 72,62€ p.p.

Timeline
  1. Start Friday 24.08. --> Arrival is possible from 8am onwards
  2. Friday 24.08. --> 3v3 team tournament starts roughly around 4-5pm (freeplay afterwards)
  3. Saturday 25.08. --> Start of the solo tournament (2pm at the latest)
  4. Sunday 26.08. --> Casuals, money matches, maybe table tennis, shit talk
  5. Monday 27.08. --> Everyone has to be out by 12pm
Exceptions for an earlier arrival (only concerns people that plan to spend the night in the hall) have to be agreed with us in advance.

Stay tuned, I hope you're hot for EBO this year!!!

Greets, Kalas

Dan - add me to the list, I'll pay you in person tomorrow.

Also, I think you, me and Ring should form a team.

I may be actually coming (rather for the event itself than the tournaments*). I think I will be able to confim this mid-July, everything depends on my work.

* - if I come I'll join Ring in the team tournament no matter what :P

I updated the first post: We already have 8 registered, and 29 pre-registered participants. :)

@ Synraii
Well, if Di plays with Ring in one team, we have to look for another one.

Well, the national team is pretty obvious but I actually prefer mixed teams, so in 3vs3 it comes down to who will pay me more =P iCS doesn't come for free you know!

Hope you will bring me enough cookies, Judas =P

Also, you can add me to the list of pre-registered people.

Still dont know my whereabouts at the end of August, so i need some days to think it through before I`ll decide.

I updated the first post: We already have 8 registered, and 29 pre-registered participants. :)
Can you please register these people from Poland? Thanks in advance.

- Bolgan
- PePe
- CheeseOfTheDay
- Mace
- Oxva
- Mecek

Where exactly can I register (pay) and when's the deadline?

Ring, stop bitching. You + me + another Polish player. I have some shameful photos of you so if you don't want them to be published online...

@Cresent_moon, Ring, Bolgan and the other polish players

I have your army pre registered ^^

actually:
  • registered --> 8
  • pre registered --> 44

deadline for pay is 2 weeks before tournament starts (currently a maximum of 50 participants!)

Update:

Pre-registered: 49

Edit: Sorry Hyrule! If you know about other players from the UK, let me know. Let's hope EBO and SVB aren't on the same weekend. =/

Two more updates:

1. Concerning the hotel:
The "Feldklause" is already fully booked which means we only have one pension left with rooms for 2 or 3 people for 15-20€ the night. It's a 15min walk away from the venue.
If you want to sleep in this pension, tell us asap, so that you can transfer the money to the GODs. Once they receive it, they'll book the room for you. Unlike last year, they won't book any rooms before they receive the money. The will offer you this "booking service" until the 14th of August (10 days before EBO), after that, it's up to you.
But of course you can still stay at the venue for free like the last years.
Taking into consideration that one pension is already fully booked, that Wriezen isn't really a metropole (not a lot of pensions/hotels) and that there might be tourists in August as well, the GODs suggest you to book your room (which means transfer the money for the room) asap once you know you will come and don't want to stay at the venue.

2. Namco:
For the first time, Namco Bandai Partners will be the official sponsor of this EBO!!!!!
That means we will have prices to win, technological support and can officially say that we are the "German SC5 Championship".
You can have a look at the prices here: http://www.ger-calibur.de/index.php?threads/namco-bandai-und-die-e-b-o-preise-preise-preise.1140/

Thanks.

To everybody from Europe who can't afford the EVO:

Come to us!!! Ze Germans are nice!

Important information - payment and costs:

Payment

There are 2 possibilities for you:

1. via Paypal:
send to mgrossebo@freenet.de (purpose: gamertag)
- note that there is an additional paypal taxe you have to pay (something like 1,50€)

2.via virement:
owner: Marco Großebokermann
IBAN: DE12 1705 2000 4091 0638 08
BIC: WELADED1GZE
- no additional taxes

The GODs ask you to always indicate your gamertag and what you are paying for (e.g. many nights in a pension)

Costs

EBO (participation and tournament included, warm lunch included, possibility to sleep at the venue included, German sausages and barbecue every evening included, all that for the whole 3 days) - 20,12€
1 night in the pension (breakfast not included) - 17,50€

For example:
EBO + 3 nights in the pension = 72,62€ p.p.

If you have questions don't hesitate.

PS: I'm already completely registered. :sc5lei1:

Update of the list (e.g. Cliff is pre-registered).

And I've just checked the flights.
With easyjet there are still very cheap flights from London/Paris to Berlin for under 100€ (or pounds) both ways.
Note that you have to look for "Airport Berlin Brandenburg" or "Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg". It's a new airport that will open soon, you won't find any flights for "Schönefeld" in August anymore because it will be closed.

Ok thank you, I will check that.

Unfortunately EasyJet do not fly from Heathrow, meaning that a long and expensive train journey is required to reach the airport. But I'll still look into it thanks.

By a stroke of extremely bad fortune, the next Insomnia tournament (i46, the next iteration following Synraii's recent victory) will occur on the same weekend. In theory it could be the only UK major this year (as SVB looks unlikely) but there can be no international competition this time (because naturally the EU players will go to EBO if they go anywhere). It's a shame for the UK, and I will post up any possible UK majors to replace this if they happen.

Who knows, Insomnia might get the Belgians, lol.

It'll be a good major for players to get some exposure like Zaigonen and Deathsm8 who are really good players but don't have the means to travel abroad I think. =/
In a sense it may be a blessing in disguise. But we will see...

Shout outs to people travelling to the EBO! =D

Back