Azwel General Discussion

Windstar

[13] Hero
...and so I pray...

Anyway. It looks like he took Necrid's old 3BB. The extra footage after the demo seems to suggest he has a broken-esque boss form, complete with a new CE. That boss form probably isn't going to be playable; but it seems like something to mess around with.

As note, I think he'll be character 21 or 22. I'm not quite sure he'll have a Story Mode, but there's a good bet he probably will.

This joke was prolly made a hundred times, but might Azwel say it again...
Anyways, it looks like he has Algol's 4B and 5AA.
Anyways I was looking for someone in this game to scratch that Algol itch, all this guy now needs is some lingering slow moving hit box of sorts (preferably balls)

This joke was prolly made a hundred times, but might Azwel say it again...
Anyways, it looks like he has Algol's 4B and 5AA.
Anyways I was looking for someone in this game to scratch that Algol itch, all this guy now needs is some lingering slow moving hit box of sorts (preferably balls)

Yeah, he has Algols 44B, 4B, 6AA(The animations are the opposite).

The extra footage after the demo seems to suggest he has a broken-esque boss form, complete with a new CE. That boss form probably isn't going to be playable; but it seems like something to mess around with.

As note, I think he'll be character 21 or 22. I'm not quite sure he'll have a Story Mode, but there's a good bet he probably will.

That's Azwel Soul Charge, Azwel is a playable boss, & he has a Soul Chronicle as well.

Story 1.png

To me, from what little we've seen, he's got moves and qualities that are similar to Algol, Necrid, and Viola. Hard to tell from just that little bit, but I'd say he seems to play the most like Algol, with some variety tools in there. The moves he had at the end may not be playable, but it also may be part of his soul charge (probably watered down outside of story mode, or maybe not since we don't see much of it)

Ultimately though, we’re just waiting for more info on him.
Was kinda hoping he’d be playable in this build, but whatever.

I pray he is CaS friendly so I can:

1. Make a skull sorcerer
2. Change the colors/aura of the weapons and particle effects

Bio
Azwel is a self-described anthropologist with a fervent love of humanity. He contains an inhuman level of knowledge of all things, from medicine, art, war, and other scholarly pursuits. Taking a grand look at the scope of human history he finds that mankind finds itself in periods everlasting war, disease and disaster. Using the Aval Organizations resources, he plans to elevate mankind to a higher state of evolution, one that could even challenge the gods, themselves.

Paldindrome.
This oddly name device is actually a pair of gauntlets containing fragments of the "fugitive sword" and the "soul sword". The basic functions of the device is to recreate the memories of the weapons through thought and battle. Although the device is able to create weapons, there was incredible difficulty in the summoning speed, so Azwel made improvements by dividing the powers into (three)four catagories; a large axe, a spear, a shield, and a sword. Though there is still difficulty in summoning new weapons, the delay can be reduced through "reproduction".

Palindrome means "palindrome". It is a strange word that means the same thing whether pronounced backwards or forwards. The reason why Azwel gave the device this name was not out of jest, but relation to the sword fragments. Azwel has noticed that both the "Fugitive Sword" and "Soul Sword" bear remarkable similarities or commonalities, through his intense studies. Such knowledge was perhaps the impetus to naming the device as such.

EDIT: Some oddities in the way the Japanese decided to name things. I'm not actually sure if the palindrome gauntlets are a prosthetic. Also, the Japanese says he created three categories for the created weapons, but it lists four of them (I probably forgot a possessive here).

The last bit regarding his fighting style I'll translate later, but in summary, he basically seems to be pulling from the reservoir of memories of the swords to create a fighting style. In general, he's not very good or physically adept at combat, but with Palindrome, he's become a master.

He also left the Aval Organization some time after creating the device.

https://sc6.soularchive.jp/images/character/azwel/img_ss_01.jpg

Last edited:
any theories about who he might be in the series (if he is anyone) or who he might turn into? we see that clip of him with all the corruption on his body. If this is a reboot of the series it makes me wonder if he's the origin of inferno.

he obviously is a parallel to algol but he has a completely different background so I think that's not it.

another idea I had is what if he's necrid.

I know it is especially in the artbooks I just don't know where

"Ares, the god of destruction, desired Soul Edge to dethrone his father, Zeus, so he ordered Kunpaetku, the grand priest of the cult order Fygul Cestemus, to seek it out. Astaroth, a golem, was created in hellish heat under the divine protection of Ares to head up the quest. Kunpaetku ordered his creation, Astaroth, to find the demonic blade. As he watched Astaroth depart from the shrine, the grand priest laughed to himself as he planned to keep the Soul Edge and become a god himself. Unknown to Kunpaetku, however, Ares had possessed Astaroth with his servants, the Keres, to ensure that Kunpaetku would not betray him. When Astaroth finally found Soul Edge, he had lost half of himself during the battle with Sophitia."

this according to the wiki, unless they're changing his backstory for the reboot it doesn't sound like it. Have we gotten any info on the Aval society?

"Ares, the god of destruction, desired Soul Edge to dethrone his father, Zeus, so he ordered Kunpaetku, the grand priest of the cult order Fygul Cestemus, to seek it out. Astaroth, a golem, was created in hellish heat under the divine protection of Ares to head up the quest. Kunpaetku ordered his creation, Astaroth, to find the demonic blade. As he watched Astaroth depart from the shrine, the grand priest laughed to himself as he planned to keep the Soul Edge and become a god himself. Unknown to Kunpaetku, however, Ares had possessed Astaroth with his servants, the Keres, to ensure that Kunpaetku would not betray him. When Astaroth finally found Soul Edge, he had lost half of himself during the battle with Sophitia."

this according to the wiki, unless they're changing his backstory for the reboot it doesn't sound like it. Have we gotten any info on the Aval society?
Nvm I confused fygul for aval. ugghhh. MY BAD GUYS.

any theories about who he might be in the series (if he is anyone) or who he might turn into? we see that clip of him with all the corruption on his body. If this is a reboot of the series it makes me wonder if he's the origin of inferno.
My crackpot idea is that after Azwel's inevitable defeat in SCVI (and before SCII happens), he gets turned into Charade (although Project Soul would have to retcon Charade's story for that to work).

charade-sc2fix.jpg

My crackpot idea is that after Azwel's inevitable defeat in SCVI (and before SCII happens), he gets turned into Charade (although Project Soul would have to retcon Charade's story for that to work).

View attachment 50718

tbh the idea of retcons at this point is probably to be expected, I mean this is technically SC1/2 but Zasalamel and Tira are here, then there's the fact that Azwel and Groh are in the timeline but for obvious reasons were never there before. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that Azwel is some later character from the earlier games.

it's also possible he's just a nobody villain for our OC and Groh to beat up for the sake of it.

Hey guys, I was at MEO and I played Azwel more than a few times. Here's a couple of notes I made along the way about his character. It's my first time doing one of these, please be gentle. If you have any questions, please ask and I'll answer as best as I can. I've also written one for Voldo so if you're interested in that, check out in his character forum. The other players with me has written one for Talim and I am in the process of convincing the other person to do a write up for Seong Mina.

Azwels CE is a one hit vertical attack which goes into his animation. Which on comparison to other CEs seems to do little bit more damage and could KO before the opponents life goes into the yellow section. When popping SoulCharge, Azwel does change his form much like Kilik. That being said, when trying to perform his other CE, it cannot be done in the same fashion as Kilik. So a press of the CE button whilst in SC will only do his normal CE if he has the meter. It is unclear at this point how the other CE is done.

Azwel has two projectile attacks. 236A will lunge a red sword forwards, 214B will lunge a blue spear. It's worth noting that the blue spear does have Lethal Hit properties and upon achieving so, can teleport Azwel within close range to the opponent.

By pressing 2 A+B Azwel stamps the ground stunning standing opponents. This move also works on opponents laying down.

Azwels A+G throws opponent forward then drops various weapons on him. His 4 A+G throws his opponent onto a sword launching him as Azwel hops on various weapons before launching them downwards at the opponent. Unfortunately, at the time I wasn't able to find his Muscle Buster throw that was shown in the debut trailer.

Azwels RE is a three hit attack. His A makes his two swords slash horizontally in each opposing direction. His B is his axe launcher which is followed up by him charging at you with all of his weapons while seated on his shield. His K just phases him in and out, no attack whatsoever. It is unclear whether this move will be countered by A attacks. It is confirmed that it doesn't clash with the opponents K attack.

Azwels K is rather unique where if pressed with either 4 6 or 2/8 he will go into a stance depending on the direction pressed. Pressing an attack button in said stance will have him perform various attacks. 4K puts him in stance with Shield and Spear, 6K puts him in stance with Axe and 2/8 puts him in stance with his twin swords.

6 A+B has Azwel sit on his shield spinning forward and attack with the rest of his weapons. While a neat attack and certainly effective if used right, it's worth noting that this is one of those attacks that can lead to a self ring out. He has another variant of this attack much like his RE B attack where he charges with weapons poking towards opponent, but sadly I was unclear on how that move was performed.

8 A+B has Azwel do a very high jump in the air and land on the ground on his hand. I was never able to land this move to see what if anything this move actually did.

That's probably all I can say about Azwel, I only have just been winging it in versus mode so I can only write so much. As a bonus I will mention this much about the aesthetic of the character: special conversations with Nightmare when versing him, 2P color is white robe with blue and red on each side of his sash with his hair instead of being dark is more of a pale blonde. I should also mention when it comes to costume destruction, you can get him all the way down to his underwear. Which if I have to describe it kind of reminds me of Gills cloth from Street Fighter 3 only metallic.

Hey guys, I was at MEO and I played Azwel more than a few times. Here's a couple of notes I made along the way about his character. It's my first time doing one of these, please be gentle. If you have any questions, please ask and I'll answer as best as I can. I've also written one for Voldo so if you're interested in that, check out in his character forum. The other players with me has written one for Talim and I am in the process of convincing the other person to do a write up for Seong Mina.

Azwels CE is a one hit vertical attack which goes into his animation. Which on comparison to other CEs seems to do little bit more damage and could KO before the opponents life goes into the yellow section. When popping SoulCharge, Azwel does change his form much like Kilik. That being said, when trying to perform his other CE, it cannot be done in the same fashion as Kilik. So a press of the CE button whilst in SC will only do his normal CE if he has the meter. It is unclear at this point how the other CE is done.

Azwel has two projectile attacks. 236A will lunge a red sword forwards, 214B will lunge a blue spear. It's worth noting that the blue spear does have Lethal Hit properties and upon achieving so, can teleport Azwel within close range to the opponent.

By pressing 2 A+B Azwel stamps the ground stunning standing opponents. This move also works on opponents laying down.

Azwels A+G throws opponent forward then drops various weapons on him. His 4 A+G throws his opponent onto a sword launching him as Azwel hops on various weapons before launching them downwards at the opponent. Unfortunately, at the time I wasn't able to find his Muscle Buster throw that was shown in the debut trailer.

Azwels RE is a three hit attack. His A makes his two swords slash horizontally in each opposing direction. His B is his axe launcher which is followed up by him charging at you with all of his weapons while seated on his shield. His K just phases him in and out, no attack whatsoever. It is unclear whether this move will be countered by A attacks. It is confirmed that it doesn't clash with the opponents K attack.

Azwels K is rather unique where if pressed with either 4 6 or 2/8 he will go into a stance depending on the direction pressed. Pressing an attack button in said stance will have him perform various attacks. 4K puts him in stance with Shield and Spear, 6K puts him in stance with Axe and 2/8 puts him in stance with his twin swords.

6 A+B has Azwel sit on his shield spinning forward and attack with the rest of his weapons. While a neat attack and certainly effective if used right, it's worth noting that this is one of those attacks that can lead to a self ring out. He has another variant of this attack much like his RE B attack where he charges with weapons poking towards opponent, but sadly I was unclear on how that move was performed.

8 A+B has Azwel do a very high jump in the air and land on the ground on his hand. I was never able to land this move to see what if anything this move actually did.

That's probably all I can say about Azwel, I only have just been winging it in versus mode so I can only write so much. As a bonus I will mention this much about the aesthetic of the character: special conversations with Nightmare when versing him, 2P color is white robe with blue and red on each side of his sash with his hair instead of being dark is more of a pale blonde. I should also mention when it comes to costume destruction, you can get him all the way down to his underwear. Which if I have to describe it kind of reminds me of Gills cloth from Street Fighter 3 only metallic.
Does his basic pokes have good range from what you remember, and what enhanced stronger moves did you find? (After doing a regular version once)

His sword attacks have moderate range, but his axe and spear attacks are where he shines in terms of poke. Projectile attacks are also good to use. Azwel being a new character, was hard to find new moves after going into SC, I was solely trying to figure out how to use the other CE.

His sword attacks have moderate range, but his axe and spear attacks are where he shines in terms of poke. Projectile attacks are also good to use. Azwel being a new character, was hard to find new moves after going into SC, I was solely trying to figure out how to use the other CE.
Are the projectile attacks fast and are they high/steppable?

Back