back dash assiastance

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
i been playing this weekend and dong really well, enojoyin this new maxi (although his mix-ups mind games are a bit weaker)

most people i didnt really have much trouble fighting but i came acress Swordlord? (xbl tag Hammertime) and he used the alexandras and would poke and back step. i couldnt find a way to get in close to start the games.

anything with good enough range was to slow to hit and anything fast enough to hit didnt have the range. it was frustrating to say the least but i see this as a real problem as the game progresses.

anyone got any good ideas to get in and try to stop people or make them at least worried about trying it so i can carry trying to deal damage. (which OMG i love the damage on this maxi)

Gotta anticipate that they're going to back step, you have to be careful outside your mid range. I use FC 3A and 88A often. 66K as well. Anything else I don't recommend much, just be careful and dash in to your ideal range before you start attacking

Against turtlers Maxi's 66B isn't too bad. Clashes a good deal of the time and if it does usually promises the follow-up A (On clash). It's unsafe on hit though. I use 33B a lot to close distance once I've gauged how the people step and move because 33B tracks to the right. And of course, 22/88A is good as well. Against turtlers/pokers you really gotta have your game tight. Don't let off them and don't let them even get a chance to run away.

And 44B leads to huge damage. I'm trying to stop myself from using 66B because I feel like I'm getting punished more often than I'm helping myself. Maybe I'll try to find better uses for it but for chasing down a KD'd opponent or closing the gap (especially against a turtler) it seems to hurt me more than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back