Baldulf's CAS gallery

Getting my ass beaten on TTT2, jumping back into Soul Calibur, doing new CAS to try different styles... You know the drill. Today we have chinese food on the menu.

Fang-Ying:
Xzkyx.jpg
i8ure.jpg
KbBHK.jpg
X2a0Q.jpg
GGoOu.jpg

This one is based on a Diablo III monk cosplay I saw around. Not a Diablo fan myself but I think the design is cool as hell.
BG6Su.jpg

Lin Xiaojing:
pHUMh.jpg
ZbmWR.jpg
DRoYw.jpg
twkMK.jpg
8ZjOq.jpg

Because everyone loves cute kung fu girls that go Bruce Lee on your face XD
I haven't played with Maxi since the first Soul Calibur but this one has already become one of my favourites. Tattoo on leg should be a dragon but since I can't wrap it by axis had to use the tails of two dragons so it looks more like a snake (it gives a good asymmetrical contrast nowadays)

Seems the CAS forum is still alive, glad I'm not the only weirdo who keeps wasting time on this.

These are based either on videogame characters or ilustrations that picked my interest and looked that would fit in the Soul Calibur world.

Duram Sherif:
soulcalibur66.png
soulcalibur67.png
soulcalibur68.png

Based on a PVC figure by the same name, it looked like an older, sexier and less annoying version of Pyrrha so that was fine for me

Haito Kanakura from Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage:
soulcalibur69.png
soulcalibur70.png

Shenlong from Bloody Roar:
soulcalibur71.png
soulcalibur73.png
soulcalibur72.png

Zara from Queens Blade:
soulcalibur74.png
soulcalibur75.png
soulcalibur76.png

Arisha:
soulcalibur77.png
soulcalibur78.png
soulcalibur80.png

Gulbrandr:
soulcalibur82.png
soulcalibur81.png
soulcalibur83.png

Lucia from Shadow Hearts 2 (sexy alt costume version, of course XD):
soulcalibur84.png
soulcalibur85.png
soulcalibur87.png

Leaving my most recent works for a last post.

Simone:
soulcalibur89.png
soulcalibur91.png
soulcalibur90.png
soulcalibur92.png

Drizzt from Forgotten Realms:
soulcalibur93.png
soulcalibur96.png
soulcalibur95.png

Dracul from Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2:
soulcalibur97.png
soulcalibur99.png
soulcalibur100.png
soulcalibur98.png

Only missing Robert Carlyle's cheesy lines: "For I am the dragon, Dracul! I am the prince of darkness! That... Is my vengeance!" XD

Zipper sticker for an actual zipper? BLASPHEMY!

Nah, just kidding. Simone looks good, man. I'm surprised to see it used as an actual sticker, pleasantly so. I dig the colors on her as well. I think it may look slightly better to change the colors of the ribbons on her sleeve though, they look kinda odd.

Gulbrandr stands out. EVERYONE has their own version of a skeletal warrior (or 2 or 20) but this one is better than about 97% of what's out there. I like the way the rhino horns carry up to the horns on the helmet. Nice unified design.

Gulbrandr stands out. EVERYONE has their own version of a skeletal warrior (or 2 or 20) but this one is better than about 97% of what's out there. I like the way the rhino horns carry up to the horns on the helmet. Nice unified design.

Thanks, but the merit goes to Chaoyuanxu from Devianart, I used this as a base for that one (yes, I'm just a copycat ;_;)

By the way all your customs are superb, nice work on those.

the_skeleton_knight_by_chaoyuanxu-d4fslw2.jpg

Nice recreation. Me, i don't consider any CAS a copy, unless copying another CAS. Trying to work from an illustration has its own challenges (parts, colors, patterns etc). Anytime you can create a good CAS from non-SC source material is a win imho.

yeah, it is the only one that appeals to me as well, maybe along with the female elf warrior (Drizzt ?) probably because i don't have a clue who they are supposed to recreate in the first place ;o)
The artwork is awesome though, even if it is not yours, reminds me of Madureira/Darksiders...

Back