Bearer of bad news :(

Kura: Hard work and dedication. A somewhat active, hardcore level offline scene to practice with.
Belial: You get the picture.
Hey, thank you =)
But. In truth both me and Kura have NO hardcore scene to compete with.
In russia right now things are much better, but in SC3 I've played with 1 person for a year, than take a break for a year than play with another 1 person for another year.
In SC4 for a really long time I only had 2 or 3 people to play. and maybe 1 tournament with 10-15 people (90% of which dont know how to hold a pad) in a year.
Last time I checked with Seung Cheol (before he went to army last year) he said that SC4 community in Korea is 7 people at best.

But yes, it takes such a freakin lot of hard work and dedication, especially _without_ hardcore stage. You're on your own, so you have to learn everything for every character and matchup yourself. In-depth too. It really helps to have at least one more dedicated player in the community so you can improve each other. Look at Thuggish Pond - I think he only plays vs HymanTyphoon, which in all, isnt a world-class player, but its enough. He plays home, travels a lot, and here you have one of the best players SC ever had.

To me seeing players like Omega and Kura provided motivation, I hope my videos inspire people to get better too. To know games inside out and in-depth, instead of just picking characters local stage is unfamiliar with and rock a tournament or two, then jump on another game when its no longer working.

Hey, thank you =)
But. In truth both me and Kura have NO hardcore scene to compete with.
In russia right now things are much better, but in SC3 I've played with 1 person for a year, than take a break for a year than play with another 1 person for another year.
In SC4 for a really long time I only had 2 or 3 people to play. and maybe 1 tournament with 10-15 people (90% of which dont know how to hold a pad) in a year.
Last time I checked with Seung Cheol (before he went to army last year) he said that SC4 community in Korea is 7 people at best.

But yes, it takes such a freakin lot of hard work and dedication, especially _without_ hardcore stage. You're on your own, so you have to learn everything for every character and matchup yourself. In-depth too. It really helps to have at least one more dedicated player in the community so you can improve each other. Look at Thuggish Pond - I think he only plays vs HymanTyphoon, which in all, isnt a world-class player, but its enough. He plays home, travels a lot, and here you have one of the best players SC ever had.

To me seeing players like Omega and Kura provided motivation, I hope my videos inspire people to get better too. To know games inside out and in-depth, instead of just picking characters local stage is unfamiliar with and rock a tournament or two, then jump on another game when its no longer working.

What I meant is that you have a small group of hardcore players that you played with fairly regularly (by Southern California standards at least) - not that you have this huge scene or even that there are other areas of your home country that are active. It's different than say, SoCal, where NOBODY plays anymore.

If I had somebody like Kingusha to practice with, even if it was JUST HIM, it would be awesome.

7 people? That's a freakin dream.

The reality is that every SC4 community around the globe is fairly small. I'm just pointing out that the ones who still have a few hardcore players are producing top notch people. The exception is chicago, but then again, Thugish travels A LOT more than 99% of Americans, plus he has prior SC experience. Maybe he's a savant, who knows? xD

Explain please? >,<

Let me guess, you live in Chicago? I didn't mean that the Chicago community is large, just that it isn't producing world-class players other than Damien.

If you do live in Chicago and if what I said offends you, then go and place in a major tournament. Don't take it personally.

Let me guess, you live in Chicago? I didn't mean that the Chicago community is large, just that it isn't producing world-class players other than Damien.

If you do live in Chicago and if what I said offends you, then go and place in a major tournament. Don't take it personally.
Nope I didnt take it personally or get offended myself but some of the other players in Chicago are really good. In fact I'm the worst(only been to 1 gathering anyways).

Back