Beating Sophi

Gods-Spartan

[09] Warrior
So...I keep losing to her. Not sure what to do exactly. I'm getting hit wherever I'm at.

66B is eating me alive. (wiff punishes, seems to track well, gets under highs, hits grounded for a nice chunck)
This is probably my main area of trouble really. Any advice on this would be helpful.

Her SG damage gets me in trouble a lot. Even when I beat Sophitias she can get me in the red by the end of the first round.

I can read her strings pretty well. Those arent that hard.

Heck I'm tempted just to pick up the broad up.

66b does not track to her left, so step/8wr right. it does whiff punish, but not nearly as well as 236b. 66b needs to be done ahead of time in order to whiff punish, so it's like a predict-whiff punish. it does tc a bit. it does hit grounded, but there's never a time when it's guaranteed (except for ws[a+b]_a+b ch), you can always stand up and block it. better yet, roll right, it'll make it whiff everytime.

I think you got that mixed up. You should roll or step to her right (or your left).

I think you got that mixed up. You should roll or step to her right (or your left).

Yes...I was about to say. A bad habit of mine is that I always step up...to my right on 2 side and left on 1 side. I will work on this. Actually...with this...I should fare a little better.

For what it's worth 66B is -2 on block so watch out she can interrupt you afterwards. It's not that fast though (i26) so you can Bullrush a run in if you expect it will lead to the launcher.

yea, sorry, i was at work when i posted that and it was bugging me a little bit afterwards like "did i say that right?". i actually checked this thread again just to make sure someone corrected me. thanks guys!

This reminds me... I've always wondered what's the advantage of using 236236B instead of 236B? Is there more damage, or less frames or something?

This reminds me... I've always wondered what's the advantage of using 236236B instead of 236B? Is there more damage, or less frames or something?

More damage.

IIRC, 236B:4 does 55 damage, while 236236B:4 does 80.

The numbers may be a bit off, since I don't play Sophitia much.

It doesn't necessarily work that way, since it's a different move. TAS B can theoretically be i15 or so, while AS B is i14.

safer and does more damage (80 with JF)

can also do 236236b,236236b:4 (if proper distance) which is 123 damage(102 i think without the JF)

Back