Best sides to step vs each character

OffbeatNinja

[08] Mercenary
C = Clockwise (to your character's left)
CC = Counter-Clockwise (to your character's right)

Algol: C

Amy:
General Side Step: CC

Exceptions:

33B
1A (hard)

Astaroth:
General Side Step: C

Exceptions:

4A
3B
6K adv dep. C if neg, CC if pos.

Cassandra: CC

Cervantes: C

Darth Vader: C

Hilde: C

Ivy: C

Kilik: CC

Lizardman: C

Maxi: C

Mitsurugi:
General Side Step: C

Exceptions:

3A
1B
RLC B
66A+B 8wr CC

Nightmare:

Raphael: C

Rock:

Seong Mi-na: C

Setsuka:

Siegfried: CC

Sophitia: CC

Taki:

Talim:

The Apprentice:

Tira: CC

Voldo: C

Xianghua: CC

Yoda:

Yoshimitsu: C

Yun-Seong:

Zasalamel:

Best sides to step vs each characteR

There's an old thread that mentions this: http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/stepping-t907/ Generally, it seems to be that if you step away from their weapon-hand it works best.

An important one to mention is for Hilde to step to her sword side, avoids the B charge dooms.

So, usually you want to, from the 1P side, to step in the down direction, and from the 2P side in the up direction. Raphael-like characters are backwards to this.

Yes, the away from weapon hand rule works for most characters, but there are exceptions. Also be aware of the fact that deciding, which way to step also depends on the step-killing move that character is most likely to use, which may cover step differently from what you'd expect.

Mitsu - right
Yoshi - left
Amy - right

what about algol?

stepping against him either way seems like a bad idea

Mitsu - right
Yoshi - left
Amy - right

are you sure mitsu is right - another person told me that you should side step left - It semi works for me, with all his tacking + online its almost impossible.

Astaroth left
Kilik you have listed as left - I'm not really sure, but left only works vs WS B and right is the general side to step it has been this way since SC3.
Hilde - left steps B-charge, right steps A-charge. left is generally better i think.

Nynth: 2KB tracks left 8wr along with many other, only moves that tracks right is 3A, 6A and 1B and RLC. right also steps MST .

what about algol?

stepping against him either way seems like a bad idea

Left step will avoid most of Algol's shit, but I think 2A+K can only be stepped right.

Astaroth left

Isn't right step used to avoid bull rush?

I also hear left step avoids Siegfried Reverse Side Hold stuff.

Also, when stepping Amy, doesn't 33B track right step better than left step? can't really remember.

step G 11 frames

mailboxar: asta bullrush is totally not steppable right, only ocasionally. knee (6K) is also better speppable to the left, at the distance hitboxes go wild and you can step to the right with some chars. moves that are stepped to the right - 4A, 3B, (B)B. other like 44B or 66B can be stepped either side. 4B steppable both 4 both but better to the right, its only rollable to the right when otg.

amy 33B is the only move tracking other side. this thread is general step side, if you want detail go into char SA

precise step can SS nearly everything. step~G even more. most horizontals hit later when you step the same side as the blade swing its around ~2 frames impact delay. its pointless to discuss stuff like that here. vs same Asta its really hard to SS bullrush w/o precise timing, but if you ever played Asta near the edge you'll never say stuff like step bullrush to the right again ^_^ vs amy if i 8wr right I most of the time will escape her mixups 2B+K, 3B, 66B, 66A+B even 66A is steppable. 66B is steppable both but better to the right. 6BB will track in any kind of adv for amy, in disadv or 0 its steppable both, but better to the left. sometimes you can even step 1A to the left (but very rare)
overall move tracking should be tested with both step, step~G and 8wr with random distance and frame adv, so its a lot of work. Also every character have some moves that track to the other side, sometimes some really useful ones (amy 33B, mitsu 3A etc) I might be able to post in-depth but thread doesnt seem to be about it. its a direction where to start, there are SA for in-depth.

I think there is a general disconnect in this thread with people thinking:

The mentioned character's left or right
vs.
The defending character stepping left or right

I can confirm YOU want to step left against Raph - which is Raph's right - which is INTO his weapon hand.

Back