Bind discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharaoh03

[09] Warrior
you can swap G and B+G on default pad controls so u can block while charging. plus this doesnt affect playing other characters. you have to grab with the A button (B+G) while charging A attacks, but it's managable like using A or B attacks while charging A or B. Though I dont know if theres a way to make K attacks easier while charging without affecting other characters. you have to claw ur index finger to kick while charging. Any solutions that dont handicap another control?

feelmylance

aka IconicEye
First post!

I find it interesting I went such a different route on my pad. I also learned to play other characters with this setup.

R1: G
X: A
Square: B
Circle: K
Triangle: B+K
L1: A+B+K
L2: B+G
R2: A+G

Note: This setup requires the ability for thumb to side rock to Circle to use kicks while charging A and B or just A. If wanting to kick while just charging B, then thumb can swing around and rock on triangle (rarely use unless trying to mix-up while charging C4B).

Pros:
-Charging A and B only requires one thumb placement over X and square. This allows a rocking motion back and forth to release one charge and hold the other.
-R1 as Guard is very handy, because the finger is always there ready to block or cancel charges.
-A+B moves are a cinch.

Cons:
-It took getting used to my thumb side-rocking to hit circle while depressing x and square. My thumb got sore learning this. It works well now!
-Giving B+K it's own key assignment is not as useful in SCV as in SCiV due to how hard it is to B+K AT anyone in the air now. I still use it for 2B+K and rare B+K stun. For playing other characters, though, the key assignment is necessary.

I doubt anyone will use this bind, but it's fun to compare. I am actually getting a Hit Box (stick-less arcade stick) soon, and will be learning to play all over again. :[

srsgamer87

[09] Warrior
I had no experience with Hilde in SC4, but I'm interested in maining her in SC5. After reworking my control scheme to compensate, I discovered that I'm loving the result with pretty much anyone on the roster. This is with a 360 controller (yeah, I know, but it's what is always available to play on in this area) and the binds are as follows:

Button - Action
LB - A
RB - B
LT & RT - A+B+K
A - G
X - K
Y - A+G
B - B+G

In words: horizontal and vertical are on the shoulders while the four face buttons are guard, kick, and the two grabs; the triggers are for easy edge commands. Thing is, I'm bad at this game. It feels good to me, aside from the difficulty of reprogramming my old reflexes, but I was curious if there are technical reasons why the above control scheme is bad (especially regarding Hilde).

I use a similar setup too. No one answered his question and I'm also wondering if the pros feel there could be potential problems with this setup.

LB - A
RB - B
LT - A+G
RT - B+G
A - G
X - K
Y - A+B
B - B+K

Having my thumb rested over G and K and my fingers over A and B is invaluable to me.

caseh

[09] Warrior
The only shoulder button I use is L1

A|B|X|Y are all default, L1 is A+B+K. (You need to remove binds from R2 as the pad is rested, will get used by accident)

Pad is held down on a surface like my leg and right-hand forms a 'claw' of sorts over the buttons.

Works well for me, been using the same setup since SCIV other than L1 was used for B+G as A+B+K had no purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.