BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Really? Everyone keeps saying hakumen is only ranked low because hes new and they expect him to be B teir at least.

Can't wait to just try this game. No arcade around here so the console release will be my first taste of this game. Hope to get our Soul Cal and Street fighter players to jump on this one.

You won't have to try very hard, it's a different kind of game from SF4 and SC4.

To me, even BB is way more accessible than GG, I'll probably be able to actually play it after a few hours without feeling like a ridiculously awful retard.

I heard that GG players would rather play GG. Something about balance issues?

Because GG was balanced from the get go with it's first carnation. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, people these days are way too damn quick to jump the gun. Of course balance issues are going to arise, it's the game's FIRST installment. What is with the FG communities and it's whambulance about balance when later revisions of the game are BOUND to happen (this is extremely true in the case of SFIV and BB).

Because GG was balanced from the get go with it's first carnation.[/sarcasm]

and because of that no one played the first installment of guilty gear

Seriously, people these days are way too damn quick to jump the gun. Of course balance issues are going to arise, it's the game's FIRST installment. What is with the FG communities and it's whambulance about balance when later revisions of the game are BOUND to happen (this is extremely true in the case of SFIV and BB)

Your fanboy is showing

I don't think it's good logic to play a game you don't like in hopes it turns into something really great in 10 years like guilty gear. I mean no one did it then so why should they now?

and I think the complaints so far aren't just about balance, but just about system changes. I think the character balance is a factor(alot of people are getting put off by Arakune and Rachel) but for the most part guilty gear players aren't with it because it's not guilty gear

and there's really nothing wrong with that. It's not like Blazblue is going to struggle to find an audience

You can find proof of that in Street Fighter 4 actually

Because GG was balanced from the get go with it's first carnation. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, people these days are way too damn quick to jump the gun. Of course balance issues are going to arise, it's the game's FIRST installment. What is with the FG communities and it's whambulance about balance when later revisions of the game are BOUND to happen (this is extremely true in the case of SFIV and BB).

My thoughts exactly (not as aggressive though ^_^;) When I head about people being off-put by BB's balance I thought "Well, maybe BB will get 3-4 installments like GG before it..."

Your fanboy is showing

I don't think it's good logic to play a game you don't like in hopes it turns into something really great in 10 years like guilty gear. I mean no one did it then so why should they now?

and I think the complaints so far aren't just about balance, but just about system changes. I think the character balance is a factor(alot of people are getting put off by Arakune and Rachel) but for the most part guilty gear players aren't with it because it's not guilty gear

and there's really nothing wrong with that. It's not like Blazblue is going to struggle to find an audience

You can find proof of that in Street Fighter 4 actually

My fanboy in what?

I don't think it's good logic to expect a game to be perfect on it's first iteration. Companies are only human, and it's impossible to achieve complete balance when you try to incorporate variety in a roster.

Point is, the game is going to have issues, specially in it's first iteration. The saying "history repeats itself" has never been a lie so why are people constantly surprised when broken or unbalanced shit it found. To not expect it is silly. Enjoy the game until it's found. If it's broken to the point in which you no longer enjoy the game, stop playing. No one wants to hear a whambulance (considering a majority of people are only capable of THAT rather than constructive criticism). If it's THAT broken, the amount of interest in the game will drop and if the company is smart and actually care about that IP (ex: ArcSys with GG), they will release a revision of said game, fixing the balance issues that showed in the first.

My fanboy in what?

You've made it painfully clear in numerous topics that this is going to be your favorite fighter many times

So I dunno post came off as a fanboyish WAAAAH WHY DONT PEOPLE LIKE MY GAME post when I read it

I don't think it's good logic to expect a game to be perfect on it's first iteration. Companies are only human, and it's impossible to achieve complete balance when you try to incorporate variety in a roster.

I don't think anyone who matters is mad that the game isn't perfectly balanced. Especially accent core players as that game is no more or less balanced than this

I guarantee any complaints at "character balance" are said with Arakune or Rachel in mind. They're really just not fun to play against at all with some characters. Arakune is just poor character design in general, balance aside.

Point is, the game is going to have issues, specially in it's first iteration. The saying "history repeats itself" has never been a lie so why are people constantly surprised when broken or unbalanced shit it found. To not expect it is silly. Enjoy the game until it's found. If it's broken to the point in which you no longer enjoy the game, stop playing. No one wants to hear a whambulance (considering a majority of people are only capable of THAT rather than constructive criticism). If it's THAT broken, the amount of interest in the game will drop and if the company is smart and actually care about that IP (ex: ArcSys with GG), they will release a revision of said game, fixing the balance issues that showed in the first.

What are you talking about specifically? I'm curious because I haven't heard any legitimate arguments for anything being broken yet.

and I mean this isn't Arc's first game and it's 2009 so I think even with completely new games a little more is expected nowadays then 10 years ago

So that "First iteration it's expected" logic doesn't fly. Especially with only 10 characters

You've made it painfully clear in numerous topics that this is going to be your favorite fighter many times

So I dunno post came off as a fanboyish WAAAAH WHY DONT PEOPLE LIKE MY GAME post when I read it

That remark referred to the whambulance coming from a portion of the GG community (in regards to BB) AND the Capcom fighting game community (in regards to SFIV) on top of the Hilde and Algol nonsense we hear here. Hence why I said, "FG communities" and not GG community in particular. I'm look at the big picture here.

What are you talking about specifically? I'm curious because I haven't heard any legitimate arguments for anything being broken yet.

and I mean this isn't Arc's first game and it's 2009 so I think even with completely new games a little more is expected nowadays then 10 years ago

So that "First iteration it's expected" logic doesn't fly. Especially with only 10 characters

For a specific example, go to SRK and read that incredibly silly thread claiming Ultras ruin SFIV's balance and hear the massive about of whambulance there. As for an example in regards to BB, I cannot think of anything in particular beside what I'm constantly hearing through word of mouth (IE what mizuiro-kitsune stated earlier. That has to have been the 5th time I've read that remark in regards to GG players not playing BB).

As for the logic behind accepting the fact that companies are human not flying, I'm not sure who it can't. Name me single famous fighter that achieved it's best balance on it's first iteration?

For a specific example, go to SRK and read that incredibly silly thread claiming Ultras ruin SFIV's balance and hear the massive about of whambulance there.

I wouldn't consider that the SF community. lol

That's just a bunch of fags mad about losing online to reversal ultras

Internet posters =/= FG community. You can't take every bad post by new players to be the voice of the people who go out and hold/attend events.

As for the logic behind accepting the fact that companies are human not flying, I'm not sure who it can't. Name me single famous fighter that achieved it's best balance on it's first iteration?

Well that's a dumb question to ask. Of course the next games are going to be better balanced than the past ones

I'm not sure I understand your point though

Everyone backlashes against change, it just happens. I personally can't wait, I've played it a lot, and it looks just like Guilty Gear as far as balance goes; not very. But BB/Aksys seem like a younger company; I think they'll patch it, unlike Namco. (And, hopefully time will prove me wrong, Capcom.)

Something we need to realize is that these arcade machines are just like consoles nowadays, except with hotter HD screens. But I'm pretty sure they're internet connected, meaning that the companies can patch them. Isn't that was arcade SF4 has? And I'm almost positive that BB has the same tech. And, for consoles, they'll be able to do it, and I have faith in Aksys.

Wanna know something that turned me off with GG? Too many characters, and BB fixes that. Also, too many stupid iterations; if Aksys makes em smaller patches, they'll keep their popularity up.

Everyone backlashes against change, it just happens. I personally can't wait, I've played it a lot, and it looks just like Guilty Gear as far as balance goes; not very. But BB/Aksys seem like a younger company; I think they'll patch it, unlike Namco. (And, hopefully time will prove me wrong, Capcom.)

Something we need to realize is that these arcade machines are just like consoles nowadays, except with hotter HD screens. But I'm pretty sure they're internet connected, meaning that the companies can patch them. Isn't that was arcade SF4 has? And I'm almost positive that BB has the same tech. And, for consoles, they'll be able to do it, and I have faith in Aksys.

Wanna know something that turned me off with GG? Too many characters, and BB fixes that. Also, too many stupid iterations; if Aksys makes em smaller patches, they'll keep their popularity up.

... Arcsys made Guilty Gear. Aksys is a branch of Arcsys that ports over their games to the US. Arcsys will be the ones doing the reiterations of the game and balance. Arcsys is not a young company.

Back