BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Word on the streets is that BB will be a PSN exclusive. seems kinda cool but I think I would prefer an actual disk better.

well, the game looks alright. and that's just because it's based HEAVILY on Guilty Gear. I like Guilty Gear. I have X2, Isuka, and Accent Core on my ps2. But...this game looks way too much like Guilty Gear. I see almost mirror images of the same characters (Sol and Ky looking dudes, and a big guy with brown skin looking like Potemkin's brother), character ideas (ghost-like character, and a vampire), and very similar moves (a few of the moves look a bit more over the top and animeish than the ones on Guilty Gear).

Sadrabbit, go ahead and learn to play Guilty Gear before you play this. BlazBlue looks like a repeat of it.

well, the game looks alright. and that's just because it's based HEAVILY on Guilty Gear. I like Guilty Gear. I have X2, Isuka, and Accent Core on my ps2. But...this game looks way too much like Guilty Gear. I see almost mirror images of the same characters (Sol and Ky looking dudes, and a big guy with brown skin looking like Potemkin's brother), character ideas (ghost-like character, and a vampire), and very similar moves (a few of the moves look a bit more over the top and animeish than the ones on Guilty Gear).

Sadrabbit, go ahead and learn to play Guilty Gear before you play this. BlazBlue looks like a repeat of it.

Ever hear that saying don't judge a book by it's cover?

From my understanding, based on what I've read off Dustloop and SRK, BlazBlue =/= GuiltyGear when it comes to overall pace and feel of the game. In fact, I remember reading how some of the GG scene dislikes BB because of how it's more footsie oriented than GG.

As in that shit stays on the ground

Appearances aside, BlazBlue is to Guilty Gear what Tekken is to Soul Calibur.

The only similarities they share really are the developers and, arguably, the character designs I guess.

From what I heard playing Accent Core is not a good way to prepare for BlazBlue at all, and that alot of top players in both games don't like the other one.

Word on the streets is that BB will be a PSN exclusive. seems kinda cool but I think I would prefer an actual disk better.

Word on the street is wrong. Aksys said they couldn't even get accent core as a PSN game, so I very much doubt BlazBlue would be. No console has been confirmed or denied, and it could very well come out for 360 as well as PS3 considering ArcSys's last two games were 360 exclusive.

Word on the street is wrong. Aksys said they couldn't even get accent core as a PSN game, so I very much doubt BlazBlue would be. No console has been confirmed or denied, and it could very well come out for 360 as well as PS3 considering ArcSys's last two games were 360 exclusive.

Are you referring to Guilty Gear 2 and Battle Fantasia? GG2 was 360 exclusive. However, Battle Fantasia was released for PS3 in JPN and apparently "to be released" in Europe as well. I have no clue as to why only the 360 version was brought over to the US.

I think he's referring to aksysgames(user on SRK) commenting on why they couldn't release Accent core plus on PSN and 360 with netplay.

but he missed the reason, which was that they just localize the game, they don't develop it. and Arc systems in japan(the guys who actually develop the games) didn't have the resources to develop it as a DLC with netplay due to work on Blazblue.

Are you referring to Guilty Gear 2 and Battle Fantasia? GG2 was 360 exclusive. However, Battle Fantasia was released for PS3 in JPN and apparently "to be released" in Europe as well. I have no clue as to why only the 360 version was brought over to the US.

Yeah, and I know it was only 360 in US but Blazblue is definatley coming out in the US so its relevant. In fact the same company is localizing Blazblue as did Accent Core, Battle Fantasia, and Overture.
I think he's referring to aksysgames(user on SRK) commenting on why they couldn't release Accent core plus on PSN and 360 with netplay.

but he missed the reason, which was that they just localize the game, they don't develop it. and Arc systems in japan(the guys who actually develop the games) didn't have the resources to develop it as a DLC with netplay due to work on Blazblue.

Yeah. I still really doubt that it would happen and there is no confirmation of any sort of exclusive.

Aksysgames made it pretty clear that the companies on both sides aren't commenting on the console releases at all at this point as to not betray the arcades that bought their game.

So anything anyone heard at this point is just a rumor and nothing else. If Arc Systems made an announcement like that everyone would know about it

BlazBlue is Aksys now, right?
GG is Sega now.

Blazblue seems like the SF4, GG seems like S3.

Blazblue after about an hour of play, I'll probably be able to get basics and a few combos down.
GG, I've been playing the game on and off for about a year (not like I play SC4) and I still can't get even the earliest advanced tactics down. Doesn't help that I play Chipp, but still...

Is that because of my lack of skill in 2D fighters? Absolutely, I'm total garbage at them. But with practice, I've been getting better at STHD, and I improved slightly in BlazBlue before getting slaughtered by people more experienced in the arcade.

BlazBlue is Aksys now, right?
GG is Sega now.

ArcSys not Aksys.
Aksys is the company that localizes all the ArcSys games.
GG rights are owned by Sega now, yes.

V-13 looks really really cool, now I'm unsure if I will main her or Rachel, although I'm playing them both.

Back