Bloodborne in two weeks

I'm aware we still don't know lot of things about the game we don't know which costumes we will find and we don't know all the weapons yet.

But we have a clearly idea of the setting and wich are more or less the kind stuff we can find and we know the possible origins

So...do you have any idea of what are you gonna do with your character or just improvise depending of what you find in the game?

At first my idea is to make some kind of ex-convict from an assylum in a fashion similar to Mukuro (Last Blade), the mc of Nighmare creatures 2 or those guys from the Bastille in DS2

I'm liking the way the lobby works.
If you don't want to get teamed up with scrubs, you can create a password so you only battle bosses with friends or trusted hunters.

Ok, so I'm getting this game and I want everything that's in the Collectors Edition. But I want to download the game.
Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that this isn't a more common option with a lot of games?

There are lot of strange things with digital game, I still don't understand it cost the same that phisical format despite not having printing/distribution costs, I don't understand either how costing the same tan the phisical copy the license of the downloable versión is far more limited. And I don't understand what a game installation needs more space than the full game in digital.

Played it a bit.

-Dumb AI is still dumb. Even the enemies that are supposed to be smart still accidentally suicide off cliffs.
-Highly recommend using firearms as much as possible. Early enemies are weak to them, and bullets really aren't that scarce. You can buy them in shops and find a ton off bodies.
-The transforming weapons mechanic is pretty cool, but the novelty fades pretty fast when you find that a few weapons have crappy attack animations.
-New dodge mechanics are nice.
-Lots of animation reuse from the Dark Souls games. Sawblade copies a lot of the longsword animations, as does the kirkhammer.
-You're beefier in the early game compared to Dark Souls. Boosting defense does seem to have some effect this time around. Note, however I played a copy that does not have the day 1 patch so I don't know it this'll change on launch.
-Shard items used for upgrading weapons are plentiful. Very plentiful, in fact, so you don't have the horde them and focus on one weapon anymore. You can upgrade all your weapons and experiment and try out the ones you like the best. This definitely encourages more experimentation and subtly discourages hording.
-You'll be fighting crowds of enemies (at least early on) compared to Dark Souls which focused largely on one-on-one encounters. Most early trick weapons and firearms have crowd-control attacks for dealing with these larger hordes. There are still larger singular enemies, and they're as beefy and as dangerous as ever, luckily they don't punish you as severely as dark souls when you mistime a dodge.
-Backstabs and Ripostes are gone, replaced with the new firearm mechanics. Firing your gun takes a certain number of Quicksilver bullets (1-3 so far) and can stagger weaker or low defense monsters. You then rush in with a melee attack and do a powerful critical hit on the staggered enemy. Even bigger enemies can fall to this. I don't quite know what stat triggers the possibility of stagger on tougher monsters/high defense monsters, but you can stagger them with your gun too. Just takes some patience and effort.
-No magic as far as I got, but lots of useful items (throwing knives, enchantment tags, molotov cocktails, etc). Not quite as overpowering in the early game as they were in Dark Souls, though.

That's all I got. I don't have the game, and I doubt I'll be able to play it again anytime soon, so there you go. As an FYI, I don't know what the secret mechanic is, but I'm guessing it might be some kind of vampire form. Lots of subtle Van Helsing references.

The secret mechanic is the rumored "beast mode" there are pepole playing and there is a "transformation" bar/stat, but it seems some people filled the bad and still nothing happened, so people thinks it requires something else.

Here's the last boss I fought, Vicar Amelie.

I'm guessing this guy didn't power up his gun, it is possible to stagger her for a critical hit. His damage seems awfully low for this fight.

Got the game today...during an hour and a half I didn't know how to level up LOL First boss was easy but I got killed like 20-25 times before finding the shortcut.

Game is great, but 80% of the times I died was because the camera didn't let me see and stucket against a Wall or the furniture or because the camera gone mad following the gods, I lost count of how many torches burned me from angles I didn't even see.

Beat the Blood Starved Beast last night. I'm rocking a Rifle Spear and Blade of Mercy at the moment. I'm either gonna go fight the Witch or fight those two NPCs that are in the right path before the Vicar Amelia stairs.

Beat the Blood Starved Beast last night. I'm rocking a Rifle Spear and Blade of Mercy at the moment. I'm either gonna go fight the Witch or fight those two NPCs that are in the right path before the Vicar Amelia stairs.
I honestly expected you to be further than that... Are you on NG+?

Anyways, Blade of Mercy is the shit.

I honestly expected you to be further than that... Are you on NG+?

I reached Yahar'gul village after killing that spider boss in the Moonside Lake when I was told that I missed the Blood Starved Beast battle. Can't do everything in order man.

Right now I'm trying to fuck up the Amygdala boss.

I reached Yahar'gul village after killing that spider boss in the Moonside Lake when I was told that I missed the Blood Starved Beast battle. Can't do everything in order man.

Right now I'm trying to fuck up the Amygdala boss.
I see... Also, just for FYI, if you want to complete the sidequests and shit, don't kill the giant spider.

Everyone plays so fast, not only here, in all fórums I'm...surprised at my slow pace, I'm like 10 hours in the game, just reached Vicar Amelia and didn't even explored the Old Yarhman zone, LOL

BTW, checked a guide to see how to get the crow costume...aren't the hidden things in this game a bit too hidden? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to things thrown at my face but you have to find 2 hidden paths to talk a character TWICE (one is not enough) then talk with a non related NPC then open a door, then...just to be able to purchase the ítems in the Messenger. Damn it, how are you suposed to guess all that?

Back