CAS hitting power

alexbib

[08] Mercenary
How do you find the trade-off between damage and range when choosing height? Is it worth it doing less damage to gain a little bit of range? Obviously this is not relevant to tournaments, but I'm having lots of fun creating and using CAS, so I'd like to know.

Thanks,
Alex

I haven't noticed very much of a difference at all. One of my characters, White Star, has the smallest body but she uses SIegfried's style and still hits hard and another of mine, Golden Light, uses the tallest body and Nightmares style and doesnt seem to be doing any more than usual.

I haven't noticed very much of a difference at all. One of my characters, White Star, has the smallest body but she uses SIegfried's style and still hits hard and another of mine, Golden Light, uses the tallest body and Nightmares style and doesnt seem to be doing any more than usual.
Nightmare's default height is the tallest, it has the star over it. :P

The shorter the character the more power, but less range. A taller character gets more range, less power. In Sigfried's case IIRC he already has max power(could be wrong though) so making a shorter CaS with his style wouldn't be able to change anything.

Personally I haven't paid attention to the damage info on my CaS' to see what the difference is/if there's any at all. I guess I'll get around to doing that sometime~

I was hoping they would apply this trade-off. I'm so glad they did. Finally, something according to my optimistic predictions. And does the equipment affect the stats, too? Kinda like in SC4...

Heights affect certain attacks though. I made a Pyrrha CaS with Nightmares height and she whiffed on some combos that normal or recommended height hit. I've also noticed a couple times online where some CaS characters that used the shortest body height were able to hit me with certain moves that I could crouch on the normal sized characters.

Heights affect certain attacks though. I made a Pyrrha CaS with Nightmares height and she whiffed on some combos that normal or recommended height hit. I've also noticed a couple times online where some CaS characters that used the shortest body height were able to hit me with certain moves that I could crouch on the normal sized characters.

This is a big problem.
______

About equipment stats, I loved them. :(

Building a powerful character for Tower of Lost Souls was awesome, specially when I'd gain new equipment and try new combinations to try to upgrade the characters. And if people (sometimes myself) didn't want the effects, they could just play VS Standard or Arcade.

Some characters, ala Viola, are set to have their CaS styled characters at the shortest height. Not sure if that's who you were referring too but for some its a requirement.

lol the star only means "recommended" height for that style

unless you're saying that the fifth height to the farthest right is the tallest
It is indeed the tallest you can make a CaS, if it went any further we would be seeing Asta height Pyrrahs. lol

Some characters, ala Viola, are set to have their CaS styled characters at the shortest height. Not sure if that's who you were referring too but for some its a requirement.
I was talking about characters that werent designed for the shortest height. If a character was designed short then the attacks that are to be crouched can be but if you have a character like Astaroth or someone that has horizontal attacks that you can duck, then its a problem when someone makes a CaS at the shortest height using Asty's style cause those same horizontals that you can duck on the defwult Asty height can hit you.

This is just an example, I don't actually know if this particular examplae is accurate.

I've got a quick question - is there any difference whatsoever between the default size CaS and the original character?

This is a big problem.
______

About equipment stats, I loved them. :(

Building a powerful character for Tower of Lost Souls was awesome, specially when I'd gain new equipment and try new combinations to try to upgrade the characters. And if people (sometimes myself) didn't want the effects, they could just play VS Standard or Arcade.

Completely agree. Character creation is a joke in this game. There are more options than ever, but none of them do a damn thing! What the hell? No strategy involved at all. Just dress-up dolls. Lame, lame, lame. Can't understand why so many reviews laud the CAS system but don't even mention this. That was one of the coolest things about SC IV to me, and this seems like a total step backward. Really disappointed they changed that.

Completely agree. Character creation is a joke in this game. There are more options than ever, but none of them do a damn thing! What the hell? No strategy involved at all. Just dress-up dolls. Lame, lame, lame. Can't understand why so many reviews laud the CAS system but don't even mention this. That was one of the coolest things about SC IV to me, and this seems like a total step backward. Really disappointed they changed that.
no actually im glad they removed that garbage system because u had to make ur characters look like clowns if u wanted them to be useful. now u can just focus on appearance, like it should of been from the beginning.

Back