Cass mirrors PSN

Chaos1x

[10] Knight
i have chosen Cassandra to be my designated tournament character.

If any one wants to play me on PSN ( cass v cass ) im down. people with offline experience preferred.

PSN name: Chaos1x

( "pros" only )

Just some friendly games to improve my cass skills ^^.

well i'm game. there aren't really any players on psn except woahhzz or xeph that get wins on me in cassy mirrors. lets do this!

other guys you might watch out for/challenge to some cassy battles: BEENEEWEENEES, bootyclap/TacticsOgre-, gakel86

i'm sure i'm missing some but yeah...

ok first you seem to have a pretty good grasp on her, mainly from playing algol. they are similar characters in that the two of them have the best backdash steps in the game. they also both heavily rely on backdash~bb/backdash~punish whiff, which you do quite well.

you need to learn to maximize her punishment. there are three options. after 236(B), you want to get in the habit of:

a)2bb8aa Max damage plus 1b/1a mixup on grounded
b)44b+k Good damage plus BT mixup with 2k and BT b+k
c)go for broke! 236:(B)~236:(B)~236:(B)~4bb:a My personal favorite. broken RO potential, great damage, great oki, great psychological weapon.

abuse her 66b+g throw! remember it only has an 8 frame break window, whereas other grabs are 14 frames. after it you have options. i use 4b~236b because it is like 70 DMG if they stay grounded and tech traps for about 85 DMG if they get up. also you can 4bb:a for RO or wallsplat, or play with 4b~crouch throw tech trap tricks.

remember, and this is the most important thing, 236b is UNSAFE. online i couldn't really punish it, but offline expect to get punished hard if it gets blocked. you NEED to get out of the habit of just throwing it out on block. vints plays sophie well, and you can guarantee that he will 236b:4 after it every single time, and you will die fast.

on ring edge, you may have noticed how many ROs i got with 236ab. it is her best tech crouching move, so against the edge, it will beat aa, throw or any other high and give her a ring out. her other really great tech crouch is 2b+k.

there are lots of places she gets 4bb:a for free on counter hit. learn them and use them. some staples are:
CH 1k
CH 2b+k
CH 22aa

you never really gave me any reason to duck at all. that is a big mistake with cassy. you can abuse 33k/33kk/33ka+k/33k~throw or 1k, and also abuse her great throw game. in my opinion her throw game is topped only by ivy and astaroth. it is one of her best strengths. use it to force me to duck so you can get out her big play mids such as 33b, 66b, 66a.

finally, learn where to force frame advantage. abuse them. on block ak gives + frames. on hit, everything from aa (which is i13, very good on hit, and good damage) to 66a (which leaves her at LOL plus 6 or 8 i think. her wrK also gives great + frames.

finally, don't make the mistake of doing 4bb:a after every launcher. it is a bad choice. mess around in practice mode. 4bb:a can often be AC'd away. for example, after CH 3b or WR b, don't go straight to 4bb:a. do 236:(B) first, and it will jail them in the air and make 4bb:a guaranteed. being new to cassandra, i would recommend getting into the habit of finishing launchers off with 66a+b at first. it still gives good damage and RO potential, but it isn't as tricky as hit confirming 4bb:a or 236:(B)~4bb:a into combos.

and don't let online ruin the idea of 1a for ya. as you know with algol 11a, it still works offline. it works very very well. don't let anybody tell you otherwise. just don't use it on psn. :P

well i hope this helps some. i tried to customize these tips to where they will help you most based on our games.

good luck. cassy is a really fun character. simple...to the point...deadly. cassy is great in that you go into a match, and your opponent knows exactly what you are going to do, and then you do it anyway. i look forward to some more mirrors. and learn that one frame 44bA:g~b+g flaming throw so you can be awesome like me!

Lobo thanks a lot for the tips. you where my first opponent as Cassandra. most of the times i would simply not know what to do. But all in all i really like the character.

Im willing to put in that work and learn as much as i can about her. when i went in practice i just tried to get the just frames down. i can do 236:(B) just about 80% of the time now. Any way i look forward to more cass mirrors.

Ps: I cant believe 236b is unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it unsafe even if you hold b or get the just frame?

Lobo thanks a lot for the tips. you where my first opponent as Cassandra. most of the times i would simply not know what to do. But all in all i really like the character.

Im willing to put in that work and learn as much as i can about her. when i went in practice i just tried to get the just frames down. i can do 236:(B) just about 80% of the time now. Any way i look forward to more cass mirrors.

Ps: I cant believe 236b is unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it unsafe even if you hold b or get the just frame?

Yea they both unsafe bra... Every 236 thing you do with cassy is unsafe cept for K

I think 236{B} is -16... 236B -19? 236A,B is -a shit load LoL

I know with yoshi I get a:B+K off her 236{B} and 6K2K off her 236B and 3B off her 236A,B

236B is scariest in cass mirrors since a blocked 236B can be punished for big shit by an opposing 236B. i'm free tonight if you wanna do some cass mirros chaos, send me a PSN request

i agree with a lot of what lobo said; gotta quit throwing 236B out there so much.
a pattern i started to notice and tried to capitalize on -- after every 4BB, you'd go for 2K. mix that shit up with other stuff (236B, maybe 44B+K, 8A+K, etc)

i often throw out 44K out when i play cassy but it's not the best move, it whiffs a lot and can be stepped on reaction if used too often, but the pushback + oki +44B:A opportunity off of it is great if it connects infront of a wall. if it's a move you decide you like, use it sparingly.

i also fucking love 2B+K. it's fast, tech crouches all highs and many mids, safe, and leads to 4BB:A/crouch throw/oki mix-ups. use it more. also use your B+K more if you anticipate a low or verticle. the sisters' B+K has great evasive properties... it's -14, but people won't often try to punish it for fear of the follow-up B.

i don't think i once saw you complete the 66B+G 4BB:A combo, whether it was intentional or you couldn't get your A to come out. i had problems with getting my jf A out of many combos with strict timing earlier on, and the best advice i have for connecting your combo after 66B+G is to delay your 4BB:A slightly. do your throw, watch them start to fall, and then input the 4B before they hit the ground. it'll make the timing easier to get down.

also, you need to learn the full 33B combo if you're going to try to end it with 4BB:A. (33B A+B 236:B 4BB:A) it's one of her toughest combos but does a ton of dmg if you can get the full thing down. alternately, i'd suggest going for 33B B+K 236B, which still does a good amount of dmg, or 33B A+B 66A+B, which'll combo into 4BB:A if you land it infront of a wall or ledge.

mix up your throws more. 66B+G is great but for the first several games, it was just about the only one you were using. it looked like you became aware of this later on.

last thing i can remember is about throwing your 8K out. 8K has a sneaky sneaky tech crouch at the start and end of its animation but it isn't safe at all; just be wary of that.

all this aside, ggs. i have faith that you can make her the beast she truly is!

quick edit to reinforce this point:
finally, don't make the mistake of doing 4bb:a after every launcher. it is a bad choice. mess around in practice mode. 4bb:a can often be AC'd away. for example, after CH 3b or WR b, don't go straight to 4bb:a. do 236:(B) first, and it will jail them in the air and make 4bb:a guaranteed. being new to cassandra, i would recommend getting into the habit of finishing launchers off with 66a+b at first.

this is completely true and something you should take into account as a beginning cassy. if you truly want 4BB:A to hit, they either need to be grounded, stunned, or have just been launched from 236:B. ANYTHING else can usually be AC'd. you can get stuff like WR B 4BB:A to connect if you time the 4B with the opponent hitting the ground, but it's risky. you're better off with 66A+B or going for your two 236:B.

Since you're not usin' intentional lag; I'm down for some Cassandra mirrors; I'll send you the friend request.

I practiced doing 4BB:A to the point that i could do it at least 90% of the time. Online fucked me up sooo much.

Any gg's/thanks to Lobo / Beenewenees ( cant spell your name by memory ) / Dino . you where the first 3 i played with using my cass.

i have to say she looks like the perfect character to main for me.

Im gonna put in that work and take her to the next lv.

Ps: Cass mirrors have helped me a lot.

I practiced doing 4BB:A to the point that i could do it at least 90% of the time. Online fucked me up sooo much.

Any gg's/thanks to Lobo / Beenewenees ( cant spell your name by memory ) / Dino . you where the first 3 i played with using my cass.

i have to say she looks like the perfect character to main for me.

Im gonna put in that work and take her to the next lv.

Ps: Cass mirrors have helped me a lot.
Was good; I'm online right now. I notice I just missed you, but if you're down, we can get some games in right now?

Good Games, Chaos1x;
Never thought I'd say that. Anyways...
Good to see you not use 1A online; but, Cassandra's 1A can work offline, so just remember it's a good tool via offline, like Lobo said.

Pretty much everyone's on point; stop throwing 236, 236(b) out so much. Though, you did well with spacing it out sometimes; so keep on THAT. Also, use it for a punisher. It's her best, though you can't really punish online; worth a try, I got it off a few times. Uhm, like Beeneeweenees said, practice your 4bb:A. In fact, just Mash 'A'. That's what I do, I have no god damn shame :).

Other than that, you still have a lot of bad habits due to online play. You still use 2a on GRD to grab as if it were a frame trap. Single B's and Single A's into 236B as well; Sometimes that shit does work offline, and online when we played today, a few times it would've caught me like it did... however, I had to staple it in my brain that if you do 2a, I'll have to try and interrupt with BB; which got more solid in the end of our games.

Also, I hope you caught on to use 1k more; it's pretty much her best low, aside maybe 33k. And don't be afraid to use FC 1B from time to time; it's a good low. I notice you caught on to the massive grabbing as well; which is good. keep at it, and hit me up for some more games later.

Good Games, Chaos1x;
Never thought I'd say that. Anyways...
Good to see you not use 1A online; but, Cassandra's 1A can work offline, so just remember it's a good tool via offline, like Lobo said.

Pretty much everyone's on point; stop throwing 236, 236(b) out so much. Though, you did well with spacing it out sometimes; so keep on THAT. Also, use it for a punisher. It's her best, though you can't really punish online; worth a try, I got it off a few times. Uhm, like Beeneeweenees said, practice your 4bb:A. In fact, just Mash 'A'. That's what I do, I have no god damn shame :).

Other than that, you still have a lot of bad habits due to online play. You still use 2a on GRD to grab as if it were a frame trap. Single B's and Single A's into 236B as well; Sometimes that shit does work offline, and online when we played today, a few times it would've caught me like it did... however, I had to staple it in my brain that if you do 2a, I'll have to try and interrupt with BB; which got more solid in the end of our games.

Also, I hope you caught on to use 1k more; it's pretty much her best low, aside maybe 33k. And don't be afraid to use FC 1B from time to time; it's a good low. I notice you caught on to the massive grabbing as well; which is good. keep at it, and hit me up for some more games later.

gg's as well. i think my biggest problem is that i dont know / feel comfortable with her yet. a lot of times i would not know how to react with her in a situation and end up blocking.

For reasons not known to me, those where some of the most grab heavy games i have ever been in.

But yea thanks i learned some nice strings from all of you.

Going to my first offline gathering today, ill let you guys know how i did. I plan on playing nothing but cass.

I went in practice for hours and i can say that now i feel comfortable in doing 236:(B)~236:(B)~236:(B)~4bb:a when i feel like it. ive never played a character that was so heavy on just frames, so i kinda learned for the first time with her.

In conclusion, I think im going to like cass a lot more then algol. STEP FTW.

Back