Cassandra General Discussions and Impressions

@Force_of_Nature At least for SC6, Discords seem to have almost fully displaced the forums at this point. It's actually a little sad, because the Discords are much worse at archiving and aggregating character content than the character forums are (or were, really). Nonetheless, the battle is already lost: the users and players have moved on to Discord now. I still remain active in the forums just to help keep the few lost souls who haven't moved on yet in the loop!

Blah blah blah I post too much. Anyway, useful new Cass info, hot off the presses!

A note on spending Divine Force (DF) at the end of the round:
Thanks to the effort of Drataks, we now have confirmation that spending DF charges AFTER THE ROUND ENDS does restore guard damage. This means that unlike other characters, Cass can't just goof off at the end of the round, if you want to be optimal. You need to spend any DF charge you have accumulated to restore your guard gauge.

Keep in mind, this also applies to ending the round in Soul Charge. If you end a round in SC, spam DF moves (DF 1A+B is recommended) to restore as much guard gauge as possible. You should be able to get between 2-4 DF moves off at the end of a round under these circumstances, meaning anywhere up to 40% of you guard gauge restored. As a corollary to this knowledge comes the inverse implication: do not spam moves that DRAIN your guard at the end of rounds, e.g. doing corpse abuse with 6B+K:A, re-launching stunned opponents with 66B+K, etc. You will lose guard, it will carry over to the next round, and you will regret doing it.

That is, uh, unless you're trying to set up LH FC 8K. I can't tell you how to live your life. You do you.

Back