Castle Fight Night X: The Grand Master Challenge

Cla

LET'S FIGHTING!
I'm not the one running this event, but I wanted to bring it to your attention since I don't think he knows about this site.

Original: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=164365
IcyCool said:
======3RD STRIKE, ULTIMATE MK3, AND MORTAL KOMBAT 2 HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PC VERSIONS, NO LONGER CONSOLE!!! PELICAN CONVERTERS WILL BE SUPPLIED FOR STICKS AND CONTROLLERS!!!=====

Hey guys, I'm pretty much coming out of left field with this one, but NEC has put me back in the mood of tournaments. Seeing as how Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 have reignited the arcade scene (somewhat), I feel that New Yorkers (and the usual out of state crews) should get together one more time at Castle Golf for a tournament before NEC in Decemeber.

Castle Golf
1878 Middle Country Rd
Centereach, NY 11720

(631) 471-1267

I have recently purchased another splitter, this one can split HD signals (while still keeping full quality). Because of this, if someone can provide 2 HD TVs (I know that someone brought them for Smash CFN8), I'll gladly split the signal and have a 2 TV setup for that. If not, we can use it for 3S or whatever gets the most entrants like usual.

Venue fee will be $10 and tournament fees will be $5. If equipment is brought, $5 will be taken off of venue fee. You can no longer enter tournaments for free. I had complaints about pots becoming too small because too many people entered for free.

Rules are subject to change, so PLEASE KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES!!!

The games being played in tournament will be as follows:

• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PC (nFBA Emulator)
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME)
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Alpha Anthology PS2)
  • Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (Dreamcast)

The following games will be held as side tournaments

• Mortal Kombat 2 (MAME)
  • Melty Blood (PC)

Registration for the first 3 games will start at 12 NOON and the tournaments will begin shortly after 1pm.

Whichever tournament gets more registrants will have 2 setups to ensure that everything runs quickly. Once these tournaments are done, I will begin registration for the other tournaments for 1 hour. Tournaments will begin shortly thereafter. Since only 3 tournaments will be run, I can record one game's Top 8 and burn it onto a DVD for whoever wants to make copies of it. You guys can even use my commentary setup if you wish, have a blast.

Since Castle Golf will be open for business, we will be restricted to the one party area and the outside area. The outside area, weather permitting, will be used for casuals. No tournaments will be run outside due to the possibility of glare. Because of the one room restriction, only 3 or 4 tournaments will be run at a time. Venue registration will be taken at the same time as tournament registration at the front counter by me. Mark is no longer involved with Castle Fight Night anymore. I will personally take registration money for both venue and tournament, compile a list of players in all games, and give the lists to the tournament runners so they can make the brackets.

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE STARTING DIRECTLY AFTER 12PM REGISTRATION=====

• Street Fighter Alpha 3
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • We will be using the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2
    • Standard tournament rules apply
    • Double Elimination
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, 3/5 Finals for both, 4/7 Grand Finals
    • Prize structure will be 70/20/10

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    • PLEASE NOTE that this tournament will probably run throughout the day, hence why it is starting early. I also received a few requests and complaints about it starting too late last time
    • Being run by Chris "doommachine15"
    • Double Elimination
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, Winners/Losers Finals 3/5, Grand Finals 4/7
    • 3 Stock, 7 Minute Limit
    • Ties Broken By Lives/Percentage
    • Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
    • Stages
      • Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
      • Battlefield
      • Final Destination
      • Smashville
      • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
      • Counterpicks Available:
        • Brainstar
        • Delfino Plaza
        • Frigate Orpheon
        • Norfair
        • Halberd
        • Jungle Japes
        • Lylat Cruise
        • Pokemon Stadium 1
        • Pokemon Stadium 2
        • Rainbow Cruise

• Updated!
      • Walking or Standing Chaingrabs are banned
      • Metaknight is Banned
    • General Rules
      • Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
        stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
      • Stage Banning: Each player/team may choose to eliminate any 2 stages.
      • Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
        random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
        change characters.
      • Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.
    • Other Rules & Special Issues
      • Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
        except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
        banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
        disqualified from the tournament.
      • Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
        third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
        are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
        use that controller any longer.
      • Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
        or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
        or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
        immediate forfeit of the match.
      • Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
        to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
        stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
        is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
        enforce this rule during a match.

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE STARTING ONCE THE EARLY TOURNAMENTS END (Around 4pm-5pm)=========

• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
    • Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEEEE
    • Two stations will be active during tournament, converting to a back to back setup for Top 8
    • Double Elimination
    • Top 8 will be recorded once again with commentary by Tinshi and whoever else wants to!

• Guilty Gear: Accent Core
    • Being run by Mike/KayinNasaki
    • Double elimination

• Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • Double elimination

• Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    • Being run by Sean/Vizard
    • Speed - Free select turbo 3
    • Gouki/Akuma is BANNED
    • Double Elimination, 2/3 until Finals, 3/5 Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE SIDE TOURNAMENTS AND WILL BE RUN WHEN ENOUGH PEOPLE ENTER!!!!=====

• Mortal Kombat 2
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • Throwing Disabled Option is BANNED
    • Double elimination

More rules and tournament runners to be added soon!

P.S.
For those of you who are wondering what happened to Castle Fight Night 9, it was run by someone else, but I don't want to confuse people, so I'm just moving onto 10.

See you there!
I actually used to live in Long Island and work at Castle Golf. I'm the one who started the Castle Fight Nights back in April '07. I'm glad to see the person I passed the torch onto running a new event since I got a car.

Anyways, hope to see SC repped hard. I'll bring at least 1 TV, my 360, and 1 Hori stick. I got XBLA SC1 and Xbox1 SC2 if anyone's interested in casuals.

EDIT: Soulcalibur action is currently cancelled. But I'll make sure at the least casuals go down. If I can make it there.

Not that anyone cared about this tournament, but this has been pushed back to 11/15. The CJ tournament is that day, so I know I won't be going tot his.

Damn. Well, that again kills my chance at finally showing up to CJ. I want to play the pros here in NJ but I have long history with Castle Golf and the LI community. Plus, I look forward to playing other games as well. Particularly looking forward to Alpha 3 and 3s. Not to mention I don't know when/if the next Castle Fight Night will be but I know I can assume there will be another CJ in December.

Well, if you're closer to NJ and all you want is SC4, obvious you'll be going to CJ this day. Nothing wrong with that. But if you're in the NY/LI area or want to play a diverse roster of games, consider CFNX.

Still not even sure if I'll be at CFNX. Looking for a ride since I don't trust my car to make the trip. Anyone from NJ going? South/central specifically or otherwise willing to pick me up in Riverside. Money will be paid for gas of course. And there is a 99% chance I can borrow a friend's GPS device to further aid us.

According to the above post, if you can't get a ride to CFNX but you CAN get a ride to CrookedJester's tourney, you would have nothing stopping you from going to CrookedJester's tourney.

Sound about right?

If I can't go to CFNX but it is possible for me to get to CJ, of course I'll go to CJ. Believe me, I'm anxious to meet and play the typical CJ crew. But I've been waiting for a Castle Fight Night since I left Long Island exactly 1 year ago. (10/25/07) There had been a couple (like 3), but this is the first time I may actually have a chance to get there.

If I go, it's probably gonna have to be through public transit. But coming from central NJ, I don't even know how to begin heading towards the LIRR.

According to the above post, if you can't get a ride to CFNX but you CAN get a ride to CrookedJester's tourney, you would have nothing stopping you from going to CrookedJester's tourney.

Sound about right?

He's in south Jersey, Long Island is at LEAST twice the distance from him as Jay's place is, if he's way the fuck south. At LEAST twice the distance.

He's not gonna show up for our tournies, man.

If I go, it's probably gonna have to be through public transit. But coming from central NJ, I don't even know how to begin heading towards the LIRR.

looks like you have to take the riverline up to trenton. from trenton to NYC penn station LIRR. then penn station out to smithtown where i could pick you up

Map for NJ
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

NJ Transit
http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=HomePageTo

map for LI
http://www.mta.info/lirr/html/lirrmap.htm

LIRR
http://www.mta.info/lirr/

KowTow, stop acting like I'm afraid of you and the CJ crew. It's one thing to want respect but you're getting way too full of yourself when you start wanting fear. I'll show the fuck up when it's convenient and possible. I'm not going to explain my decision for prioritizing CFNX over NovemberCJ again.

Thanks for the info, Orionics. Now another issue I have with transit is timing. Apparently, the SC4 tourney is starting at 1pm, so to make it in time, I would have to probably leave pretty damn early. Plus I'd have to leave the event itself very early as well. Not really looking to spend money on a hotel for 2 nights over this. If I (and my girl would also be coming) can find somewhere to stay on Friday and Saturday night, I think we'd be all set to go. Hopefully someone who remembers me would be willing to house us. Maybe even Lance, the owner of Castle Golf. I'll see what I can do.

KowTow, stop acting like I'm afraid of you and the CJ crew. It's one thing to want respect but you're getting way too full of yourself when you start wanting fear. I'll show the fuck up when it's convenient and possible. I'm not going to explain my decision for prioritizing CFNX over NovemberCJ again.

You're the one who started calling me out over some dumb shit, and now this is two months straight you've conveniently found somewhere else to be.

Offer still stands, ft 5 for $20, loser pays double if they get swept. Don't even look at me unless you've got that cash in your hands. Not like you'll show up, anyway.

Well, scratch this event cause apparently he removed SC4 from the list due to lack of interest.

If I'm there, I'll bring a 360 and a TV and try to push for a SC4 tourney anyway. But this does hurt my interest a lot.

Oh, and I found a vid of what the Castle Fight Nights were like back in the very early days and when I was still running them.

This was recorded by PressStartComic.com in October '07. You see me on the left at the beginning standing, the person with the brown ponytail and green shirt watching the SC2 screen. This was #4, and the last one I did before I left NY. The person in the white shirt playing SC2 with the giant stick is IcyCool, the one who has the torch now. CFN has grown a lot over the year.

Well anyways, I don't know what's gonna happen now. I really wanna see a CFN again but so much random bs hurting my chances. I'll just have to see what happens.

Back