Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

Hey guys, remember back in SC4 with a certain 421 kB:B glitch? It's back!

Apparently it occurs when DC K is done when the opponent is behind Cervantes. It's an unblockable gunshot. 75 damage on an airborne. 66 on back-turned opponents. 63 when the opponent is side-turned. Don't know on front. Although it's not shown, it IS possible to quick step into it. I couldn't recreate in the video.

Hey guys, remember back in SC4 with a certain 421 kB:B glitch? It's back!

Apparently it occurs when DC K is done when the opponent is behind Cervantes. It's an unblockable gunshot. 75 damage on an airborne. 66 on back-turned opponents. 63 when the opponent is side-turned. Don't know on front. Although it's not shown, it IS possible to quick step into it. I couldn't recreate in the video.

This isn't a glitch. 0_o Just to make that clear... It's ment to normally counter out things like Rapheals Teleport.
But hey thank you for letting us know they didn't take it out. lol that would suck so bad if they did though.

@ Franman. I don't think the random flashes come from a counter or from your power. I check it and it has nothing to do with either... Anyone else wanna give it a try?

The Question was : Why is it that there are flashes on weapons sometimes when you do them?

Btw still wanna know are there more then just the 3 Just frames?

after 5h or so with cerv i found that 22/88+B and 99/33+B doing those flashes, if u hit it just frame the second 8 or 2 + B it flashes and is a cleane hit with increased damage, the same goes with the other move

after 5h or so with cerv i found that 22/88+B and 99/33+B doing those flashes, if u hit it just frame the second 8 or 2 + B it flashes and is a cleane hit with increased damage, the same goes with the other move

Haha wow so these are hidden steps? I haven't looked into sence I just got the answer, but do other characters have this to? This is new correct? I don't remember the other SC's having this. This is pretty cool. :)

By the way I tried out 33B and when you Just frame it : 65 Total dmg. Normal : 52 Total dmg. lol crazy stuff.

Hey, guys. I'm new to using Cervy, and I'm trying to accelerate the learning curve as much as possible.
The problem I'm having is that I'm doing with him what I find I often do when learning a new character and that is I have a heavy reliance on combos without much use of the movelist itself.
That being understood.
Here's the question!

What are my goals as Cervantes?

This question may sound vague, so I'm going to phrase it in another way:
What are Cervantes' strengths? I feel if I have a good enough idea as to what I WANT to be doing with him, I will use moves and tactics towards the effect. (Call me Mr. Captain Obvious)

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Hey, guys. I'm new to using Cervy, and I'm trying to accelerate the learning curve as much as possible.
The problem I'm having is that I'm doing with him what I find I often do when learning a new character and that is I have a heavy reliance on combos without much use of the movelist itself.
That being understood.
Here's the question!

What are my goals as Cervantes?

This question may sound vague, so I'm going to phrase it in another way:
What are Cervantes' strengths? I feel if I have a good enough idea as to what I WANT to be doing with him, I will use moves and tactics towards the effect. (Call me Mr. Captain Obvious)

Thank you very much in advance!!!

1. Know that Cervantes is alot slower then the other characters when it comes to 8wayrun/Side/Guard step.
2. Knowing how to trigger (GDR: Geo Da Ray) is a big role in playing Cervantes when it comes to combos.
3. Learn his moves that take less recovery rate for short range battles.
That's my advice.
Honestly some of the people here may think I'm talking out of my ass. But as an experianced player I think it's good advice.

Alright. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you! anyone else have tips for this scrub?

I edited my post to what I told you before about the name of Geo Da Ray.
I would like to tell you in a different form of what I mean.
@Sephalump you'll have to forgive me for doing this. lol

Cervantes is a very well-rounded character with strong throws, great lunchers, and very strong combo potential. He can be very effective at almost any range; his damage gives him the ability to match Mitsurugi in close combat and his long range options can even give Astaroth trouble. His versatility extends to strong defensive play as well, thanks to his multiple useful auto-GI attacks. His offensive focus is squarely on landing 3B and controling movement with his excellent anti-step attacks such as 3A+B and 22 or 88AA Cervantes true strength, however, lies in his Geo Da Ray Conclusion (GDRC), which allows him to deal incredible damage in combos and as punishment. It's not an easy attack to perform, but it's well worth the practice to have an attack this powerful at your command whenever the opportunity arises to use it.

P.S. Do you play Xbox or PS3?
Either one my Tag is: WingedPirate

Soooo, bA is my new favourite move for Cervantes :P
While on its own its i18, -15 to A's and -13 to B/K's, it stuns on hit for an iGDR followup for 45 dmg which is aight. However when the auto GI activates Cervy gets at LEAST +44 making ridiculous stuff possible to connect, like DC B (yeah normal GDR) and 44A+B (i44).
It is a little gimmicky, but alot of ppl no matter what lvl of gameplay will fall for a 3K punish and get owned for nothing lol.

So, one of the great things about GI being binded to meter (I think), is that it increases the value of Auto-GI moves. Generally speaking, what do you guys feel are the best ways to bait people into eating A+B/B+K?

you get to -8/-10 depending your opponent and you throw em lol.
Check the frame data to see the ridiculous active frames they got :P

22A A+B+K Has a chance to do guarntee damage after impact from opp guard. You can do 6K or K right after. lol it's not much but I think there may be more you can do. I just don't what the moves are. This only work btw if you are on barrier touch for opponent or there back is aginst the wall.

I think i might have found sth. I think the plinking method of street fighter works here aswell because i get much higher success rate on iGDR with the following way.
By inputing 214bG the game records:
down, downback, back+B, back+B+G pretty much making the window for the jf a frame bigger. That, or its all in my mind.
Anyone care to confirm?

I think i might have found sth. I think the plinking method of street fighter works here aswell because i get much higher success rate on iGDR with the following way.
down, downback, back+B, back+B+G pretty much making the window for the jf a frame bigger. That, or its all in my mind.
Anyone care to confirm?
wow i dont know if u have more frames or whatever, but this method increased my iGDR rate sooooo much, i am a pad user and it was so hard to time the 4 perfectly with the B, but pressing G as fast as possible helped with the timing a lot. thx

Anyone care to confirm?

So wait this is a glitch? lol

Not necessarily a glitch, just makes your life easier. By rolling from b to G, if you timed it right you get an iGDR, but if you were too slow, instead of a slow, and potentially fatal normal GDR, it cancels the stance. You'll still get hit in the face by a smart opponent, but at least you won't send yourself flying off the edge.

Back