Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

I used to search function to look for this, and didn't get any results.

What move do you use to knock natsu out of hover? can you 8b+k her?
I believe this works? ...idk, never tried. I've WS B+k'd her and igdr but both are risky and require quick execution or you might clash with something like her POS 8+b. You kinda have to anticipate it just to counter it. I've heard with good timing b2 works as well, but again I've never tried it.

I used to search function to look for this, and didn't get any results.

What move do you use to knock natsu out of hover? can you 8b+k her?
Hover doesn't have many evasive frames. You can hit her with a lot of attacks that it looks like she's floating over. I wouldn't be surprised if you could 66B her out of it.

By extension, the lack of TJ frames in the stance means 8B+K or B2 wouldn't be particularly great options here.

hmm, I've tried a number of different options. She seems to go over 3b. During evasive frames is she completely immune to everything? or is this just an issue of me not striking the location where she is?

Can anyone tell me how to do the just for tornado swell?
If by Tornado Swell you mean WR B+K there is no just version.
iGDR changes to a version of it after your opponent is hit by iGDR. It will also randomly do it against tech jumping attacks.

Legendary Souls Cervantes AI is capable of punishing -16 moves with iGDR. Any ideas as to how this is possible?

Legendary Souls Cervantes AI is capable of punishing -16 moves with iGDR. Any ideas as to how this is possible?
This is interesting... I've always wondered if iGDR could be performed faster than it is listed in his frame data. Like how it seems impossible to do 3b, iGDR, iGDR and have the second one relaunch, yet the AI does it very often. As far as punishing goes, I had him punish the 6b BE with iGDR before, but that's about it.

This is interesting... I've always wondered if iGDR could be performed faster than it is listed in his frame data. Like how it seems impossible to do 3b, iGDR, iGDR and have the second one relaunch, yet the AI does it very often. As far as punishing goes, I had him punish the 6b BE with iGDR before, but that's about it.
It is only because the AI can do it perfectly every time. The relaunch on the second iGDR from that only happens when both iGDRs are performed as fast as possible. So since the AI in legendary souls never fucks up iGDR and doesn't have to worry about buffering issues like we do it gets the relaunch fairly often.

What move was it punishing?
I do know that it's frame data changes depending on the distance e.g. you can't punish Sieg 66B at tip range with iGDR because iGDR is to slow at that range.

What move was it punishing?
I do know that it's frame data changes depending on the distance e.g. you can't punish Sieg 66B at tip range with iGDR because iGDR is to slow at that range.
Aeon's 66K. I messed around with trying to punish it in training and couldn't get it to work, but he was definitely punishing it in LS.

Aeon's 66K. I messed around with trying to punish it in training and couldn't get it to work, but he was definitely punishing it in LS.
Maybe iGDR was faster pre patch and LS cervy is still running on pre patch stuff?

I don't think it's that. I tested it enough times that I should have gotten it to work if it does. Maybe there's 1 frame of Cerv being in DC before iGDR occurs that the AI isn't affected by because it doesn't have to execute the move normally.

the A.I does it 1 frame faster even while executing the move normally

what i mean is, if you record iGDR, then put the dummy on 1st action block, 2nd action attack, you can easily make Cerv punish -16 moves

i remember wasting some dozens of tries wondering why i couldn't manually punish pyrrha's 3B with iGDR

it's just a weird cpu bug, i can't see any VS mode application (btw it doesn't work with pyrrhas iSTAB, but come to think of it, i didn't try other stances.. alpha maybe?)

Hi guys, first time poster, loooooong time cervy: I swear ive gotten the hang of almost every cervy just and wall combo possible but one trick of his has always eluded me....BT DC, i know its possible and its an amazing trick with the backwards gunshot of BT DC K. Ive seen people do it after a normal 2/8GDR and a 9A+B(hold). Has anyone else here seen it and/or performed it that can help me out? i dunno if there's some trick to it but i cannot get it for the life of me.

Thanks!

Hi guys, first time poster, loooooong time cervy: I swear ive gotten the hang of almost every cervy just and wall combo possible but one trick of his has always eluded me....BT DC, i know its possible and its an amazing trick with the backwards gunshot of BT DC K. Ive seen people do it after a normal 2/8GDR and a 9A+B(hold). Has anyone else here seen it and/or performed it that can help me out? i dunno if there's some trick to it but i cannot get it for the life of me.

Thanks!
I've done this a few times from BT while pressing G to turn around into iGDR as fast as I can. It almost seems like a glitch with a small window to perform, like his 3k/4kk, BT B+K stuff.

BT DC is not possible to my knowledge. Whenever it occurs its either because of some glitchy camera turning, the air control of the opponent or if your opponent gets behind you while you enter DC. You cant just be in BT and then go into DC from there afaik.

Also you are wasting your time since this is 100% useless in a match. The only way to get it from time to time is if you sacrifice damage after 3B e.g by doing the 8A+B combo, then hope your opponents lands behind you while you automatically transistion into DC.

Back