Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

Yes, 44A+B fits into the GI Window of a bA Slide, it it pretty imba risk reward imo.

What im not sure is if it can be done in match since the 44A+B requires you to be super fast with the input, not much time to confirm the GI. But i think its doable.

It works 100%, however i will say that out of the 20-30 attempts it connected about 3-4 times for me and i tried all kinds of silly shit, its a pretty tight window...could even be considered a just frame and the most difficult one at that. Best bet is probably facing near a wall due to the height or facing towards a ring edge, for sure a good thing to know.

It works 100%, however i will say that out of the 20-30 attempts it connected about 3-4 times for me and i tried all kinds of silly shit, its a pretty tight window...could even be considered a just frame and the most difficult one at that. Best bet is probably facing near a wall due to the height or facing towards a ring edge, for sure a good thing to know.

Try it more. I could easily connect it. Bear in mind once Cervys does the GI he can basically instantly attack, there is no blockstun, nothing. Try inputing 44A+B the moment of the impact or even slightly before, its not that hard to do, you just dont know the timing yet :)

Hmm, maybe so, but i was having some trouble with it, my last 10 or so attempts i was doing it exactly at the point of impact( GI impact sound) and got it one time during the last few attempts that way... do i want to at least buffer the first 4 in 4,4 during that time, or wait until it impacts/hear the sound THEN do all the inputs? just got home from work so i haven't had that time yet to try it more.

EDIT: NVM, not a problem anymore :)

Last edited:
It was known. It's just a waste of meter except if you're definitely going to win with that. (I rarely see people ever use B+G/33B > CE 2x)

how do you do BT B+K from front facing? I remember there was a move that can cancel into BT B+K, but I keep forgetting it.

EDIT, finally found it again... 1B+K G BT B+K. how fast can you get into the right moment to do the BT B+K? it seems to take quite a bit of time before you go into backturned state.

I also noticed that 3K/4KK also does similar thing, but it isn't a combo string. is it worth doing BT B+K after 3K?

Last edited:
When you're in the 1b+k animation press g+b+k. You can also press b+g or a+g to cancel the ub in the respective throw.

Are there other moves that can combo from Ch 1A:B other than iGDR and metered GDR? I was hoping 3B would work, but it's techable.

I feel extremely noob-ish asking this, but is 6B+K ever actually worth using?
I use Cervy's Critical Edge after 44A+B ~ 8B+K x2 ~ CE x2, and I sort of want to find a way to connect 6B+K, through probably not in a combo such as this.

I use Cervy's Critical Edge after 44A+B ~ 8B+K x2 ~ CE x2, and I sort of want to find a way to connect 6B+K, through probably not in a combo such as this.

Only if you're far away enough from them to not get punished and/or you want some form of meter (though 8 B+K is better for that). Once in a while you get lucky and it hits if theres lag. You can use it against Siegfrieds or NMs who are holding 4 while in stance. I don't know of any combos that utilize 6 B+K mid combo. You can use it on someone next to a wall, and follow up with iGDRs depending on how close you are.

But if you want some fun gimmicky Cerv tech, you can use 33 A followed by 44
A+Bh.png
. I call it the scrub stomper. As indicated by 0:50 on this humorous match.

Last edited:
It's only a few frames worse than 2A in terms of whiff recovery, so even if it rarely ever hits it can be used to keep the opponent honest at long ranges (e.g. if he's messing around in stances or whiffing to build meter).

Are there other moves that can combo from Ch 1A:B other than iGDR and metered GDR? I was hoping 3B would work, but it's techable.

3B and 2A+B work in the corner, you can step forward and do 2A+B too if you quick enough IIRC. 9B+K and 44K work but can be teched in certain directions.

Good for whiff punishing as already said and keeping your distance. Cervy can whiff punish 6B+K with it, also it's good to stop Tira from changing into gloomy.

A+Bh.png
. I call it the scrub stomper. As indicated by 0:50 on this humorous match.

[/MEDIA]

33a can be followed up with 33b if they don't tech, and 2[B+K] is a tech trap if they do.

A+Bh.png
. I call it the scrub stomper...

I like using 44A+B ~ 8B+K x2 ~ 3B ~ 2A+B
If I'm lucky I can get in a 22A > A+B+K afterwords.

Afterthought: Would tweaking it to the following be viable?

44A+B ~ 8B+K x2 ~ 4bA+B+K ~ 2A+B

Last edited:
How do you input Dread Charge so that I'm back turned ?

Also, as for 3K into BT B+K how you input this and are there any other move this do this too ?

How do you input Dread Charge so that I'm back turned ?

Also, as for 3K into BT B+K how you input this and are there any other move this do this too ?

Back turned dread charged can only be reliably inputted when you jump over the opponent after an attack that leaves an opponent grounded. There were two attacks that allowed for decent setups with BT DC. That was after his 4B BE > iGDR and WR B > iGDR. You could also use 8 A+B but that relied too much on the opponent being an idiot. To do it you must input 9 G and 214 very very quickly after the iGDR. This would allow you to pull off strange shenanigans like BT DC K gun shot. This is the only way you can ever BT gun shot somebody that actually knows what they're doing *cough Signia, Blue, Zane cough*. Its also very very consistent compared to other methods others would suggest.

When you do 3K you input the mapped CE button as much as you can. Just keep pressing that button. Like 3-4 times is enough. This was my best method in pulling off BT B+K often. And yes, 4K K followed by the CE button 3-6 times.

Last edited:
Back