Cervantes Tech Traps

3B, IGDR, B2, and then slighly delay ultra - catches back
(since (3B, iGDR, B2, 3A catches front, right, left) you got all directions :D )
this had probably been said before.

After the B2, 3A tech trap does anything tech off the 3A? I noticed the stun animation is a bit different there after the normal 3A.

Hey crew....Our Tech trap list is looking a bit sad in the official combo thread with only one tech trap. This thread is kind of old so I dont know exactly what to use so I was going to ask if any of you wanted to post a basic little list of some of your favorite tech traps that have been tested and worked. If any one could do that I would gladly update the tech trap section under the official thread.

P.S. This also is the same for combos if anyone has any ones that are not listed there.

Hey crew....Our Tech trap list is looking a bit sad in the official combo thread with only one tech trap. This thread is kind of old so I dont know exactly what to use so I was going to ask if any of you wanted to post a basic little list of some of your favorite tech traps that have been tested and worked. If any one could do that I would gladly update the tech trap section under the official thread.

P.S. This also is the same for combos if anyone has any ones that are not listed there.

Well uhh, we already posted most of the ones we could find.

2A+B>RCC 2A+B catches all techs, your opponent doesnt get stunned though, I just do this for lulz.

CH 2A+B>44K>Grab catches all Tech except Back and left unless opponent back at wall.

44K>RCC 3A Catches all tech

What started as finding a character-specific tech trap turned into an all-out study. I will share my research notes.
The move in question is GDR, BT B+K, 6A+B. There are two versions of this. One where the enemy slides away from you after the BT B+K, and the other where they fall directly at Cervantes' feet. Here are my results:

Aeon, Siegfried: At range, tech trap BF. At Cervantes' feet, tech trap BFL
Natsu, Tira: At range, tech trap BF. At Cervantes' feet, tech trap BFLR
Nightmare: Regardless of range, tech trap BFL
Astaroth: At range, tech trap BFL. At Cervantes' feet, tech trap BFLR
All other standard characters + Algol: Regardless of range, tech trap BF
Kilik(tested multiple styles), Edge Master(tested Mitsu style), Elysium(tested all styles): [ditto]
Dampierre: Unable to test

NOTES: After testing back and forward tech roll against characters like Pyrrha and Viola and connecting, I decided to not bother testing back and forward rolls on everyone, believing this lunging forward stab move would always catch those movements. After catching them with 6A+B, a CE is guaranteed.

Hopefully this study will help understand which characters may stand out among character-specific tech traps. Other than that, it's pretty much just data. Only bits of it are practical in a match.

Dampierre: Unable to test
From my tests I got BF for long range and BFLR at Cervy's feet for Dampierre.

Also 6A+B works as a tech trap after CH 33/99K and CH 1A:B. For CH 1A:B it seems like it is only BF for everyone, and for CH 33/99K it is BF for most everybody with only the big guys like Z.W.E.I., Seig, Nightmare, and Asta getting caught to the left.

On a side note 2[B+K] is also a tech trap after a CH 33/99K. It hits if they tech front and quake stuns if they go any other direction.

^ That's good to know. However, in the tests that I did with GDR, BT B+K, Z.W.E.I. wasn't any different from smaller characters like Pyrrha and Leixia. But Natsu got caught on all sides at Cervy's feet? I guess she's not a "little girl".

Pretty much pointless but... after 6a+b running up and doing 66b will catch teching left and back. The timing is weird because you actually have to run up unless they're at a wall.

Also I've been looking for setup for the backwards DC K (which can be ducked btw) and the only one I could find was after 33B 8a+b is a combo except when they tech left which will leave you in backturn dread charge so you can do the K and hit them with gunshot. You can also do the JF to build up more meter but doesn't make a difference to getting the shot off. Yes I do realise it's kinda crap but I really wanted a setup for the backwards gunshot :-)

Back