character specific anti air grab 28 B+G

MuffinMan123

[10] Knight
which aerial attacks can be countered with 28B+G? is just frame needed?

-yoshi copter and devil jin are obvious, not sure if there are enough time to do it on aeon
-cervantes iGDR getting grabbed by just frame 28B+G, can normal 28B+G do it if you do it earlier?
-natsu air grab/air drill vs 28B+G, what happens?

On Aeon if you sidestep the fireball I'm pretty sure you can 28B+G him before he comes down. I havn't actually tried this, I'm just speaking hypothetically.

I don't know from experience, but I'm pretty sure iGDR doesn't count as leaving the ground anymore. I have been normal grabbed out of iGDR, which is just kind of humiliating.

-Tira's 7_8_9B+K gets caught by Titan Bomb no matter which option they choose.
-If Cervy is stupid and actually uses Dread Charge B+K then you can Titan bomb him.
-If Cervy whiffs a WR B+K you might be able to as well, but that would require some pretty good reaction time
-Mitsu can get Titan bombed out of 7_8_9A+B
-I'm not 100% sure this works, but if Voldo does BT A+B and you block it, you may be able to Titan Bomb him during his air time.
-If Hilde does her third hit of C3 B on block (why you would is beyond me), you can Titan bomb her.
-Natsu HO completely loses to Titan Bomb iirc
-If Sieg does 44B when it is not guaranteed (again..I see no point), you can titan bomb him. It may take some good reactions to do so though.

Basically, there are only a few that are really needed as an option to stop some serious gimmick abuse. Alot of them however, are just to punish people for using bad moves in general. XD

but is JF needed? the impact time seems to be the same for both versions. I am still working on the JF so I can eventually incorporate this.

but is JF needed? the impact time seems to be the same for both versions. I am still working on the JF so I can eventually incorporate this.

The only thing the JF version does is add more damage. I would only say it's needed because it's free extra damage if you master it. It's also not very hard to do after practicing for a bit. Just remember to hit the last direction and B+G at the exact same time.

but didn't some combo actually require the JF to connect? like OTG 22B BE to JF 28 B+G, iirc JF version seems to jump lower or something so it can connect the grab.

my coordination is not very good, but I seems to be able to do it when I press B+G earlier than 8 for some weird reason. from my personal feeling I was pressing B+G earlier, but in fact training input tab says I was inputting at the same time, odd.

but didn't some combo actually require the JF to connect? like OTG 22B BE to JF 28 B+G, iirc JF version seems to jump lower or something so it can connect the grab.

my coordination is not very good, but I seems to be able to do it when I press B+G earlier than 8 for some weird reason. from my personal feeling I was pressing B+G earlier, but in fact training input tab says I was inputting at the same time, odd.

No they have the same hitboxes. OTG 22B BE into Titan Bomb is just kinda gimmicky at times and doesn't work on smaller characters unless you are at the right angle.

I'm not sure on the B+G before 8 part, but if works for you then good. Getting the JF will be critical to winning at times.

On Aeon if you sidestep the fireball I'm pretty sure you can 28B+G him before he comes down. I havn't actually tried this, I'm just speaking hypothetically.
Long while since theres been a post in this thread, but i can confirm you can step after blocked 66b and react to a fireball with 28B+G.

Long while since theres been a post in this thread, but i can confirm you can step after blocked 66b and react to a fireball with 28B+G.
I think that still results in Astaroth getting raped by SW K, though. Of course if that happens you just 22B BE after it and take half his life anyways.

And that's why I don't do 66B when it'll get blocked.

I think that still results in Astaroth getting raped by SW K, though. Of course if that happens you just 22B BE after it and take half his life anyways.

And that's why I don't do 66B when it'll get blocked.
You react to the fireball with the air grab, if you try to air grab early you are probably right about SW K, but he cant recover from the fireball fast enough to avoid the air grab as far as i am aware!

Pat 236AB, you can step the B and 28B+G on reaction fairly easily.
As cool as this is, backstepping the 2nd hit and punishing with 6[B+K] appears to be the superior option. 28B+G/A+G (air grab) give better oki/ringout plus the style points, though.

Tira has a surprisingly large amount of moves that will be countered by 2, 8, B+G. Not only can you stop 7_8_9 B+K, but it also hits GS 2 A+B (Which some Tira's open rounds with.) as well as JS 66 K. She has many others that I suspect work as well, but those are the ones I've hit.

If you react too slow to Tira 8B+K, you can 2:8B+G punish UD K on JG. The animation is janky as fuck too.

Back