Chicken Kick (Just)?!

WelcomeFurball

[10] Knight
Mkay, I'm decent with the dear Xianghua, but I can NOT get the her ONLY just frame to save my ever-loving life, online or off!!

Anyone got any tips or tricks to get that damned thing to work???? I'll give you a cookie!

this might not be much help but ive found that pressing B+K while shes still airborne but almost about to land her feet on the ground,try that i might be wrong
its tough to do because it happens so fast

It depends a lot on what television you're playing on.

CRT has no input lag so you hit B+K when she touches the ground.

Small monitors have little lag so press just before she hits the ground.

Larger LCD televisions can be really bad. On my HDTV you have to press B+K when she's more than halfway up the screen. I only use CRTs now for fighting games as a consequence.

Practice, practice, practice.

Now where's my cookie

Mkay, I'm decent with the dear Xianghua, but I can NOT get the her ONLY just frame to save my ever-loving life, online or off!!

Anyone got any tips or tricks to get that damned thing to work???? I'll give you a cookie!
While AoT pretty much covered it, if you want a shortcut while you continue to learn the timing, if you have a couple of spare bind spaces, set them to B+K and you can mash it out - its not consistent, but its something to have while you get the timing down. =)

Well for the chicken kick you have to press B+K the very moment you see her foot touching the gound or a very very bit before it does (It's kinda somewhere between). At least that's how it works for me...
With practice you'll be getting that easily or most of the times, as you'll have learned the timing ~_^

K, I think I've seen this happening before. LOL, deja vu!

Bind B+K to more than on key, then piano them as she is about to touch the ground. If you set it to 3 keys, then you have a 3 frame window, so it should be pretty easy.

Bind B+K to more than on key, then piano them as she is about to touch the ground. If you set it to 3 keys, then you have a 3 frame window, so it should be pretty easy.
...I don’t think it works that way... pretty sure a single JF-possible input “reserves” the next several frames as a buffer, precisely to prevent this sort of gaming the system.

Anyway, if you have an LCD HDTV, check to see if it has a “game mode” - makes JFs way easier (though not as perfect as CRTs). Ultimately though you need to drive it into your head as a timing thing, not a visual thing, so the real answer is go into practice mode and just do that combo over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

...I don’t think it works that way... pretty sure a single JF-possible input “reserves” the next several frames as a buffer, precisely to prevent this sort of gaming the system.

Actually, it does work that way, thanks to the way SC4's input recognition system works.

This is corrected in SC5, but in SC4 you can certainly do it this way.

-Idle

Go into training mode, set the dummy to Crouch, then do 2B+G with Xianghua. While she's throwing the dummy mash on B+K as fast as you can until the move comes out. You'll get the JF 70% of the time.

If you play online with her, you have to press it early before she hits the ground because of lag. If you are offline and you don't have a TV that lags then you press it when she lands.

This JF is fairly easy. Listen to what she says carefully and right after she speaks the last syllable input the B+K. I'm very consistent with this method. I play on 37 in LCD for what its worth.

Back