Collision Course CAS

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Ever felt like making a collaboration with someone on the same theme? Ever felt that you wanted to take someone's CAS and dress it up to your standards? Ever felt that you wanted to see how people dressed up your CAS? Ever felt like working close with your favorite CAS artist/rival? If you answered yes to any of these or had thoughts like them, then may this be a haven for that.

For now, I want to hear your thoughts and ideas. A contest team thing(think X and Y person vs A and B person vs etc), a place to train(leaning on this one), or possibly something else?

I've been thinking about something like this. The way it pans out in my head is that people would take a CaS they like that someone else made, then put their own spin on it.

A team-based contest sounds like it could take very long, especially given how detailed some of us like to get with our designs.

Would you care to explain what you mean by "a place to train?"

Would you care to explain what you mean by "a place to train?"

Think mentor to student except in action. Or 2 people make the same Cloud and they both get critiqued.

The team one indeed could be long, but then we can stretch it to be a bit long.....okay maybe that won't work.

Here's to hoping some stuff like rdmunhoz and chobek versus NeclordX and Quinion. Stuff like that. Right now, I need ideas and opinions joined together to put this thing in action.

Think mentor to student...stuff like rdmunhoz and chobek versus NeclordX and Quinion.
Bit of a nitpick, but when you mention those pairs, it's hard for me to pick out which one is the mentor or student. Would it even matter if they end up listening to each others' design thoughts, anyway? Besides that all four of them are already very good at what they do, you also have to consider the fact that all of their styles are different. I could see it being a mentor-student dynamic if you had a list that entrants willingly divide themselves into either of the two categories, like the "Teach Me" thread, but even then, I could see some people sorting themselves into a category where they don't really belong or even people who lie somewhere in between both. I think a two-way collaboration format would be simpler, if that's not what you had in mind already.

Anyway, if you really want to go with a team-based format, you could first have entrants register before a certain date, group them randomly, then specify a theme and submission window (I'd think they'd need at least two weeks, since everyone has different schedules).

If you want, another thing you could do with this contest is have each team member do something different with the design: one works primarily on character background, the other primarily on design, etc.

Bit of a nitpick, but when you mention those pairs, it's hard for me to pick out which one is the mentor or student. Would it even matter if they end up listening to each others' design thoughts, anyway? Besides that all four of them are already very good at what they do, you also have to consider the fact that all of their styles are different. I could see it being a mentor-student dynamic if you had a list that entrants willingly divide themselves into either of the two categories, like the "Teach Me" thread, but even then, I could see some people sorting themselves into a category where they don't really belong or even people who lie somewhere in between both. I think a two-way collaboration format would be simpler, if that's not what you had in mind already.

Anyway, if you really want to go with a team-based format, you could first have entrants register before a certain date, group them randomly, then specify a theme and submission window (I'd think they'd need at least two weeks, since everyone has different schedules).

If you want, another thing you could do with this contest is have each team member do something different with the design: one works primarily on character background, the other primarily on design, etc.

I love your nitpicking. Organizes my mind, yet you may want to slow down with details as I'm not on the same wavelength as you haha.

Right now though, I'm struggling on what to pick. As for the chobek NeclordX example thing I guess it is my fault. I didn't elaborate because I can't always post words and it'll make sense. I only mentioned them as contest peeps we usually see go against each and stuff. Nothing but a exaggeration(for a lack of a better).

For now, I guess I'll wait until other people have their say. Then whatever the crowd decides on I'll roll with it.

I think is a good idea but we just need to make a list of people interested in doing it first, and manage to agree some kind of "compromise" from people who wants to participate in this stuff before we start. We can't do like in other contests when someone just submit their CAS if they feel like doing it, we need to know who is going into this. Mostly because since it requires colaboration between users wouldnt be wise let the thread to the uncertainty of knowing if your partner, mentor or rival is going to appear or not.

Sorry, I don't know very well how to explain it in english.

A collaboration contest may be hard to arrange, because it would be difficult to know when each user has time to help, since everyone may have their own schedule.
I do like the idea of a collaboration thread though, but I'm not sure if it should be it's own thread or part of the request or review thread.
Maybe it can be a new thread with similar rules to the review thread.

Last edited:
The contest idea is out, but my current idea is this: It's gonna be like Request to Go thread, but it's more like request a buddy to work with for a simple show-off. Course we have to do the explanation to another in PMs(element of surprise). No time limit.

Example: I say I want to work with Retrotator together making robotic duos. I also say I want to work with Donutman with something else like Sonice the hedgehog characters in human forms(I could make sonic and he could make shadow).

It's kind of a circle jerk thing of CAS artists working together. Maybe a threesome and orgy if you're up for it. Pardon the choice of words.

That's all I got.

The contest idea is out, but my current idea is this: It's gonna be like Request to Go thread, but it's more like request a buddy to work with for a simple show-off. Course we have to do the explanation to another in PMs(element of surprise). No time limit.

Example: I say I want to work with Retrotator together making robotic duos. I also say I want to work with Donutman with something else like Sonice the hedgehog characters in human forms(I could make sonic and he could make shadow).

It's kind of a circle jerk thing of CAS artists working together. Maybe a threesome and orgy if you're up for it. Pardon the choice of words.

That's all I got.
The essence of team work intertwined with CaS making? What you've shared is both delightful and fresh. How wonderful of you to bring up this idea to us all :D it seems like people could actually have fun with this idea. Which is an excellent start!

Right now, I just think a little closer bonding could spark us back into voracious CAS makers. We're voracious, just taking more breaks to come up with things.

Right now, I just think a little closer bonding could spark us back into voracious CAS makers. We're voracious, just taking more breaks to come up with things.
It's such an optimistic idea, which is great. I really like the idea of a team based contest. You could set up a list of guidelines, then assign partners to all of the willing participants. :)

It's not per say a contest in a sense "oh your team won", but mainly a time to set aside solo activities and getting someone or more to try out something together. The idea still is in brainstorm because I still other vets and newbies ideas.

I think it could still work in a contest sense though. An example I have could be that somebody posts a character and says "Take this and make it a different version of itself", and the teams go off and do their own thing. One team opts to turn it into a robot, another decided to present the character with a difference ethnicity or something? Of course this is just one example, and actually the only example I can think of.

But I'm excited to see (and help) this develop.

I'm happy to say that I'm open to doinf this, as I've (FINALLY!) got some source of electricity at my house again.

Rookies eager to taste first blood, nice, nice. You have become a member of the ancient and noble society of CAS artist, who since ancient times have always endeavored to shatter the stone of ignorance, to bring forth the light of truth... now, let's all get drunk and play Ping-Pong!

Back