Combo Timing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handelskogge

[08] Mercenary
A few questions while learning Hilde.

1. What is the proper timing to change facing during the launch after a C2B. Is it once they've flown over your head?

edit: The computer turns around very late, but I don't see how that makes it possible to land B+K fully. Mine just seem to get the stab hit and not the animation.

edit 2: ok, reading a bunch of stuff about B+K now in the combo thread. patch!

2. What is the just frame timing on C3B? Do you hit B when the final hit strikes them, when they're flying up in the air, or somewhere else?

Thanks.

The just frame hit after C3B is actually done by pressing A during the 2nd hit.

The command list is wrong.

Landing the AT animation for B+K after C2B seems to be very situational. Whether you land the blue spark for the attack or not.

IMO, I think landing the AT animation has more to do with your spacing from the opponent when connecting with C2B. But that's just me...

She still nets decent damage from it regardless, and it has to be her best option if you don't feel like going for G~C3A and/or want to save the charge.

Start charging A simultaneously with B immediately after the 22/88B animation starts.

You may be able to start charging A later than that, but that's how I do it.

this helps, tnx

No problem.

Almost all of my 22_88B inputs are 22_88~[ B] [A] holds now due to how unreliable the B+K throw shift is.

Agreed. I still can't figure out what the hell is up with getting the AT property of her B+K.

I played a lot of matches last night with some local players in my area, and the AT animation would come out about 95% of the time when my backside was either near, or directly on the edge of the ring.

But maybe I was just getting lucky. Ha.

ch [a+b] c2b b+k is really consistent but everything else fails a lot. It has something to do with the way c2b launches a person from what i can tell. If your back is near a wall maybe the launch is lower and makes it possible. Try checking out the difference between ch [a+b] c2b and 22b c2b sometime. If there was a way to make them the same that would solve many problems.

ch [a+b] c2b b+k is really consistent but everything else fails a lot. It has something to do with the way c2b launches a person from what i can tell. If your back is near a wall maybe the launch is lower and makes it possible. Try checking out the difference between ch [a+b] c2b and 22b c2b sometime. If there was a way to make them the same that would solve many problems.
I kinda figured out the timing for B+K after 88/22BB CB2, seems that is not random or inconsistent just the timing really really really strict. U have to hit it not to soon but not to late, I have done it like 4 times in a row now, and I press B+K when the enemy is falling and his body reach the height of the upper part of the lance.

I'm having a lot of trouble doing combos off of CH[A+B] against some characters. For example, I don't ever seem to be able to connect the C2B against Ezio. Can anyone help me with the timing?

I kinda figured out the timing for B+K after 88/22BB CB2, seems that is not random or inconsistent just the timing really really really strict. U have to hit it not to soon but not to late, I have done it like 4 times in a row now, and I press B+K when the enemy is falling and his body reach the height of the upper part of the lance.

I definitely agree there's timing involved. There's no doubt about that. But I still think consistently landing the AT animation has something to do with spacing from opponents when C2B connects.

I'm having a lot of trouble doing combos off of CH[A+B] against some characters. For example, I don't ever seem to be able to connect the C2B against Ezio. Can anyone help me with the timing?

That combo should work on everybody. And it definitely works on Ezio. As long as C2B comes out immediately after CH[A+B] there shouldn't be any issues with it.

The only time Ive experienced C2B not consistently connecting is if the 2nd part of CH[A+B] creates a wall hit/stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back